• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

You don't think it is worth writing to the embassy, explaining the situation and hearing from them? Have you heard from any one who realised they have made a mistake after getting their visa and the kind of actions they took ?

You'll have the opportunity to do any explaining in the interview. Aside from anything else, until there is an interview scheduled, your file is with KCC and the embassy have no idea who you are nor any way to record anything about your case. KCC conversely is just admin and will tell you anything regarding adjudication of the case depends on the embassy. So you may as well just wait till the interview.

You'll have the opportunity to do any explaining in the interview. Aside from anything else, until there is an interview scheduled, your file is with KCC and the embassy have no idea who you are nor any way to record anything about your case. KCC conversely is just admin and will tell you anything regarding adjudication of the case depends on the embassy. So you may as well just wait till the interview.
Thank you SusieQQQ for answering my questions and please bear with me for one more
The embassy do know about my DS160 form because they processed it.
If I write to them, I do not intend on bringing up the DV process. I am only going to say that I have made a mistake on my DS160 which I have just realised and ask if that might lead to any complications with my current tourist visa or any new applications and whether or not there is a way to correct/amend the form ?
The question becomes what happens when you discover a mistake post getting your tourist visa- What do you think ?

Thank you SusieQQQ for answering my questions and please bear with me for one more
If I write to them, I do not intend on bringing up the DV process. I am only going to say that I have made a mistake on my DS160 which I have just realised and ask if that might lead to any complications with my current tourist visa or any new applications and whether or not there is a way to correct/amend the form ?
The question becomes what happens when you discover a mistake post getting your tourist visa- What do you think ?

You cannot amend a submitted form!!!
You'll certainly successfully flag yourself as someone to watch if you do that, though ...

Also you seem to think they're pretty dumb. Acting as though this is a vague enquiry .., if they don't put 2+2 together now they will later, and either way they'll wonder why you were evasive about having been selected in DV when you wrote to them.

You don't think it is worth writing to the embassy, explaining the situation and hearing from them? Have you heard from any one who realised they have made a mistake after getting their visa and the kind of actions they took ?

Writing to the embassy will not help, the case is still at Kentucky Visa Center, it'll be sent to the embassy once your case number becomes current and you have an interview date. Use the waiting time to come up with the required paperwork and reasons.

Hi guys

A close friend just won at the dvlottery, but by looking at his confirmation i realized that he might be in trouble. He is born in morocco (africa), he got only the moroccan citizenship but he lives in Italy. His number is a EU0xxxx.....is it over for him ?

Thanks a lot

Hi guys

A close friend just won at the dvlottery, but by looking at his confirmation i realized that he might be in trouble. He is born in morocco (africa), he got only the moroccan citizenship but he lives in Italy. His number is a EU0xxxx.....is it over for him ?

Thanks a lot

Please don't post the same question on multiple threads. Post once and wait for a response.

Yes you friend will be disqualified, he selected the wrong chargeability country.

Sorry Sm1smom, i tried to correct my mistake fast but you were faster then me. Well too bad for him we were all very happy for him and now all gone. He will try again next year :)

Sorry Sm1smom, i tried to correct my mistake fast but you were faster then me. Well too bad for him we were all very happy for him and now all gone. He will try again next year :)

Is he married to an Italian? He can cross charge if he has an Italian spouse that meets the requirements, otherwise he should forget about the selection.

Is he married to an Italian? He can cross charge if he has an Italian spouse that meets the requirements, otherwise he should forget about the selection.

No he is not...time for him to forget, too bad he didn't understood the form and didn't ask anyone

No he is not...time for him to forget, too bad he didn't understood the form and didn't ask anyone

It is a big pity because the rules are very, very clear about this, when he enters again he should read the instructions and FAQs very carefully before submitung.

If I were you I would just make sure that ds260 is correctly filled out including your previous names, if it's not, ask Kentucky to unlock the form so you can fill it out correctly.

Last edited:
I have dual citizenship. I used my country of birth(Romania) for the dv application and my confirmation and case number are under my country of birth. However, I only have a valid passport for my other citizenship(Hungary), not the country of birth, so when I filled out ds260 I entered my valid passport first(Hungary) as country of origin since the form said to enter a valid travel doc. Now as a confirmation of submitting ds260 it says country of origin Hungary and not Romania. Should I be worried?

Hi all - a couple of follow-up questions if I may:

1) Re: background check to be run by KCC - does a bad US credit history (with a prior SSN) affect the DV interview process in any way (like automatically requiring I-134 sponsorship etc)? can definitely demonstrate evidence of cash of ~$10k/pp at the interview though.
2) Would legally delivering a baby in the US prior to CP interview (while on existing medical/tourist visa) impact the process also? dont see why it would, but figured may check as well...

Thanks!

I have dual citizenship. I used my country of birth(Romania) for the dv application and my confirmation and case number are under my country of birth. However, I only have a valid passport for my other citizenship(Hungary), not the country of birth, so when I filled out ds260 I entered my valid passport first(Hungary) as country of origin since the form said to enter a valid travel doc. Now as a confirmation of submitting ds260 it says country of origin Hungary and not Romania. Should I be worried?

Does the form still show your country of chargeability /eligibility as Romania? Sorry I don't know the electronic DS260 form very well... so I'm not sure if country of "origin" replaces these or in addition.
In any case as they are both EU region it shouldn't make a difference.

Does the form still show your country of chargeability /eligibility as Romania? Sorry I don't know the electronic DS260 form very well... so I'm not sure if country of "origin" replaces these or in addition.
In any case as they are both EU region it shouldn't make a difference.
The confirmation for ds260 shows only country of origin so it gives me the feeling that country of chargeability might have gotten switched. I am thinking to apply for a new Romanian passport and unlock the form and switch the passports. It's a hassle but I guess it's better I don't take risk. Thanks :)

The confirmation for ds260 shows only country of origin so it gives me the feeling that country of chargeability might have gotten switched. I am thinking to apply for a new Romanian passport and unlock the form and switch the passports. It's a hassle but I guess it's better I don't take risk. Thanks :)

Well, your DV entry and 1 NL will still show correct birth country. Maybe to put your mind at rest it's worth emailing KCC to ask them about this - you're certainly not the first person to have a passport different from their birth country so they must have seen this many times.
When you email them remember to include your full name, case number and birth date in US convention of mm-dd-yyyy.

Well, your DV entry and 1 NL will still show correct birth country. Maybe to put your mind at rest it's worth emailing KCC to ask them about this - you're certainly not the first person to have a passport different from their birth country so they must have seen this many times.
When you email them remember to include your full name, case number and birth date in US convention of mm-dd-yyyy.
Thanks, you are right, I will email first to see what they say.

If I am expecting an interview December/January 2018 when it's the best time to take the medical examination? Thanks again :)

If I am expecting an interview December/January 2018 when it's the best time to take the medical examination? Thanks again :)

It's not normally really up to you. Most countries' panel doctors will only allow you to schedule an appointment once you have your interview letter, and then they tend to kind of tell you when you should do it. Also there is some variation - some give you the results, some send directly to the embassy, some can do it a couple of days before interview, others require a couple of weeks before, etc.

The confirmation page says

Country/Region of Origin (Nationality):

In your case this is Hungary (your passport). Nationality is not place of birth.