NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

Hii Everyone
I am from India, I applied for a Student VISA at INZ Bombay branch on 29th july 2015, it got processed there for 2 months then was ent to IBP New zealand for processing where i was asked to various other details including INZ 1200 form on on Oct 19 . they also asked me to provide solid proof of my funding. meanwhile I left my job as a researcher at ISRO. I am still waiting for my VISA application status ans there is no reply from them its been 4 months already. I was supposed to visit Antarctica for mt research field trip on January and now i think it will get cancelled for an year. I am seen lot of people here facing the same issue. Please let me know what is teh time frame when i can expect the procesing to be done, cause it is really turning into a frustrating issue because i have suffer a huge set back for my VISA in my research work.
Hiii...Rajasweta,
Congrats for ur Phd offer .
Regarding your VISA application, It will get approved but may take another 2-3 months,so be ready to extend ur start date further. I'm waiting since june-04-2015:p. Actually in past, if you have any touch with DRDO, BARC or ISRO then ur process would be dragged long, in particular if u r a permanent employee of these organisation (heard from many of my friends and currently experiencing my self:(:p ). BTW, which ISRO center u were working as a researcher?

Hii Mac12345,
Did you get VISA officer allotted for ur application? For me IPB has initiated external verification/Third party verification on Nov-02-2015 and still it's going on.
No till now its awaiting visa officer allocation. I don't know when it will be done.. When u applied for Visa??

No till now its awaiting visa officer allocation. I don't know when it will be done.. When u applied for Visa??
Applied on June-04-2015, Visa officer allotted on Oct-02-2015, some additional document asked by visa officer submitted on Oct-08-2015,external verification initiated on Nov-02-2015 and still not completed:(:p....my start date was Nov-01-2015 which now got extended to Feb-01-2016 due to visa delay.

Applied on June-04-2015, Visa officer allotted on Oct-02-2015, some additional document asked by visa officer submitted on Oct-08-2015,external verification initiated on Nov-02-2015 and still not completed:(:p....my start date was Nov-01-2015 which now got extended to Feb-01-2016 due to visa delay.
I applied on 26 Oct...got mail 3 weeks back regarding additional documents. When I communicated regarding status they told still waiting for officer allocation. My joining is 1 Feb. Don't know what to do...

I applied on 26 Oct...got mail 3 weeks back regarding additional documents. When I communicated regarding status they told still waiting for officer allocation. My joining is 1 Feb. Don't know what to do...
Hi...
Don't worry...still you have bright chance to get ur visa approved somewhere in January, however, if it would not happen then easily you can extend your date of enrollment by requesting your project supervisor.

Hello All!

I have been offered a place in Phd in New Zealand.

I sent my application to VFS dubai on 26th Oct, 2015. On 19th, Nov, 2015, I was told that "an initial review of your application for a student visa to study in New Zealand. In order to complete an initial assessment on your application, we require the following additional information:..."

I sent all the docs on 22nd Nov, 2015. On 15th, Dec, 2015, I got email from IPB and they asked me for an additional document. The following note said: "Once this information has been received the application will go for a security check, this check can take a number of weeks, but is a mandatory requirement."

I want to know that how far am I in my process? Is security check the last step before grant of Visa?

Any help would be appreciated.

Your case is similar to mine. You have to wait for allocation of VISA officer that has not been assigned, after that external verification check will be initiated that may take another 8 weeks or so depending on level of verification.

Good luck with your VISA application we are in same condition. Keep me inform about an update.

Your case is similar to mine. You have to wait for allocation of VISA officer that has not been assigned, after that external verification check will be initiated that may take another 8 weeks or so depending on level of verification.

Good luck with your VISA application we are in same condition. Keep me inform about an update.

Did you also get the security check comment?

Not security check but external verification check. May be they are the same

I also got the external verification comment in their previous email but now after requesting one more additional document, they say that my application will go for security check after they receive requested information.

Do we get the email notifying that the visa officer has been allocated? because I have been receiving emails regarding additional documents from one of their Admin support officer. Is visa officer different from Admin support officer? Is there any system in place from where we can track our application status?

I also got the external verification comment in their previous email but now after requesting one more additional document, they say that my application will go for security check after they receive requested information.

Do we get the email notifying that the visa officer has been allocated? because I have been receiving emails regarding additional documents from one of their Admin support officer. Is visa officer different from Admin support officer? Is there any system in place from where we can track our application status?
Both are different entities and you need to wait for VISA officer allocation. I think Support officers only review your application and suggest to submit additional document. For tracking you need to email them regarding the same and they may be able to assist. Christmas is approaching so they will be closed from 24dec to 4 jan. I guess so we need to wait.

Can you tell what all additional documents were demanded??

Both are different entities and you need to wait for VISA officer allocation. I think Support officers only review your application and suggest to submit additional document. For tracking you need to email them regarding the same and they may be able to assist. Christmas is approaching so they will be closed from 24dec to 4 jan. I guess so we need to wait.

Can you tell what all additional documents were demanded??

Thats strange. Support officer first asked me for my employment, education records etc and after 20 days he requested another additional document (name of my MS supervisor and evidence related to it). In between, upon my request, he also acknowledged that he has received my documents.

Thing that confuses me is that in his first correspondence, he said that after submission of requested documents, my application will be allocated for initial assessment and then external checks would be performed. Now he says that after I submit that name of my MS supervisor and evidence related to it, my application will go for security check which is mandatory.

Thats strange. Support officer first asked me for my employment, education records etc and after 20 days he requested another additional document (name of my MS supervisor and evidence related to it). In between, upon my request, he also acknowledged that he has received my documents.

Thing that confuses me is that in his first correspondence, he said that after submission of requested documents, my application will be allocated for initial assessment and then external checks would be performed. Now he says that after I submit that name of my MS supervisor and evidence related to it, my application will go for security check which is mandatory.

I am not quite sure. Its really confusing. You can just put an email to them and they will respond in 24 to 48 hours positively. Better to email now as office will be closed from 25.

If security check is initiated that will be good for you.

I am not quite sure. Its really confusing. You can just put an email to them and they will respond in 24 to 48 hours positively. Better to email now as office will be closed from 25.

If security check is initiated that will be good for you.

Thanks for your comments. I have already sent an email asking him status of my application. He seems to be quick as he acknowledged me the receiving of requested document almost on the same day.

Thanks for your comments. I have already sent an email asking him status of my application. He seems to be quick as he acknowledged me the receiving of requested document almost on the same day.
Hope you get your application processed early. Keep informing if you get some update.

Hiii...Rajasweta,
Congrats for ur Phd offer .
Regarding your VISA application, It will get approved but may take another 2-3 months,so be ready to extend ur start date further. I'm waiting since june-04-2015:p. Actually in past, if you have any touch with DRDO, BARC or ISRO then ur process would be dragged long, in particular if u r a permanent employee of these organisation (heard from many of my friends and currently experiencing my self:(:p ). BTW, which ISRO center u were working as a researcher?

Hii
I was working at Indian Institute of Remote Sensing , ISRO dehradun as a researcher,,what about you.. which college are you attending. I got last update on Dec 15 that my third party check is initiated and it will take time. Do you have any Idea how long they take to complete the check and issuing a VISA.I already lost my field trip this season and now I am really not thinking much about it.. its so time taking and frsutrating. I hope you get your visa soon

hii
I had a initial verification now given for third party v verification, i guess that's external check, in my application I wasn't given any update regarding the case officer assigned rather my application details are being asked my admin people. I till now didn't have any contact with the case officer .If you get any update so post me up as well..