• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV lottery winners who are married meet here

We have a legal document that proves our marriage and photo of our engagement party but is the phone number and the email log really necessary?if they ask we can show them the texts we send for each other...

We have a legal document that proves our marriage and photo of our engagement party but is the phone number and the email log really necessary?if they ask we can show them the texts we send for each other...

Like Susie already answered the legal document alone will not be enough considering you guys got married after your boyfriend got selected. Apart from the engagement photos, do you have photos of the actual wedding itself showing friends and family members in attendance? Do you have photos of when you guys were dating? Copies of receipts for expenses incurred for the marriage? Wedding invitation card?

There's no limit to what they might ask for. The onus is on you both to prove your marriage is genuine by gathering as much evidence as you can gather ahead of time.

Hi I am waiting my appointment at the us embassy...I am not a winner but my boyfriend is and after he won the lottery we got married because we did not want to live separete...there is a littel problem we met after his entery for DV lottery so my question is that will this be a problem,won't they get suspicious that I married him only for the DV?...I am really worried so I would apreciate if some one gives me any suggestions...thank you
Yes, they will definitely be suspicious that this is a green card marriage. You will need to take lots of evidence to show that it is a genuine relationship. Things like phone and email logs, engagement party photos if you had one (I know not everyone does), wedding photos showing lots of family members, you and he on vacation together, you and he with each other's family - that sort of thing. If all you have is a legal marriage document and no real evidence that you two have a proper life and romantic relationship, then chances of denial are probably quite high.

In addition to what Susie said, describing him as your boyfriend is pretty much a slam dunk.

Pls suppose my wife is been interview and she is not good in anwsering the questions can i plead on behalf of her to answer by myself.

Pls suppose my wife is been interview and she is not good in anwsering the questions can i plead on behalf of her to answer by myself.

If your wife is the main selectee, most of the questions may be directed at her. If the CO wants you to answer any particular question, the question will be directed at you.

Pls i will like to know the documents married couples present at the interview(dvlottery).thanks

Link to the required documents can be found on the 1NL (the main selectee letter). Click on the link to see the required documents.

What exactly is it you are worried about that she will be not good at answering? If it's language, she will be able to answer in the local language. Apart from that, if there are any questions asked, it will be ones that are pretty simple and she just needs to tell the truth. There are no "trick" questions and nothing to worry about.

Is it possible for married couples to win than a single applicant
Pls can i know the percentage of a married couples have in EDv win
Is it possible for married couples to win Edv

Please. Post once and wait.

The lottery draw is random. No criteria are used to pick the winners. So a married person has exactly the same chance as a single person in the same region (and sometimes same region/country). A married couple have an advantage of course if both enter and are qualified since when one of them wins - both will get processed.

As for the percentage question - it's pointless to answer that because of what I just explained.

I'm not even sure why he's asking these back to back questions regarding % since his wife has already 'won the dvlottery 2017'