• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

No, just the copies and the originals as per the checklist they would have emailed you. I really wish I knew beforehand how straightforward the interview would be, and that I didn't need that sleepless night in Sydney! They really just check over your paperwork and ask a few basic questions and that's it. The guy just asked my husband and I if we were married previously and if we had any kids, and that's pretty much it. Nothing about what we were planning to work as over there (although I heard others asked this one). If your paperwork's all collected then you should be fine.
Thank you, that doesn't sound so bad! I appreciate the reassurance. :)

Hey all!

Just a quick question RE the email about the 2NL. Could someone please tell me the actually sender name on the email? My email has been crazy lately; it keeps sending a whole heap of non-spam emails to my junk folder. I just want to know the sender name so I can periodically search my spam folder and inbox just in case it gets filtered to spam.

Hey all!

Just a quick question RE the email about the 2NL. Could someone please tell me the actually sender name on the email? My email has been crazy lately; it keeps sending a whole heap of non-spam emails to my junk folder. I just want to know the sender name so I can periodically search my spam folder and inbox just in case it gets filtered to spam.

It comes from 'noreply@state.gov' and the subject line is 'Required Entry Status Check for DV Submission'

There's also nothing to stop you checking the website yourself to see if the 2NL is there.

I have been doing this up until now :) But I just wanted to get the details of the email because it's much easier to search emails from my phone rather than accessing the website (I'm running around all the time and not near a computer daily!).

Hey all!

I also got an email from Sydney DO NOT REPLY Consulate (after I got the 2NL email from the noreply@state.gov email address). That email was from DoNotReply_syd@state.gov and was confirming my attendance at my interview. I didn't know we would get that email, so I had to hunt around to make sure it was legit (thankfully it was). Just a heads up for that one too. :)

This is slightly off topic, but are there any Kiwis on here who have obtained working visas in the US in recent years? My boyfriend and I are trying to get some info on what his options are in terms of visas (he's a NZ citizen) and I'm finding it pretty difficult to find comprehensive information - it all seems relatively generic. I know that the E3 visa is Aussie only; does NZ have anything similar??

Feel free to message me if you can assist so that the topic doesn't take over the forum! :) Thanks in advance! :)

I'm approved! The interview was really straightforward just like I was told. I was beginning to get nervous an hour before but once I arrived everyone was friendly and everything was clearly marked. It would be difficult to put a foot wrong if you've read all the paperwork. There were two other winners who were interviewed loudly so I was grateful that I was called to the enclosed counter at the end. After rehearsing answers in my head all morning the only question I was asked was my highest level of education.

The whole experience took 35 minutes, I really didn't expect it to be so painless. I've been through something similar at the Japanese consulate and it was a nightmare in comparison. Good luck to everyone still awaiting their interviews! :)

I'm approved! The interview was really straightforward just like I was told. I was beginning to get nervous an hour before but once I arrived everyone was friendly and everything was clearly marked. It would be difficult to put a foot wrong if you've read all the paperwork. There were two other winners who were interviewed loudly so I was grateful that I was called to the enclosed counter at the end. After rehearsing answers in my head all morning the only question I was asked was my highest level of education.

The whole experience took 35 minutes, I really didn't expect it to be so painless. I've been through something similar at the Japanese consulate and it was a nightmare in comparison. Good luck to everyone still awaiting their interviews! :)

CONGRATULATIONS! :D

Hi Littlechia.

Congrats on your selection and best of luck in your journey to the U.S.

Congratulations

Yay for Tuesdays!

All of us build the interview up to be a momentous occasion but, in Sydney at any rate, it's very straightforward.

So my number is now current (a few others on this forum must be, too, there were a few of us in the 700s) and I'm wondering what my chances are for a March interview. Just checked my old posts, and I didn't resubmit my DS260 until late August. As much as I'd like to get the interview sooner rather than later, I also have an overseas trip in March (whoops, forgot about keeping my Tuesdays free!), so I wouldn't mind waiting until April :p

So my number is now current (a few others on this forum must be, too, there were a few of us in the 700s) and I'm wondering what my chances are for a March interview. Just checked my old posts, and I didn't resubmit my DS260 until late August. As much as I'd like to get the interview sooner rather than later, I also have an overseas trip in March (whoops, forgot about keeping my Tuesdays free!), so I wouldn't mind waiting until April :p

March is pretty likely.

I'm current too - in the 600s. I submitted in late May, unlocked, and then resubmitted in September/October. I'm really interested to see if the delay in resubmitting will change when I am scheduled. I'm working around Feb/March just in case, but would also be fine with a later date. I'll keep you all posted. I know there are mixed opinions about how unlocking influences things! :)

I'm just going through the checklist, and it's just occurred to me that I may be required to provide a name change certificate. My parents completely changed my name just before my 1st birthday. It's listed on my Birth Certificate reprint, and I've never had to provide a certificate of the name change before, but naturally, I'm being extra cautious about this process! Should I try to get a Name Change certificate, do you think?? Or am I overthinking this?! Haha!