NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

Hi Friends,
Best of luck to all friends, who have received visa for NZ and best wishes for those too who are waiting.

I had a question regarding visa endorsement. I had to ask when a visa will be granted, how or where it will be endorsed on the passport of grantee. Is he need to go UAE first to the VFS-NZ Dubai branch? or it will be endorsed in Pakistan through some associates.

And if it was Dubai where it was to be endorsed, then where to file application for UAE visa.
I am confused. I need your generous help.

I shall be waiting for your response.

Best Regards
Nizam

Hello All,
I have applied for NZ phd visa on march 25. I wanted to ask that in my case i went for e-medical. Will it help to make visa application faster.

The thing is that my supervisor is expecting me in June but i dont think i will be able to make that happen based on your valuable experiences for the same.

Regards,
Jay

Hello All,
I have applied for NZ phd visa on march 25. I wanted to ask that in my case i went for e-medical. Will it help to make visa application faster.

The thing is that my supervisor is expecting me in June but i dont think i will be able to make that happen based on your valuable experiences for the same.

Regards,
Jay

Hi dear Jay,
There is particularly no advantage of any sort, if your application is being forwarded to the Immigration Profiling Branch, NZ. You will need to wait for the standard documents verification. Else, your application will be processed in 25 Working days.

Hi all,

I'm from India and I've applied for PhD student visa in Dec 2014. When my application is sent to IPB (last week of Jan 2015) in NZ wellington they have asked for additional documents twice & returned my passport. I don't think I have anything left now to send them because they have taken everything ;).
It's June 2015 but no visa officer has been allotted to my application. Is there anyone like me who has applied in 2014 and still waiting for visa approval in mid 2015?
Every time they reply that "Your application is still under managed queue and will be forwarded to visa officer as soon as possible".

On another side, one of my friend applied for student visa for 1 year masters and he got his visa within 25 days. Visitor visa?, hardly takes 10 days for approval.
I'm very frustrated with this gap and waiting period.

Regards,
Rahul

Hi Rahul,

Actually PhD application when sent to IPB almost take 1 year.I applied in 2014 January and my application approved in January 2015 now I am in NZ :). PhD application they consider as immigration case that why long processing time.

Thanks,

Syed

Hello friends..
I am Ashu S. Kedia, from India.

I have been offered a place at University of Canterbury for Ph.D in Civil Engineering.
I have applied for my student VISA on 6th April, 2015.

My last date of enrollment is 1st October. Can I expect my student Visa before that??

Hi everyone,

I've got an offer for PhD at UoA by September 1st deadline

1. Applied for my VISA by July 17, 2015
2. Application was transferred from INZ Mumbai to IPB Wellington by July 23,2015
3. Application was received by IPB and engaged in the queue for visa officer allocation by Aug 6,2015
4. Got an email from Immigration officer stating the completion of Initial assessment and requested additional docs by Aug 17,2015

sent all the necessary documents and still waiting for a reply, guys kindly share your experience.

Hi Rahul,

Actually PhD application when sent to IPB almost take 1 year.I applied in 2014 January and my application approved in January 2015 now I am in NZ :). PhD application they consider as immigration case that why long processing time.

Thanks,

Syed

Dear Syed,

Thanks for the post and sharing your experience with me. I think my case is just like you and i need to wait until next year Jan because its already Aug now (8 months since i applied for my visa). Wish you all the very best for PhD.

Regards,
Rahul

Hello friends..

I have been offered a place at University of Canterbury for Ph.D in Civil Engineering.

My last date of enrollment is 1st October. Can I expect my student Visa before that??

Hi Ashu,

Congrats for the offer in University of Canterbury. Well, as per my experience for PhD student visa. It generally takes 6 to 12 months of processing period. I have seen PhD student visa applicants who has received their visa in 6 months but at present there are lot of applications in managed queue. I'm one of them who is waiting since Dec 2014 and still I didnt get my visa (its AUG 2015). I encourage you to have a chat with your supervisor and university for extension of your enrollment deadline.

Regards,
Rahul

Hi everyone,

I've got an offer for PhD at UoA by September 1st deadline

1. Applied for my VISA by July 17, 2015
2. Application was transferred from INZ Mumbai to IPB Wellington by July 23,2015
3. Application was received by IPB and engaged in the queue for visa officer allocation by Aug 6,2015
4. Got an email from Immigration officer stating the completion of Initial assessment and requested additional docs by Aug 17,2015

sent all the necessary documents and still waiting for a reply, guys kindly share your experience.

