• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Congrats everyone who have won and good luck to you all.
I would like to know what kind of "guarantees" i can bring with me to the interview, that will help my case. I have read that you need to present your bank account like a proof that you have enough money and that you will not fall into their wallfare system. Also if you have someone in USA, that can be your sponsor. Like he needs to file affidavit of support form and his taxes, like a proof that he will guarantee for me. I just want to check with you guys is this necessary? Will it be a plus to my case? If not, what is, that i can bring, that will be a plus? My friend from USA is willing to help me with this form and he can write an recommendation letter.

I would like to know what kind of "guarantees" i can bring with me to the interview, that will help my case. I have read that you need to present your bank account like a proof that you have enough money and that you will not fall into their wallfare system. Also if you have someone in USA, that can be your sponsor. Like he needs to file affidavit of support form and his taxes, like a proof that he will guarantee for me. I just want to check with you guys is this necessary? Will it be a plus to my case? If not, what is, that i can bring, that will be a plus? My friend from USA is willing to help me with this form and he can write an recommendation letter.

http://britsimonsays.com/all-about-public-charge-affidavit-of-support-i-134/

It depends on the Embassy, I know that in PAris the Affidvit of support is not required.

I can remember many cases where Paris DID ask for an I-134
I totally agree. When I said not required, I meant most of the time, they don't ask for it. Exceptions, obviously, exist.

A friend called them a couple of days ago, and they told him that affidavit of support is not mandatory. Most of the time, having between 5K€ and 10K€ is enough. On many DV French forums (I don't know If I'm allowed to post such a link) people confirmed that.

I didn't have my interview yet, so I think I'm not the best person to talk about that!!I'll be more careful next time!

I agree with @Britsimon ans @SusieQQQ, sweeping statements can mislead readers and are thus better avoided.

Madrid's embassy is too one of those embassies that don't usually ask for an I-134,...but I read about a couple of cases on a spanish forum where applicants were put on AP until they provided an Affidavit of Support.

Case 1: Young Freelance Web-designer with 13.000 euros in his bank account (more than enough in theory). Days before the interview, he was worried he couldn't prove his work experience (although not required per se, it's adviseable to include a Work History document from Social Security Administration). He didn't say it, but it was obvious he worked off the books. People advised him to include letters from costumers, checks and money wiring, etc....Anyway, at the end they DID ask him about an Affidavit of support despite his savings,....obviously for not being able to prove his work history even if they didn't openly state it.

Case 2: A couple of south-american expats in their 50's. They were asked about an Affidavit of Support despite having 60.000 euros in their bank account, and a house in their name. While in this case it's harder to be categorical about the reasons behind the embassy's requirement, I am 90% sure it was because of their age.

These are some of the reasons that can push even the most "lenient" embassies to ask about additional guarantees,....there are many more and most of them are totally subjective. So I think if someone can get an Affidavit of support, better be safe than sorry even if the probability of being asked about it is just 1%.

I agree with @Britsimon ans @SusieQQQ, sweeping statements can mislead readers and are thus better avoided.

Madrid's embassy is too one of those embassies that don't usually ask for an I-134,...but I read about a couple of cases on a spanish forum where applicants were put on AP until they provided an Affidavit of Support.

Case 1: Young Freelance Web-designer with 13.000 euros in his bank account (more than enough in theory). Days before the interview, he was worried he couldn't prove his work experience (although not required per se, it's adviseable to include a Work History document from Social Security Administration). He didn't say it, but it was obvious he worked off the books. People advised him to include letters from costumers, checks and money wiring, etc....Anyway, at the end they DID ask him about an Affidavit of support despite his savings,....obviously for not being able to prove his work history even if they didn't openly state it.

Case 2: A couple of south-american expats in their 50's. They were asked about an Affidavit of Support despite having 60.000 euros in their bank account, and a house in their name. While in this case it's harder to be categorical about the reasons behind the embassy's requirement, I am 90% sure it was because of their age.

These are some of the reasons that can push even the most "lenient" embassies to ask about additional guarantees,....there are many more and most of them are totally subjective. So I think if someone can get an Affidavit of support, better be safe than sorry even if the probability of being asked about it is just 1%.

Yes - as we have stated many times, it depends on the embassy but also the case. The circumstances must be considered. But to be clear - the chances of being asked for it are high at many embassies, and probably higher than 1% at ALL embassies.

There are a number of embassies that state the I-134 is not "required". people get confused by that statement. A document not being "required" means it is not routinely expected in all cases. It does not mean it will not be requested in some cases. If it is requested - then it must be presented before the case is approved - and that normally means AP. AP for that reason is normally just a nuisance and delay, but if that case is late in the year, the AP can destroy a case, because allocated visas are given back to KCC for re-allocation, time runs out or visas run out.

