• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2016 CEAC data published...

uc
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/statistics/annual-reports/report-of-the-visa-office-2016.htm

Thanks Roger, coincidentally I was just looking for this a couple of days ago. It must have been published very recently.

Interesting to see AF and AS as the beneficiaries of the EU/OC miss. I expect they will have fixed that somewhat with the second draw for DV2017. The 1st draw numbers were increased for EU, and reduced for AF and AS. The second draw is where the risk (if there is any) lies. But, we don't have numbers for the 2nd draw....

Revised Regional Quotas (unofficial)
Based on my understanding of the law and appropriate numerical sources. DV-2018 is preliminary, change unlikely.

2013; 2014; 2015

Diversity 45,618; 53,490; 47,934

Hmm.... Guess we were lucky to be part of DV-2014 lot, specifically for EU Region....
DV-2014 was indeed a fantastic year for Europe – but only for those folks who didn't miss out.
By the way, I'm thrilled about the face lifting of Homeland's yearbook Web site. Publishing the tables HTML coded means it takes me 1 minute to pull the data into Google Sheets. The messy Excel spreadsheets were a pain.

Revised Regional Quotas (unofficial)
Based on my understanding of the law and appropriate numerical sources. DV-2018 is preliminary, change unlikely.

Hi Roger,

Looking at these number it seems there is possibility that SA region will have a larger amount of selected? I understand these are just projections but still just wanted to make sure I understand.

Hi Roger,

Looking at these number it seems there is possibility that SA region will have a larger amount of selected? I understand these are just projections but still just wanted to make sure I understand.

Ecuador is eligible in DV2018 - so the quota change with a small regional increase as shown above.

Ecuador is eligible in DV2018 - so the quota change with a small regional increase as shown above.

Thanks for the clarification BritSimon and its good to see another country in the SA region is eligible for DV2018. Happy New year 2017 for you

You too. Hopefully it will be a fun year for you - sometime in early May! :)

Thanks to you I understand that the lottery is all based on luck and I hope its on my side this next May :). I'm sure as well it will be a great year, just waiting for May to do a nice vacation trip to the U.S. for a couple of weeks :)

For the SA region in the CEAC data it says that there where 223 cases issued and 12 refused, does this mean that there were a total of 235 interviews by january?

@DV4ROGER

Numbers of issued from CEAC (not including AOS). I expect these numbers to rise slightly once the official numbers are published because some embassies are lazy about CEAC updates.

AF - 18981
AS - 7441
EU - 19919

SA and OC will be ready in the morning. But if we add in 2300 from OC and SA, plus 1500 AOS - they hit the 50k. More significantly, EU exceeded the quota while others (including AF selectees) were being told there were no more visas. The quota split seems out of whack.

@DV4ROGER

Numbers of issued from CEAC (not including AOS). I expect these numbers to rise slightly once the official numbers are published because some embassies are lazy about CEAC updates.

AF - 18981
AS - 7441
EU - 19919

SA and OC will be ready in the morning. But if we add in 2300 from OC and SA, plus 1500 AOS - they hit the 50k. More significantly, EU exceeded the quota while others (including AF selectees) were being told there were no more visas. The quota split seems out of whack.
Only EU is a slight surprise. That's the benefit of going current early. AP cases from Uzbekistan had enough time to get cleared. Look at the huge number (500 visas) in September!

Only EU is a slight surprise. That's the benefit of going current early. AP cases from Uzbekistan had enough time to get cleared. Look at the huge number (500 visas) in September!

Yep, EU is the surprise indeed.

And I have now got the SA and OC numbers - total of issued 48737 PLUS AOS and plus a few extra cases that will have updated since the scraping started. So - we are over 50,000.