• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

They
thanx @Simon......hopeful mine will come early coz i paid 12days befor poe
Well:The earliest they start to count is from the POE,I can't tell what really delayed mine since I paid three days after POE,poe was 21 Nov payment 24 Nov green card received yesterday the 8th Jan 2015.My time I assumed is the longest.

Ukiwa ulikua kwa ndoa ukapata mtoto Kisha baada ya mda mkawachana Kisha ukapata mpenzi mwingine mkajaliwa na mtoto mapema Kisha mkafunga ndoa baadaye baadaye kulingana na matakwa na kanuni ya GC, mama wa mtoto wa kwanza hana tashwishi na angelipenda mtoto wake kwenda amerikani, je nitahitaji makaratasi yapi kwenye mkutano, kumbuka watoto hawa wana mama tofauti, Mie ndio nimekuwa naishi Naye ndoa ya kwanza ilivunjwa kihalali baada ya kuwa Ni matakwa inayostahili, hakuna yeyote anayopinga kwenda lakini je Ni stakabadhi yapi ntakayohitaji?

Ukiwa ulikua kwa ndoa ukapata mtoto Kisha baada ya mda mkawachana Kisha ukapata mpenzi mwingine mkajaliwa na mtoto mapema Kisha mkafunga ndoa baadaye baadaye kulingana na matakwa na kanuni ya GC, mama wa mtoto wa kwanza hana tashwishi na angelipenda mtoto wake kwenda amerikani, je nitahitaji makaratasi yapi kwenye mkutano, kumbuka watoto hawa wana mama tofauti, Mie ndio nimekuwa naishi Naye ndoa ya kwanza ilivunjwa kihalali baada ya kuwa Ni matakwa inayostahili, hakuna yeyote anayopinga kwenda lakini je Ni stakabadhi yapi ntakayohitaji?
please use English only ??

If in your first marriage you had a child n the mum is also willing to let the child move to the states incase you succeed n you recently divorced legally coz its a requirement but later on lets say in 2010 you got into another relation stayed for 2 years got another child did a traditional wedding before the child was born but just recently made it official n legal after officially divorcing your first wife, been staying with the child n though on holidays he spends some quality time with the mum too, put in mind the second born is older than the official marriage cert. Secondly eg if you got spelling mistakes in your school credentials lets say Mohammed, Muhammed, Muhamed though when filling your ds you kept them under aliases is it okay or you'll need more at your interview (affidavits) Regards

If in your first marriage you had a child n the mum is also willing to let the child move to the states incase you succeed n you recently divorced legally coz its a requirement but later on lets say in 2010 you got into another relation stayed for 2 years got another child did a traditional wedding before the child was born but just recently made it official n legal after officially divorcing your first wife, been staying with the child n though on holidays he spends some quality time with the mum too, put in mind the second born is older than the official marriage cert. Secondly eg if you got spelling mistakes in your school credentials lets say Mohammed, Muhammed, Muhamed though when filling your ds you kept them under aliases is it okay or you'll need more at your interview (affidavits) Regards
It's not clear what question you are asking about the children, but they should all be listed on your entry and DS260 whether or not you plan to take them. You can take both, but you may need to show permission from any parent not immigrating with you.

Did u include the 2kids in your DS260 form?

Question 1. Do I need to show I have custody of the child or can the mother do an affidavit to be accepting the same. 2 Doing a late put on paper divorce n a late Marriage affects or doesn't taking into consideration your second born is older than your official signing of your marriage certificate 3 Names such serah, Sarah, saara would just an affidavit do taking into consideration pics weren't placed on our documents back then?

Question 1. Do I need to show I have custody of the child or can the mother do an affidavit to be accepting the same. 2 Doing a late put on paper divorce n a late Marriage affects or doesn't taking into consideration your second born is older than your official signing of your marriage certificate 3 Names such serah, Sarah, saara would just an affidavit do taking into consideration pics weren't placed on our documents back then?

Children get born outside of official marriages all the time...I'm not sure why you even think this is an issue. Different consulates require different forms of custody or authorization so best you speak to them to see what they accept. Just to check: were both on your entry form as well as the DS260 ( assuming both were already born when you entered?)