We advise people the best way to avoid these problems - but we have seen cases that missed out on a Green card because people chose not to listen to simple advice.

Hi guys,

just preparing all my documents from pre-interview check list and I would need little bit of advice to my questions.

1.) A copy of your NVC interview letter. I think that this letter I don't need to bring if I am getting visa through Green Card Lottery. Am I correct?
2.) Original birth certificate, English translation and photocopy. I have photocopy which is already officially translated and stamped. Is this enough or do they need another photocopy except this translated and stamped version?
3.) In my DS-260 form I found one little mistake. In one of my previous addresses from different country where I lived before I put incorrect house number. Should I notify somebody about this and if YES there where can I do that?

Thank you

Hi guys,

just preparing all my documents from pre-interview check list and I would need little bit of advice to my questions.

1.) A copy of your NVC interview letter. I think that this letter I don't need to bring if I am getting visa through Green Card Lottery. Am I correct?
2.) Original birth certificate, English translation and photocopy. I have photocopy which is already officially translated and stamped. Is this enough or do they need another photocopy except this translated and stamped version?
3.) In my DS-260 form I found one little mistake. In one of my previous addresses from different country where I lived before I put incorrect house number. Should I notify somebody about this and if YES there where can I do that?

Thank you

1. Take a copy of the 2NL and I would suggest copies of the DS260 confirmation, and even the DS260 pages (some embassies have claimed to not see details that were on the DS260).
2. That copy will be fine - they will keep it, so take a copy of the translation if you want. Take the original also.
3. You cannot change the DS260 once scheduled unless the embassy unlocks it. For that mistake (trivial), don't worry about it.

And 1NL is necessary to take as well? I know that it is written on the that letter but now when I am looking at pre-interview check list then it is not stated there.

Asking because when you print this letter it will be on two pages. And for some reason I can't find anywhere the second part (but the second part is kind of irrelevant - like general information which were written in small letters on very bottom of letter) All important information are written on first page.

And 1NL is necessary to take as well? I know that it is written on the that letter but now when I am looking at pre-interview check list then it is not stated there.

Asking because when you print this letter it will be on two pages. And for some reason I can't find anywhere the second part (but the second part is kind of irrelevant - like general information which were written in small letters on very bottom of letter) All important information are written on first page.

I didn't list the 1NL.

hello thetristan,

According to Paris Embassy for exemple you don't need a copy of your NVC interview letter.

"A copy of your NVC interview letter (does not apply to Diversity Visa, fiancé(e), adoptive, or asylee/refugee applicants)."

Could you tell me please where you're interview will take place?

Thanks a lot,
L

hello thetristan,

According to Paris Embassy for exemple you don't need a copy of your NVC interview letter.

"A copy of your NVC interview letter (does not apply to Diversity Visa, fiancé(e), adoptive, or asylee/refugee applicants)."

Thanks a lot,
L

A copy of the NVC interview letter is not needed because DV Selectees do not get scheduled for their interview by NVC so there's no interview letter issued by NVC which is why it is not applicable. KCC issues the interview notification letter for DV Selectees. Besides, that is not the 1NL @thetristan was asking about.

A copy of the NVC interview letter is not needed because DV Selectees do not get scheduled for their interview by NVC so there's no interview letter issued by NVC which is why it is not applicable. KCC issues the interview notification letter for DV Selectees. Besides, that is not the 1NL @thetristan was asking about.
@Sm1smom

It was an answer to this question :)
"Hi guys,

1.) A copy of your NVC interview letter. I think that this letter I don't need to bring if I am getting visa through Green Card Lottery. Am I correct?"

@Sm1smom

It was an answer to this question :)
"Hi guys,

1.) A copy of your NVC interview letter. I think that this letter I don't need to bring if I am getting visa through Green Card Lottery. Am I correct?"

Thanks for pointing it out, I missed that part

hello thetristan,

Thanks a lot,
L
I have interview in London and it is exactly as you wrote it

"A copy of your NVC interview letter (does not apply to Diversity Visa, fiancé(e), adoptive, or asylee/refugee applicants)." so yeah as I thought... it is no needed. THX;)

By the way, please will I find somebody who can send me through email second letter (second part) of that 1NL ? When is 1NL printed it comes out on 2 pages and I am missing the second page. You don't need to worry about sending me some kind of "private information of yours" because all these important things are on the first page. On this second page is just some kind of irrelevant few sentences probably about KCC, some link to official government websites and stuff like this. When you printing this 1NL, in upper right corner is written that it is 1 page of 2. And just want avoid of questioning that where is the second page. Probably I will not even need it, but just to be on the safe side. Will be very grateful for that !!

hello , What conditions the sponsor must have?
and if he don't have the condition how much money i need in my account ?