Hey Narrendar,

Average processing time is 6-12 months. I have submitted my additional docs in March,15 (first week) however i am still expecting visa officer allocation for my application in Aug 2015. As there are lot of pending applications with IPB, your application will be in managed queue like others for assessment and i believe that you need to wait at-least 6 months from now for any positive reply from IPB. If you didnt receive any reply from IPB regarding outcome until Nov 2015, then you need can expect their reply after Jan 10, 2016.

Regards,
Rahul

Hey Narrendar,

Average processing time is 6-12 months. I have submitted my additional docs in March,15 (first week) however i am still expecting visa officer allocation for my application in Aug 2015. As there are lot of pending applications with IPB, your application will be in managed queue like others for assessment and i believe that you need to wait at-least 6 months from now for any positive reply from IPB. If you didnt receive any reply from IPB regarding outcome until Nov 2015, then you need can expect their reply after Jan 10, 2016.

Regards,
Rahul

Dear Rahul,

Thanks for your reply, Actually how the hierarchy goes ? - will the immigration officer decide our visa or from immigration officer it will go to case/VISA officer for further appraisal..? Moreover IPB Wellington is very stringent in giving any responses to the email sent. Is there any way to track our application progress online.

Hi I got admission to study for PhD in chemical engineering at university of Canterbury with full scholarship. I applied for student visa on 11 aug (course starting on 1 Oct). My application was sent to IPB on 20 Aug, reached there on 27 Aug. I was allocated a Case officer on 8 sept. I got message from the immigration officer on 11 sept stating an initial assessment is completed and he requested for additional documents for further verification. I have sent all the documents and waiting for verification completion.

Hello friends..

Hi Ashu,
Congrats!
Any updates on your application?

Thanks

Hi all,
I have been offered a place at University of Canterbury for Ph.D in computer science (dept. of computer science and software engineering) and last date of enrollment is nov-01-2015. Applied for VISA on June-04-2015,which transferred to IPB on June-10-2015. Now, since then every time IPB is replying my mail with answer "application is in managed queue and waiting to allocate a case/visa officer":p. I was afraid due to situation of my visa application,but when I saw this forum;could understand that I'm not the only applicant suffering with delayed visa processing by IPB:(. However,case of @diadoran# application look bit different and faster.

Could you share what additional documents your visa officer asked you to provide @diadoran?

Hi Robomih,

Congrats on your admission.Here are the documents the immigration officer asked for

• A certified copy of your National Identity card
  • A certified copy of your National Identity booklet (birth certificate)
  • A copy of your PhD research proposal
  • Copies of your Masters academic transcripts
  • A copy of your Master degree thesis abstract and the name of your supervisor
  • Please provide employment certificates for all of your periods of employment
  • Please advise us what activities and plans you will pursue once you have completed your Doctorate degree i.e. What are your career plans?
  • A list of any other addresses, in any country, where you have lived in the past five years, including telephone numbers and email addresses
  • A copy of your Curriculum Vitae
  • A list of all scientific and academic publications that you have written or co-authored
Regards,

Dear Rahul,

Thanks for your reply, Actually how the hierarchy goes ? - will the immigration officer decide our visa or from immigration officer it will go to case/VISA officer for further appraisal..? Moreover IPB Wellington is very stringent in giving any responses to the email sent. Is there any way to track our application progress online.

Dear Narrendar,
Hierarchy is depend on the level of verification and number of documents submitted, its purely case-by-case basis. If your application is with IPB in wellington, then visa-officer/case-officer will be allocated to your application once you clear the managed queue. In my case, its been more than 8 months now, but no visa officer has been allocated. Moreover IPB doesn't revert your emails. In past few months i received the replies from them with same answers that its in managed queue you will be notified once process is completed. Yes you can track the status of your application online, using your passport number and data of birth. Go to ttsnzvisa website and go to section TrackDocument to track it. Sorry I am unable to post the links here due to restrictions on this website.

Regards,
Rahul

Hi Robomih,

Congrats on your admission.Here are the documents the immigration officer asked for

• A certified copy of your National Identity card
  • A certified copy of your National Identity booklet (birth certificate)
  • A copy of your PhD research proposal
  • Copies of your Masters academic transcripts
  • A copy of your Master degree thesis abstract and the name of your supervisor
  • Please provide employment certificates for all of your periods of employment
  • Please advise us what activities and plans you will pursue once you have completed your Doctorate degree i.e. What are your career plans?
  • A list of any other addresses, in any country, where you have lived in the past five years, including telephone numbers and email addresses
  • A copy of your Curriculum Vitae
  • A list of all scientific and academic publications that you have written or co-authored
Regards,
Hi Diadoran,
Thank you so much.
While making my VISA application,I've submitted almost all document listed by you. Didn't you submit all above listed document while making your application or IPB asked you to re-submit it?

Regards,