• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

Please can I use my WASSCE results slip for interview since my certificate is not yet in?
Hi, can you provide some more details as to when you completed shs? If you completed over a year ago, then it's likely your results slip will NOT be accepted as proof of your shs attendance. Even so you still should get an official testimonial letter from your high school.

My interview was scheduled at 9;30am but so I got there around 7 yet went to join a long queue. In the queue our interview letter was inspected for both dv applicants and other applicants,that was outside the embassy. We were ushered into another room where the security used a machine to Check if we had any unauthorized gadget.From there we entered a long hall where several people who had also applied for visa were comfortably seated.There my passport and appointment letter where also inspected. We were made to sit down. My God in the hall was filled with tension. One after the other they called for inspection of documents stated in the ds260 but in everything the dv applicants does theirs last.Mind u the fee is now 1,584gh with may be increased as tym goes by. One thing I noticed was if u are called for your interview and after u are given back ur passport that means it did not go well,others reactions will be seen by the looks on their faces. Then the Co called me

Co: Sorry for keeping u guys waiting for so long
Me:eek:k boss
Co; raise ur right hand and he read blablablabla
Me:yes I do
Co:Are married have ever been married and divorced have lived outside Gh before
Me: all my answers were in the negative
Co:where sec school did u complete
Me; I told him
Co; how old are u
Me:I told him
Co:how old were u when u completed Sec school......... Infact I had to do some smaller maths but because of the pressure there I gave him a wrong answer
Co: Are u sure with ur answer
Me: boss infact am struggling with the calculation a little....... He smiled
co: what work do u do
Me: am a police officer
Co:Congratulations ur visa has been approved.U have to go to the DHL office the next two weeks for collection. I was then given a blue sheet which states the address and other particulars of DHL.My brothers who are yet to go,they don't intend to fail anyone I think. They only ask questions the ds260 asked that we filled and They smil a lot so have to smile back,the tension should not stop u from smiling. That's all for now any questions can be asked.Good luck
Congrats sir

I'm still in Ghana, now that my resignation from the service is going through the process . I hope by second week in May I should leave Ghana with my family. We plan to reside at Colorado for beginning .

Hi, can you provide some more details as to when you completed shs? If you completed over a year ago, then it's likely your results slip will NOT be accepted as proof of your shs attendance. Even so you still should get an official testimonial letter from your high school.
Thanks

Meaning the results u generated from the computer not the one u took from ur school right? U can since it's not ready and u explain to them but I think it does not take that much time to get the certificate from ur school after the results are out so u can check from ur school to release u from tensions that amounts due too much explanations to be made
Meaning the results u generated from the computer not the one u took from ur school right? U can since it's not ready and u explain to them but I think it does not take that much time to get the certificate from ur school after the results are out so u can check from ur school to release u from tensions that amounts due too much explanations to be made
Thanks

Sorry I haven't reached out afterwards. It has been God. If you do not believe in him, this process will. Praise Jehovah. I have my visa now and I'm leaving Monday.

Fortunately, I've been under the tutorage of God enough to know he doesn't favour only the religious. His favour, mercies and grace extends to everybody according to His purpose in their lives. Even including you Sussie. I am a living testimony. Have a reflection and you'll appreciate God.

Fortunately, I've been under the tutorage of God enough to know he doesn't favour only the religious. His favour, mercies and grace extends to everybody according to His purpose in their lives. Even including you Sussie. I am a living testimony. Have a reflection and you'll appreciate God.

Please, let's keep religious opinion out of the forum. This latest post has nothing to do with the topic of the forum.

What Simon said. Find another forum if want to preach; if you want to help people get visas, stay here but please be ...helpful. The only reason I responded initially was to make sure others understood you don't need to pray or have faith to get a visa, indeed as we have seen there are many who pray and have faith who don't get visas. It's very simple: there is a list of criteria to meet. If they are met, you get a visa. If they are not met, you don't get a visa. So when other forum members ask what to do get a visa, please don't answer with "God". It is neither accurate nor helpful. This forum is here to help people get visas. Solid advice is very welcome, especially from those who have been successful in places many often aren't. You are able to make a proper, positive contribution to help others, with concrete suggestions or advice. I'm sure you would like to do that?

Last edited:
My brother was given a blue shit and was written on it will call.
Admistrational processing was circle. How hopeful should he be.
He answered all questions, but lastly was ask how old was he wen he completed shs,out of tension he gave undefine answer like 23,22,he was den been told
: u were 22,am doubtful of your age, we will call you.
Then the blue sheet was handed over to him.
Am confused everything of his is genuine but tension.

hi,what does it mean when you get denied visa on INA 221(g) and after a week your ceac status still shows ADMINISTRATIVE PROGRESSING.

hi,what does it mean when you get denied visa on INA 221(g) and after a week your ceac status still shows ADMINISTRATIVE PROGRESSING.

Hi Caesarre,

Please see the answer below.

What does a visa denial under INA section 221(g) mean?

A visa denial under section 221(g) of the INA means that the consular officer did not have all of the information required to determine if you are eligible to receive a visa. This means you are not eligible for the visa now, but your case is pending further action for one of the following reasons:

• Your application is incomplete and/or further documentation is required - Applicants whose application forms or other documentation are incomplete are refused. If further documents are required to complete your case, you will be informed what is needed and how to provide it to the embassy or consulate. You will also be given a letter stating your application has been denied under 221(g) and listing which documents you need to provide.
  • Administrative processing - Further administrative processing of your application is required before a decision can be made regarding your eligibility for a visa. You will be given a letter stating this and next-step instructions after the administrative processing is complete.

I'm still in Ghana, now that my resignation from the service is going through the process . I hope by second week in May I should leave Ghana with my family. We plan to reside at Colorado for beginning .

Congratulations.. You'll love Colorado especially if you love outdoor stuff.. lots to do. It snows too up there. Welcome to the land of opportunities. If you have questions feel free to ask

Hello,I completed shs last 3years and i have my original certificate,do you mean i should get a testimonial?