• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees

Thank you for your prompt reply...I still couldnt find a sponsor and my number will go current soon

What do you mean!! You already have a sponsor... The address in the US where you are going. That person should be the one to provide the AOS.

As simon says...they only gave me the address to receive my GC. In my country the sponsor is not mandatory but bcs im in China i must provide that

Not necessarily so. Just because someone is willing to host a person doesn't automatically make them a sponsor or mean they're able to provide an AOS.
As simon says...they only gave me the address to receive my GC. In my country the sponsor is not mandatory but bcs im in China i must provide that
Find someone who is willing to provide it. family, relative or even a friend. they also asked me for my resume so you might wanna prepare that to, just in case.

Last edited:
I am a DV2017 winner, I am doing consular processing and my visa was issued. I am planning on when to travel to the US and I have a question about the September 30th deadline. Is it advisable to travel before September 30th even if the visa expiration date is in December?
I prefer to travel into the US in October or so to wrap up some things in my home country, but I would like to know if I should enter the US before September 30th just in case. Thank you.

I am a DV2017 winner, I am doing consular processing and my visa was issued. I am planning on when to travel to the US and I have a question about the September 30th deadline. Is it advisable to travel before September 30th even if the visa expiration date is in December?
I prefer to travel into the US in October or so to wrap up some things in my home country, but I would like to know if I should enter the US before September 30th just in case. Thank you.

It is okay to enter the US after Sept 30th, as long as your visa is still valid.

It is okay to enter the US after Sept 30th, as long as your visa is still valid.
Thanks!

And regarding the "Port of Entry", should I enter the US through the airport near my US address? If I do layover in the US, I would have to pass the immigration controls in the east coast, but my final destination for permanent residence is in the west coast.

Also, do I have to present any supporting documents (other than passport with visa, sealed immigration package and x-rays CD)? I'm thinking of whether I should take in my carry-on luggage birth certificates, marriage certificate, etc.

Thanks!

And regarding the "Port of Entry", should I enter the US through the airport near my US address? If I do layover in the US, I would have to pass the immigration controls in the east coast, but my final destination for permanent residence is in the west coast.

Also, do I have to present any supporting documents (other than passport with visa, sealed immigration package and x-rays CD)? I'm thinking of whether I should take in my carry-on luggage birth certificates, marriage certificate, etc.

Doesn't matter where you enter.
You don't need to show those certificates but it's never a good idea to put such important documents in checked luggage. Keep them with you.

Thanks!

What she said ^^

Hello Simon...is it okay if i get the sponsor s documents from now..it s because I may lose the sponsor if i wait till november...my CN is AF15xxx ...

Thank you

That's exceptionally long, you were clearly on AP. Did they tell you what for?
Yes they told me i had one missing document but later they requested for more documents i.e my resume, college transcripts and certificates and AOS. But also the time they take to respond... the Guangzhou embassy you can only email no calls and it takes four to five days for them to respond.

Two questions regarding fees:
I already paid the $330 fee when doing the interview at the Embassy. The package I received with my passport says I have to pay another $220 fee.

1) What is this? I thought the only DV fee was $330.
2) When exactly should I pay? I would like to delay it as much as possible, but without it affecting getting my green card. Should I pay before the September 30th deadline?

Two questions regarding fees:
I already paid the $330 fee when doing the interview at the Embassy. The package I received with my passport says I have to pay another $220 fee.

1) What is this? I thought the only DV fee was $330.
2) When exactly should I pay? I would like to delay it as much as possible, but without it affecting getting my green card. Should I pay before the September 30th deadline?

Details here. https://www.uscis.gov/file-online/uscis-immigrant-fee