• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Thanks so much for that awesome spreadsheet, very much appreciated.

I put my daughter on my diversity visa application, just to be on the safe side. She was born here in the US, so is already a citizen. I assume I still have to fill out her DS260 as she's listed on the application?

Nope, you don't fill out a DS-260 form for her, nothing going forward.

Hi Sm1smom,

I am newbie in this forum and I have read through all the posts and comments. Thank you for your awesome spreadsheets, they are resourceful, great job. I have a quite unique situation I need to consult:

1. I am under OPT and got my H1B this year but I believe it will be effective in October. And I did include my spouse to be H4. Currently, my spouse is staying in US using grace period. She finished her study in December 2014 and her F2 visa is still pending up until now. She won the DV lottery and according to the instruction that I read, we are eligible to AOS in US (correct me if I am wrong). I remember when I filled application for H1B, there was a question if I ever submitted/applied for green card and obviously had never at the moment. And now, as my spouse got the lottery, we will definitely need to file i-485. Does this mean I will loose my H1B?

2. My wife case number is 2xxx, I believe it is pretty small number, can you guide me how to read the bulletin? I don't quite understand how to read that.

Thank you in advance Super Moderator.

Dear All

Good Day
this is my second year i am applying for the DV with no luck to have a chance to win.
anyone can advise with the way of selection i am marriage since 2010 with no children and have a computer degree with more than 15 years experience.
My residency in Amman - Jordan
date of birth 1975

Best Regards
Ahmad

Dear All

Good Day
this is my second year i am applying for the DV with no luck to have a chance to win.
anyone can advise with the way of selection i am marriage since 2010 with no children and have a computer degree with more than 15 years experience.
My residency in Amman - Jordan
date of birth 1975

Best Regards
Ahmad

Ahmad,

this lottery is simply based on luck, I have tried this lottery for more than 7 years. Good luck.

Hi,

Thanks for the moderators of this forum and those who created the spread-shit I have learn a lot of the process already.

I do have a couple of questions remaining though. This is my situation:
  • Work in San Francisco on a H1b, my wife works here too on F1/OPT. Her OPT finishes in November.
  • While she *seems* to not have succeeded with the H1B lottery, I have won the DV lottery with 2016EU00016XXX.
  • My employer submitted my perm on EB2 on March the 9th
I guess my main concern is for my wife to be able to work as soon as possible after Nov. Given the current PERM processing times (and assuming there is no audit), I should have that approved somewhere between September and December. On the other hand, my dv number is expected to become current around January.

1. If the perm is approved just a few months before the dv number is current. Which AOS is worth perusing DV or employment based?
  2. While I have no reason whatsoever to believe my job could be terminated. I am too settled down in SF too leave anything to chance. How easy would be to switch to CP if before the DV number is current I suddenly lose my job?
Thanks for your help
Hector

Hi,

Thanks for the moderators of this forum and those who created the spread-shit I have learn a lot of the process already.

• Work in San Francisco on a H1b, my wife works here too on F1/OPT. Her OPT finishes in November.
  • While she *seems* to not have succeeded with the H1B lottery, I have won the DV lottery with 2016EU00016XXX.
I guess my main concern is for my wife to be able to work as soon as possible after Nov. Given the current PERM processing times (and assuming there is no audit), I should have that approved somewhere between September and December. On the other hand, my dv number is expected to become current around January.

1. If the perm is approved just a few months before the dv number is current. Which AOS is worth perusing DV or employment based?
  2. While I have no reason whatsoever to believe my job could be terminated. I am too settled down in SF too leave anything to chance. How easy would be to switch to CP if before the DV number is current I suddenly lose my job?
Thanks for your help
Hector

@Sm1smom , you did create this spread-**** right :D:D:D

Just having some fun peeps, not undermining @HectorSF needs help!!

Hi Sm1smom,

I am newbie in this forum and I have read through all the posts and comments. Thank you for your awesome spreadsheets, they are resourceful, great job. I have a quite unique situation I need to consult:

1. I am under OPT and got my H1B this year but I believe it will be effective in October. And I did include my spouse to be H4. Currently, my spouse is staying in US using grace period. She finished her study in December 2014 and her F2 visa is still pending up until now. She won the DV lottery and according to the instruction that I read, we are eligible to AOS in US (correct me if I am wrong). I remember when I filled application for H1B, there was a question if I ever submitted/applied for green card and obviously had never at the moment. And now, as my spouse got the lottery, we will definitely need to file i-485. Does this mean I will loose my H1B?

2. My wife case number is 2xxx, I believe it is pretty small number, can you guide me how to read the bulletin? I don't quite understand how to read that.

Thank you in advance Super Moderator.

