• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Hi,

Is it possible to start looking for job or do we have to be in US then begin search. We are flying first week of december.

Thanks

You can look, but it's only a handful of people who manage to get offers without face to face interviews, especially if you don't already have a green card.

You can start looking but it's tricky unless you can get a transfer and/or have good networks that can line you up something.

It's much easier once you are there, have a US address, have a US phone number and can attend interviews.

Thank you so much EmilyW and Sm1smom.

Can people who had or are getting ready for medical and interview in London please share their experience. I noticed medical went up from £250 last year to £290 :( + all required vaccinations.
You'll have more luck finding other people's experiences if you check out the EU regions threads, as people interviewing and doing their medicals for OC in London and also posting here is a very specific set of circumstances.

Hi,

Is it possible to start looking for job or do we have to be in US then begin search. We are flying first week of december.

Thanks
Maybe consider contacting a few recruitment companies prior to leaving so you can set up some conversations for when you arrive. My friend in NYC said it's a bit different there than in Australia. They don't close hiring activities in large cities for as long as we do. He arrived in Melbourne one November and noticed that from about November to Feb we don't do a lot of hiring, which shocked him as it's not true in NYC.

Maybe consider contacting a few recruitment companies prior to leaving so you can set up some conversations for when you arrive. My friend in NYC said it's a bit different there than in Australia. They don't close hiring activities in large cities for as long as we do. He arrived in Melbourne one November and noticed that from about November to Feb we don't do a lot of hiring, which shocked him as it's not true in NYC.
Ha ha

I have my interview on Tuesday at 9.15am. I have all of my documents ready, I unfortunately only found this forum after I sent off for my police certificate, so I ticked 35 instead of 33 because 33 made it sound like an application going to Australian immigration and not for foreign immigration... perhaps the Sydney consulate should be more specific on their pdf advising what documents you will require... but anyway, nothing can be done about it now and I'm just hoping it'll be satisfactory... I have my group certificate and tax document showing details around 30% of property I own with my parents so hopefully this will be enough to demonstrate no public charge if asked. My husband has like $13,000 so we should be okay... I'm wearing a smart dress and have made my husband pack dress slacks so we look serious about the process at the interview.

Many have gotte through with the 35 check so you should be fine.

As for dress, we've had people in shorts get through and people in suits get through. The Sydney consulate is pretty relaxed.

Good luck!

Hello all,

I am shortlisted in the 2017 category.

I still have not received an interview date yet?

When do you think they will contact me?

Thanks

My canse number is 2017OC000001XX.

A colleague just informed me the he knows someone with the number 120 already interviewed and packing to go. I fall under Oceania.

Last edited by a moderator:
Approved!!

Woo hoo.. now we just need our baby to arrive on time so that we can actually have a holiday as part of our activation trip.
Thank you for all your help on here. Wouldn't have been as easy if it wasn't for you guys.
Looking forward to reading more success stories and peoples journeys..

It takes 2-3 months for them to process the DS260. So your application won't be processed until at least December, after which they will schedule your interview. I'm guessing you will interview early next year.

Hey Emily, Thank you so much for your reply. Been worried so much as yo why i have not heard anything from them

Feeling positive now.

P
My canse number is 2017OC000001**.

A colleague just informed me the he knows someone with the number 120 already interviewed and packing to go. I fall under Oceania.
Please change your comment to have stars for your last two case number digits. There's fraudsters out there that may want to know this number.