• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2015 DV Winners from Zimbabwe

Congrats Angelg21. I applied for my first US Visa in Zim and it was a breeze! Easy, took about 5min total on two windows. I don't know about SA, but they just might look at your papers with a magnifying glass, but that's just an assumption... all the best! You will love it!

Are you somehow implying that the officials at the Harare embassy are careless? I wouldn't expect those in Johannesburg to be any more or less vigilant than the norm. Plenty of people from countries north of SA have successfully interviewed for visas in Johannesburg.

Are you somehow implying that the officials at the Harare embassy are careless? I wouldn't expect those in Johannesburg to be any more or less vigilant than the norm. Plenty of people from countries north of SA have successfully interviewed for visas in Johannesburg.

Careless? certainly not, they do their jobs well. However from other people's accounts some embassies are more stringent in how they question you and requiring additional documents that are beyond what is usually stated. Probably because those countries have higher volumes of people in the US e.g. China, India .

Careless? certainly not, they do their jobs well. However from other people's accounts some embassies are more stringent in how they question you and requiring additional documents that are beyond what is usually stated. Probably because those countries have higher volumes of people in the US e.g. China, India .

A category into which SA most definitely does not fall.
It sounded like you were trying to scare her off from interviewing in Joburg, with no good reason for your "magnifying glass" statement existing. It's a hassle to interview somewhere else from where you live, because of the medicals issue and because it can take a week or so to get your passport back. Perhaps you were just being flippant, but that kind of flippant talk can actually end up seriously inconveniencing someone if they take you at face value.

Congrats Angelg21. I applied for my first US Visa in Zim and it was a breeze! Easy, took about 5min total on two windows. I don't know about SA, but they just might look at your papers with a magnifying glass, but that's just an assumption... all the best! You will love it!
Thank you. am just so nervous

Congrats on your visa approval! I have my interview scheduled for August at the Harare embassy.I was wondering if for your interview they required proof of finances and if yes what type of documents did you show them as proof. I am student studying engineering in my third year at an American college under full scholarship. will that be enough to show the embassy if they ask for proof of finances?
Thank you

Hi BillyT.

I am also new. Got selected recently, so I am not sure yet of all the requirements. Let me know how the interview goes. All the best..

Congrats on your visa approval! I have my interview scheduled for August at the Harare embassy.I was wondering if for your interview they required proof of finances and if yes what type of documents did you show them as proof. I am student studying engineering in my third year at an American college under full scholarship. will that be enough to show the embassy if they ask for proof of finances?
Thank you

Thank you
Hey Billy, I am not sure if you are a student. Try finding someone who can help you with statements I think just in case. I was close to American family and they helped me out a lot! I love them to bits. Or if you have a relative or if you can connect with other zimbo's in your area who are working. All the best! It will work out!! Will you fly out for the interview?? Can't you schedule it for there?

Thank you. am just so nervous
You will be fine! Gather everything now & as much info from other people. I think you can inbox previous Zim winners on what you need to do, leave nothing to chance! Don't act nervous on the day! Fake confidence if you have to, prayers up! (if you pray)

You will be fine! Gather everything now & as much info from other people. I think you can inbox previous Zim winners on what you need to do, leave nothing to chance! Don't act nervous on the day! Fake confidence if you have to, prayers up! (if you pray)
Thank you. I am praying very hard.

Good day to you all. I was also selected 2018AF00014*** when am I mostly be interviewed. 2) I have HND in Procurement and 8years experience as a buyer. Will that be leverage in USA 3) How long does it take me to get a job in my line of study someone to furnish me with information

Good day to you all. I was also selected 2018AF00014*** when am I mostly be interviewed. 2) I have HND in Procurement and 8years experience as a buyer. Will that be leverage in USA 3) How long does it take me to get a job in my line of study someone to furnish me with information

1. Late 2017/early 2018
2. It may help a little.
3. How can anyone guess that. It depends where you move, how hard you look, and how good you are in interviews. We don't even know you...

Hi Angel,
If you're living in SA you should do the interview in Johannesburg. You need to do medicals in same country you interview in by the way, will be easier if you just do it there I think.
I presume you added your son to your eDV? Yes do a court marriage, the relationship will be easy to prove with your son, lobola paid etc. You will then need to add your husband to your case, and remember you will need to list his daughter as a child on your and his DS260 even if you don't apply for a visa for her to take her with. If you do take her with then you will fill out a DS260 for her as well.

There is no "deadline" for the DS260 but ideally you want it done by 4 months before your interview. What is your case number (blank out the last 3 numbers e.g. AF12xxx)?
Hi SusieQQQ.
Just an update on the above. We managed to do a court marriage last week and i added my husband and my step daughter on my DS260 application just now. i attached the marriage certificate and birth certificate for my step daughter. On both their status, it says NVC is reviewing the request and i have to wait until NVC accepts the request. My question is how long does it normally take for NVC to accept the request?