1. No you wouldn't loose your H1B

2. What's the region? AF, EU, OC? To understand the VB, there are 2 sections applicable to visa lottery - sections B and C. B deals with the current month and C is the advanced notification section, deals with the upcoming next month. You look under your applicable region and if your CN is less than the cut off number indicated on the VB, then you're considered current for the month it falls under.

Hi,

Thanks for your help
Hector

1. You can pursue both if your employer is willing to foot the bill for the work based AOS, (or even if you don't mind making the payment yourself). Nothing wrong with having two petitions in the system at the same time. The DV based petition is definitely faster over all because it's a time sensitive petition unlike a work or marriage based one which could drag on for years. Your call though, whether to stick with the DV one or pursue both.

2. You will need to contact KCC to request a switch, they will require some time to process your forms, carry out required background checks and schedule the interview with your applicable embassy - could take anywhere between 2-5 months to be scheduled, assuming your number is already current by the time you contact them to request the change.

Hello Everyone
My wife won the dv 2016 and we're excited about it. We have one problem, we get here Dec 2013 and we applied for Asylum Jan 2014. since we've been waiting for interview. The question is can we adjust status based on dv?

Hello Everyone
My wife won the dv 2016 and we're excited about it. We have one problem, we get here Dec 2013 and we applied for Asylum Jan 2014. since we've been waiting for interview. The question is can we adjust status based on dv?

Yes, you can.

1. No you wouldn't loose your H1B

2. What's the region? AF, EU, OC? To understand the VB, there are 2 sections applicable to visa lottery - sections B and C. B deals with the current month and C is the advanced notification section, deals with the upcoming next month. You look under your applicable region and if your CN is less than the cut off number indicated on the VB, then you're considered current for the month it falls under.

Thank you, now I understand how to read the bulletin.

Now I have another question:

So right now, USCIS will process my H1B and at the same time my wife and I will file i-485 to get our green cards, it kind of overlaping, will it be ok? And my spouse, her F2 is pending and she is also on progress of getting H4 and now she will file i-485, that situation is kind of overlapping among those process, I am afraid USCIS will confuse in that matter, will it be ok?

Thank you for your kind help.

Very informative forum. My wife won the DV 2016 Lottery. Her number is 2016AF000xxxxx. We are excited but confused. We don't really understand the steps involved by G4 immigrant status we have. We know we are eligible for AOS based on the information available. A few questions you can help with please.

1. Do we need to fill form DS 260? any deadlines - by
when?
2. Do we fill this form for all applicants, I mean children and spouse declared during initial application.
3. Can I (Spouse) wait until sometime in the future and file? How long?
4. After DR 260 what is next?

Thank you.

Thank you, now I understand how to read the bulletin.

Now I have another question:

So right now, USCIS will process my H1B and at the same time my wife and I will file i-485 to get our green cards, it kind of overlaping, will it be ok? And my spouse, her F2 is pending and she is also on progress of getting H4 and now she will file i-485, that situation is kind of overlapping among those process, I am afraid USCIS will confuse in that matter, will it be ok?

Thank you for your kind help.

I asked you a question before, what's your region? Also, you stated your wife graduated in December, when was the F2 COS filed?

Very informative forum. My wife won the DV 2016 Lottery. Her number is 2016AF000xxxxx. We are excited but confused. We don't really understand the steps involved by G4 immigrant status we have. We know we are eligible for AOS based on the information available. A few questions you can help with please.

1. Do we need to fill form DS 260? any deadlines - by
when?
2. Do we fill this form for all applicants, I mean children and spouse declared during initial application.
3. Can I (Spouse) wait until sometime in the future and file? How long?
4. After DR 260 what is next?

Thank you.

You need to reveal at least the first two digits after the last zero in your CN, what you've posted doesn't tell us anything.

1. Yes. No deadline per se, but the earlier the better once you've decided you want to pursue your DV selection and which process you want to go with.
2. Yes
3. Yes you can. It basically means your wife will have to sponsor you whenever you decide you're ready to switch, this option is more expensive and time consuming.
4. Read the AOS spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E&usp=drive_web#gid=5

For a G visa holder, you'll need to include form I-508 and I-566 with your I-485 package.

I asked you a question before, what's your region? Also, you stated your wife graduated in December, when was the F2 COS filed?

Sm1smom,

my wife is in Asia region. She filed her F2 in the beginning of January 2015 (don't remember the date). The USCIS did send her a notification that her application has been received but it is still pending up until now. It is kind of rare, typically it should be done within 2 months. And now her H4 should be on progress as well. Once we file our i-485 then it will again overlap the process. Will this be Ok?

Thank you.

Many thanks. It's 2016AF00034xxx. Where does place me for purposes of filing?

Assuming you're not from Egypt or Ethiopia, that number could possibly become current anywhere between April and June, which means filing can be done between February and April.