VISA Information for Countries

And do I right understand - from Frankfurt to Amsterdam, from Amsterdam to Milan, from Milan to Paris - you were flying on the plane?

Yes. Same as flying from Denver to Chicago to Atlanta to Boston to DC.
technically Frankfurt to Amsterdam is perfectly legal since neither country requires a visa for RTD.

Hi,

I got my asylum approval more than 4 month ago and i have applied for my Travel document since 3 month ago (i am waiting too). i have plan to travel to Taiwan but unfortunately i have a problem. if i want to apply for Taiwan visa with Travel document i need to green card but i have not, because i can apply more than 7 month later. I would like to know is it possible for me to apply with my old passport for Taiwan Visa and use my travel document as reentry permission? is is possible or no? because i do not want to comeback to my country and they do not accept Travel document without green card. i need to official data because i do not like to make problem for myself.

Thanks and sorry for my awful writing.

Hello!
I have to go to Portugal and Holland at the end of the year. I am an asylee and a GC holder. My RTD expired last week. I know I need to renew it, but do I need visas on my RTD to go to these countries?
Thank you!

Portugal, yes. Holland, no.

Some RTD holders sneak into Portugal from Holland (no regular passport controls), but of course, this would be at your own risk (of being fined/deported).

Thailand,
I have a plan to visit spend my vacation in Thailand. Can I travel without Visa??? I do have a US travel document, but donot have a green card....please help me...any suggestion

I am despreadly in need of information. I am holding RTD, and valid green card.
Also i need to travel to Philippines to marry my girlfriend of 8 years. When i called several visa agencies they dont me i dont need a visa, and also when i called the Embassy they said it will take long time for visa to process..
I cant find any information what i can do. How to get visa, who to talk to , i am completely blunt, please someone help me.

I think Thailand requires a visa, but contact the mission to find out clearly. You'll probably need one for the Philippines as well. I've never applied for one from either country, so hopefully someone on this forum who has can weigh in. If not, your only option is to contact the missions directly, or go ahead and apply.

This is unconfirmed but may be able to add some places in China to the list. Travelers going to Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, and Guangdong can enter without a visa provided they have a ticket out to a third country. Max stay is 144 hrs and cannot travel out of the entry region. Many countries on the list. I am unsure if it's based on citizenship or country issuing the traveling document. Have emailed the Chinese embassy in the US to find out if this applies to stateless persons with RTD like myself, no reply yet. Will update once they reply.

There is also a 72 hr visa free entry to some additional places in China.

FYI, I did travel to China with RTD, visa was easy to get.

Traveled to Germany in January with RTD + GC , no problem.
Then Germany - Hungary , no problem.
Hungary - Germany, no problem.
Germany - Iceland (layover) , no problem
Iceland - US , again no problem.
While I was in Europe , Icelandic embassy in Germany , however , confirmed I didn't need a visa to go to Iceland since I was already in the Schengen area.

kukumjacka, you are not stateless. That's a different status to being an asylee (you are an asylee, right?). You are still considered a citizen of wherever until you renounce it, or lose it involuntarily.

busydoingnothin: good you checked with the Icelandic embassy, because technically your visa exemption only applied to Germany for this trip, because I don't think Hungary exempts RTD/RP holders any more, and I am surprised Iceland said the same thing. Because, police in countries without bilateral agreements might give you trouble. There are no routine checks within Schengen, but there are spot checks, and there are now routine checks along some borders for now.

kukumjacka, you are not stateless. That's a different status to being an asylee (you are an asylee, right?). You are still considered a citizen of wherever until you renounce it, or lose it involuntarily.

busydoingnothin: good you checked with the Icelandic embassy, because technically your visa exemption only applied to Germany for this trip, because I don't think Hungary exempts RTD/RP holders any more, and I am surprised Iceland said the same thing. Because, police in countries without bilateral agreements might give you trouble. There are no routine checks within Schengen, but there are spot checks, and there are now routine checks along some borders for now.

Based on the information on Hungarian embassy website , RTD holders are visa exempt.

Oh, still? Good to know.

Yeah, otherwise I wouldn't have gone. The last thing I'd want to do is to break the law. I had copies from both German and Hungarian embassies stating RTD holders are visa exempt. Flying from NYC to Germany with Singapore Airlines, however , was tricky. Since Singapore doesn't accept RTD, lady at the counter was puzzled when she saw my document and asked for a visa . I showed her the print out from the German embassy website and she went to check with someone, came back and printed out the ticket. I literally was ready for my trip to be canceled.