Hi SusieQQQ.
Just an update on the above. We managed to do a court marriage last week and i added my husband and my step daughter on my DS260 application just now. i attached the marriage certificate and birth certificate for my step daughter. On both their status, it says NVC is reviewing the request and i have to wait until NVC accepts the request. My question is how long does it normally take for NVC to accept the request?

Hi SusieQQQ.
Its all sorted. NVC have approved. Am now busy completing the DS260 application for everyone

Hi Everyone. I am reaching out to all past, future and potential DV winners. Please join a Whatsapp group that I created. The mission of the group is to create more awarness amongst our poeple regarding the DV lottery. If interested please send me your name and number via Whatsapp. My number is (240) 273-5202 Alban. It is much easier for most to keep comms via WhatsApp. Your participation wld be most valued. Non Zimbabweans are also welcome. Ps sperad the word.

Thanks to all those who have reached out to join the whatsapp group. Still calling on more people to join in DM me to add you on (240) 273-5202

Dear All.

Just to give you an update on our interview 6 March. Location - Johannesburg, South Africa. It was my husband, 18 year old step daughter, 7 year old son and me. I am the principal applicant.

We arrived at the consulate at 12 noon but we were told to only come back at 12:45pm. We went to the Sandton City Mall and then came back at 12:40 and waited in the queue. Went through the security check.

When we went inside, we were given a number (11) and told to wait outside as there was no space to sit inside . Our number was called after 30 minutes and we were told to go to window 6. At the window a lady did our fingerprints on biometric machine. She had a file with our medical results and requested us to give her all the required documents a copy and original - Passports, 2 visa photos, DS260 confirmation page, unabridged birth certificates, marriage certificate, educational qualifications, police clearance certificates, financial statements ,I also gave them affidavit of support from my sponsor but she said its not a requirement but she took it anyway. She then requested us to pay the visa fees.

After payment we were told to sit and wait to be called again. We were called after 5 minutes and went to another window where the Consular Officer interviewed us. She asked us the address of where we were going to stay in America. We did biometrics again. She asked me what type of job i do and if we have ever travelled to america. She also asked who we was going to live with and our relationship. My husband and I got married after i was selected as i wanted to include him in the visa processing. we had come prepared with our court wedding photos. She didn't request them but only asked us why we got married after the selection. After that she made my step daughter sign a form stating that she is not allowed to get married until we travel to the US.

The consular officer then smiled, returned all our original documents and said all is in order and we can expect an sms or email from the delivery courier to come and collect our passports in 10 working days. We were so happy that all went well and we give all the glory to God. Now we are just waiting for the passports and then plan the way forward regarding moving to the US.

Thank you all for this website as it has been very helpful. I checked on ceac website today and i see our case number changed from ready to administrative process so i will just wait until after the 10 working days.

Dear All.

Just to give you an update on our interview 6 March. Location - Johannesburg, South Africa. It was my husband, 18 year old step daughter, 7 year old son and me. I am the principal applicant.

We arrived at the consulate at 12 noon but we were told to only come back at 12:45pm. We went to the Sandton City Mall and then came back at 12:40 and waited in the queue. Went through the security check.

When we went inside, we were given a number (11) and told to wait outside as there was no space to sit inside . Our number was called after 30 minutes and we were told to go to window 6. At the window a lady did our fingerprints on biometric machine. She had a file with our medical results and requested us to give her all the required documents a copy and original - Passports, 2 visa photos, DS260 confirmation page, unabridged birth certificates, marriage certificate, educational qualifications, police clearance certificates, financial statements ,I also gave them affidavit of support from my sponsor but she said its not a requirement but she took it anyway. She then requested us to pay the visa fees.

After payment we were told to sit and wait to be called again. We were called after 5 minutes and went to another window where the Consular Officer interviewed us. She asked us the address of where we were going to stay in America. We did biometrics again. She asked me what type of job i do and if we have ever travelled to america. She also asked who we was going to live with and our relationship. My husband and I got married after i was selected as i wanted to include him in the visa processing. we had come prepared with our court wedding photos. She didn't request them but only asked us why we got married after the selection. After that she made my step daughter sign a form stating that she is not allowed to get married until we travel to the US.

The consular officer then smiled, returned all our original documents and said all is in order and we can expect an sms or email from the delivery courier to come and collect our passports in 10 working days. We were so happy that all went well and we give all the glory to God. Now we are just waiting for the passports and then plan the way forward regarding moving to the US.

Thank you all for this website as it has been very helpful. I checked on ceac website today and i see our case number changed from ready to administrative process so i will just wait until after the 10 working days.
Congratulations!

Dear All.