• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

a friend had six passes and had failed two elective subjects is he good to go.

The DV guideline for secondary school is if the qualification is good enough for college entry. "The diversity visa selectee must have completed a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education in the U.S. or a comparable course of study in another country, sufficient in itself to qualify a student to apply for college admission." (From https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html)

Although I don't see anything on the Ghana US embassy website specifically talking about the DV requirement, they do have a section that talks about what Ghanaian outcomes are required for college entry:
"The minimum university standard for admission to post-secondary education is a ‘C-’ average on the SSSCE or WASSCE, with credits (A-D or A1-C6) in all subjects. U.S. universities should not admit Ghanaian students who have not attained at least this level. Students are expected to retake exams in subjects they have failed. " (from http://ghana.usembassy.gov/mobile//education-of-ghana.html)
I don't know the system although it sounds to me like your friend may not have met this - maybe I misunderstand, or maybe the failed electives are not necessary as part of the requirements - so as Sammy says he can take a chance but not be too surprised if he is denied.

The DV guideline for secondary school is if the qualification is good enough for college entry. "The diversity visa selectee must have completed a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education in the U.S. or a comparable course of study in another country, sufficient in itself to qualify a student to apply for college admission." (From https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html)

Although I don't see anything on the Ghana US embassy website specifically talking about the DV requirement, they do have a section that talks about what Ghanaian outcomes are required for college entry:
"The minimum university standard for admission to post-secondary education is a ‘C-’ average on the SSSCE or WASSCE, with credits (A-D or A1-C6) in all subjects. U.S. universities should not admit Ghanaian students who have not attained at least this level. Students are expected to retake exams in subjects they have failed. " (from http://ghana.usembassy.gov/mobile//education-of-ghana.html)
I don't know the system although it sounds to me like your friend may not have met this - maybe I misunderstand, or maybe the failed electives are not necessary as part of the requirements - so as Sammy says he can take a chance but not be too surprised if he is denied.
@SussieQQQ, Ur understanding of the system is Perfectly so.

pls how many passes should one attain in order to b grant a visa in d dv lottery. because dat s nt mention in the link provided

pls how many passes should one attain in order to b grant a visa in d dv lottery. because dat s nt mention in the link provided

Surely "credits in all subjects" means pass in all subjects? Presumably that is why they say "Students are expected to retake exams in subjects they have failed."

You are right there is no specific DV requirement clarified. But the general DV requirement is that the high school achievement is good enough for college entry.

In Ghana, to be able to make it to the university, you should be able to get A1-C6 in Wassce, A-D in SSCE And A1 to D7 in Wassce for the Technical University (Polytechnic).

The US embassy here in Ghana are most likely to go by this.

please I want WAEC to send a confirmation of a result to the embassy. what are the procedure and what link will WAEC use.please I your help

Hi pals, am Form Ghana and won US lottery..
MY goal is to help you guys out through the documentation process as much as I can... ignore so called "agents", the process is just straight forward not anything that makes you panic, bla bla bla and stuffs...
You can also share your ideas and experience..

hi I'm from Ghana. I have been selected for the DV 2017. Have a few challenges here and there. Pls could you assist me. Thanks I advance

. I understand I have to submit as part of my documents my high school certificate, however the date of birth on the certificate (08/08/1988) differs from the date of birth (07/08/1988) I entered in during the application in 0ct 2015. The date of birth in my passport is 8/08/1988. I understand WAEC wont change the birth date. What can I do. I really need your help. What are my options. Tnx.

. I understand I have to submit as part of my documents my high school certificate, however the date of birth on the certificate (08/08/1988) differs from the date of birth (07/08/1988) I entered in during the application in 0ct 2015. The date of birth in my passport is 8/08/1988. I understand WAEC wont change the birth date. What can I do. I really need your help. What are my options. Tnx.

What is the date of birth on your original birth certificate? The DOB on your passport is mute, considering how easy it is for people (in some places) to get a passport with whatever information they decide to put on it.

Okay, wait a minute. You previously posted the following on a Thread you created:

hello.
I'm a DV 2017 selectee and new to the whole process. I understand I have to submit as part of my documents my high school certificate, however the date of birth on the certificate (15/08/1988) differs from the date of birth (07/08/1988) I entered in error during the application in 0ct 2015. I can get a new passport to make up for the error but for my high school certificate It can't be edited. What can I do. I really need your help.
thank you.

The DOB on your certificate has changed from 15/08/1988 to 08/08/1988?

Something isn't sounding right about your story or are you that prone to errors in listing dates?

I'm beginning to understand a bit more however about why differences in names and birth dates in Ghana on education documents matter more than other places, seeing as WAEC is basically a supranational organization vs the ease (as claimed by this poster as well as others) of being able to change Ghanaian issued documents such as passports to say what you want them to say.

I'm beginning to understand a bit more however about why differences in names and birth dates in Ghana on education documents matter more than other places, seeing as WAEC is basically a supranational organization vs the ease (as claimed by this poster as well as others) of being able to change Ghanaian issued documents such as passports to say what you want them to say.

Indeed. Makes sense why the COs are no longer cutting them any slack - which is unfortunate for those with genuine errors.

@SusieQQQ it sounds crazy but that's the truth in Ghana. There is very POOR record keeping by certain national agencies. Im a ghanaian and an IT inclined professional and sometimes this really saddens my heart. However I believe it will be gradually remedied with time, most of these agencies are now employing biometric technology

@SusieQQQ it sounds crazy but that's the truth in Ghana. There is very POOR record keeping by certain national agencies. Im a ghanaian and an IT inclined professional and sometimes this really saddens my heart. However I believe it will be gradually remedied with time, most of these agencies are now employing biometric technology

Well this helps explains why there is such a high refusal rate in Ghana...