• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

hi all,

My wifes greencard arrived today but the card says "resident since 05/29/2015" although her AOS was approved 05/29/2016 is this considered an error or should i just let it be? all other info is correct and do I need to return the card for correction?
How could I make the correction?

hi all,

My wifes greencard arrived today but the card says "resident since 05/29/2015" although her AOS was approved 05/29/2016 is this considered an error or should i just let it be? all other info is correct and do I need to return the card for correction?
The "Resident since" date should be the date your AOS was approved. Isn't that the case?

No that is not the case it is one year earlier I believe it's typo
How could I fix it
Oh sorry. I miss that detail. It is a typo.
If I were you I would apply for a replacement to avoid potential problems in the future. Obviously it's a USCIS error and you won't need to pay for anything. Sorry for the extra work you need to deal with. Hope it gets resolved soon.

As far as I know there are two ways to do it: either filing form I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card) or filing out an e-request online https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayTypoForm.do

hi all,

That's a USCIS error, you need to contact them. Also go through the following link for information on how to apply for a replacement card:

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/replace-green-card

Hi Mom,

Where can I get the average processing time for AOS per state or at least Texas please?
It has been more than 3 months since the bio appointment and I still haven't received anything.... I am concerned... :S

Thanks for your insight,
Jerome

Hi Mom,

Where can I get the average processing time for AOS per state or at least Texas please?
It has been more than 3 months since the bio appointment and I still haven't received anything.... I am concerned... :S

Thanks for your insight,
Jerome

The USCIS average processing time is not applicable to DV based cases. However, if you check the Timeline spreadsheets we've put together over the years (links to them can be found on the AOS process spreadsheet, which is linked to the first post on page one of this Thread) you may be able to find past cases from your FO for comparison.

The USCIS average processing time is not applicable to DV based cases. However, if you check the Timeline spreadsheets we've put together over the years (links to them can be found on the AOS process spreadsheet, which is linked to the first post on page one of this Thread) you may be able to find past cases from your FO for comparison.

Yes I did check the timeline and that is why I am concerned! :((((
It should not take that long. I called them and they should call me back but I have to be smart on what I am asking for, otherwise I will have an empty answer as usual... it is in the processing time please reach out later and raise a ticket online... If you have any tricks, please let me know.

cheers

Yes I did check the timeline and that is why I am concerned! :((((
It should not take that long. I called them and they should call me back but I have to be smart on what I am asking for, otherwise I will have an empty answer as usual... it is in the processing time please reach out later and raise a ticket online... If you have any tricks, please let me know.

cheers

So schedule an INFOPASS visit to your FO.

So schedule an INFOPASS visit to your FO.

Visits haven't been very successful so far. Thus I rather called and explained my case. I have a job offer but they need to make sure I have the GC before moving forward... Hopefully they will expedite my case...
Do you believe that a visit would help in anyways?

Visits haven't been very successful so far. Thus I rather called and explained my case. I have a job offer but they need to make sure I have the GC before moving forward... Hopefully they will expedite my case...
Do you believe that a visit would help in anyways?

How many INFOPASS visits have you gone on? When and when? Calls will mostly get you no where, as the call center reps mostly respond with scripted answers.

How many INFOPASS visits have you gone on? When and when? Calls will mostly get you no where, as the call center reps mostly respond with scripted answers.

I did a few visits for an EAD request previously last year in Puerto Rico, Columbus, Dallas but the answer is the same as over the phone. I now call and ask to be transferred to an agent. No much successful tho.
I am keen to go on site again if needed. I will set up an appointment then. Thanks to you Mom! :)

I did a few visits for an EAD request previously last year in Puerto Rico, Columbus, Dallas but the answer is the same as over the phone. I now call and ask to be transferred to an agent. No much successful tho.
I am keen to go on site again if needed. I will set up an appointment then. Thanks to you Mom! :)

Oh common! You've not gone on an INFOPASS regarding the DV based AOS petition and you already concluded its useless based on previous visits regarding an EAD petition. You do realize the EAD petition isn't as time sensitive as the AOS petition?

Just as a FYI: an INFOPASS visit regarding a DV based AOS may sometimes on the surface appear unfruitful, the truth is it actually helps bring an otherwise fallen through the crack case get brought back to their attention.

Oh common! You've not gone on an INFOPASS regarding the DV based AOS petition and you already concluded its useless based on previous visits regarding an EAD petition. You do realize the EAD petition isn't as time sensitive as the AOS petition?

Just as a FYI: an INFOPASS visit regarding a DV based AOS may sometimes on the surface appear unfruitful, the truth is it actually helps bring an otherwise fallen through the crack case get brought back to their attention.

Hey Mom, thanks for the advice.
I walked in the nearest USCIS office this morning.
They told me that my case is in the security check process right now.
The agent will send an email to the National processing center and they will reply within the next 15days. Let's see...

Hey Mom, thanks for the advice.
I walked in the nearest USCIS office this morning.
They told me that my case is in the security check process right now.
The agent will send an email to the National processing center and they will reply within the next 15days. Let's see...

The "nearest USCIS office" you walked into, is that your assigned FO or an ASC office?

The "nearest USCIS office" you walked into, is that your assigned FO or an ASC office?
Humm not sure. what is FO and what is ASC. I went to Lawrence MA USCIS office 2 Mill St, Lawrence, MA 01840.
I basically live in Dallas Texas but work in Boston MA that is why I went to this office in Massachusset but I believe the assigned office should be Dallas.
Would that make a difference? My file seems to be in the National Center in Missouri. Let me know if I should go to the Dallas USCIS.

Thanks

Humm not sure. what is FO and what is ASC. I went to Lawrence MA USCIS office 2 Mill St, Lawrence, MA 01840.
I basically live in Dallas Texas but work in Boston MA that is why I went to this office in Massachusset but I believe the assigned office should be Dallas.
Would that make a difference? My file seems to be in the National Center in Missouri. Let me know if I should go to the Dallas USCIS.

Thanks

The place you visited is an ASC (Application Support Center). They don't quite have access to your full file, they're not your assigned FO (Field Office) responsible for assigning/scheduling and carrying out your interview.

Your file cannot be at the NVC in Missouri, it's got to be at your assigned FO by now. Your assigned FO is based on the listed home address on your I-485. There's a section on the AOS spreadsheet with guidance on finding one's assigned FO. Your FO is where you need to go, if you want things to start moving, or you can wait and let things take their natural course.

Hi All,
Special thanks to @Sm1smom , @Britsimon
I just came from an Interview. It was quick and easy interview was last only for 5 mints. Go through all I-485 question. He said everything looks perfect but at the end he gave me the white paper and he checked mark at first box which said my case is held for review and he said he has to request a visa Packet. Also he said once he get he will approved my case. I did not understand what is visa packet which he has to request ?? Any idea how long will take to get the visa packet? Any advice please.

Thank you.

The place you visited is an ASC (Application Support Center). They don't quite have access to your full file, they're not your assigned FO (Field Office) responsible for assigning/scheduling and carrying out your interview.

Your file cannot be at the NVC in Missouri, it's got to be at your assigned FO by now. Your assigned FO is based on the listed home address on your I-485. There's a section on the AOS spreadsheet with guidance on finding one's assigned FO. Your FO is where you need to go, if you want things to start moving, or you can wait and let things take their natural course.

Ok thanks for letting me know... Then I will have to do it again I guess... :(

Hi All,
Special thanks to @Sm1smom , @Britsimon
I just came from an Interview. It was quick and easy interview was last only for 5 mints. Go through all I-485 question. He said everything looks perfect but at the end he gave me the white paper and he checked mark at first box which said my case is held for review and he said he has to request a visa Packet. Also he said once he get he will approved my case. I did not understand what is visa packet which he has to request ?? Any idea how long will take to get the visa packet? Any advice please.

Thank you.

P.A.T.I.E.N.C.E!