I can't answer the names question. If the names are translated from say Arabic alphabet then there is often different english versions so I don't think it's a problem but can't say for sure.

I did include all my kids in the ds 260
Affidavits in most cases are acceptable worldwide and I encourage you to have them as your first line of defense (both for the custody and names correction) secondly most embassies have an idea of cultural marriages but are bound to follow the dye process- the marriage certificate, hence the time of actual marriage and officiating should not worry you.your case is similar to one I had always referred although in the case the mother did object the issuance of a visa which made the entire process to be put on administrative process but after she agreed, the father, the second wife, the two daughters each from different marriages were issued with visas.hope this settles your worries.you are so good in english your translation is awesome are you from tz?

Last edited:

The issue you should be concerned with IMO is the marriage date listed on your eDV application. My guess is you listed your current spouse on your eDV application, and it doesn't sound like you were legally divorced from your ex by then, you however finalized the divorce and recently obtained the divorce papers which enabled you to get a recent marriage certificate, correct? How do you plan on expanding that?

The issue you should be concerned with IMO is the marriage date listed on your eDV application. My guess is you listed your current spouse on your eDV application, and it doesn't sound like you were legally divorced from your ex by then, you however finalized the divorce and recently obtained the divorce papers which enabled you to get a recent marriage certificate, correct? How do you plan on expanding that?
Yes I did list my current spouse n mentioned the one divorced where I was asked. Yes I wasn't yet legally divorced but already had a two year old with my current spouse after the divorce I now legally married my current note my date of marriage on ds was the traditional one.

Yes I did list my current spouse n mentioned the one divorced where I was asked. Yes I wasn't yet legally divorced but already had a two year old with my current spouse after the divorce I now legally married my current note my date of marriage on ds was the traditional one.

Huh?

So on the initial DV entry you said you were divorced (although you were not actually divorced) OR you put your status as "married" to a new wife (whom you later married).

Nah you ain't getting we were divorced we just didn't put pen to paper sometimes that's the way it goes though we were friends talking but we were to legalize the divorce at some point put in mind she had moved to a far city coz of getting employment over there though ours was finished by that time
Huh?

So on the initial DV entry you said you were divorced (although you were not actually divorced) OR you put your status as "married" to a new wife (whom you later married).

Nah you ain't getting we were divorced we just didn't put pen to paper sometimes that's the way it goes though we were friends talking but we were to legalize the divorce at some point put in mind she had moved to a far city coz of getting employment over there though ours was finished by that time
Word divorce 2008 Started my next relationship 2009 got a child 2012 meanwhile been staying with my 1st born all along, my first wife had moved to a different town 2010 though we communicated n the child always has been with her on holidays, divorced legally on paper 2014 then married my current spouse, ds included all the children, current spouse n yes mentioned my first borns mums name where it was necessary

This is like pulling teeth. One last time.

If you entered that you were divorced on the initial eDV entry but do not have the paperwork to support that was your status at that time, you will be disqualified.
If you entered that you were married on the initial eDV entry but do not have the paperwork to support that was your status at that time, you will be disqualified.

Word divorce 2008 Started my next relationship 2009 got a child 2012 meanwhile been staying with my 1st born all along, my first wife had moved to a different town 2010 though we communicated n the child always has been with her on holidays, divorced legally on paper 2014 then married my current spouse, ds included all the children, current spouse n yes mentioned my first borns mums name where it was necessary

OK - this makes it clearer.

So - on your initial DV entry you should have listed your marital status as married, and your ex wife should have been listed as your wife. You should also have included her photo. If you did something other than that you will be disqualified.
You were required to list all your children on the initial entry. If you did not, you will be disqualified.

The US immigration system will only count what is "legally on paper" .

I am saying this bluntly so that you can avoid paying fees if you have made a mistake.

Huh?

I was already divorced just didn't have the legal paper to show that but we weren't having a relationship whatsoever except whenever she wanted to talk to the child or whenever the child was to visit her on holiday, meanwhile I was already in a relationship with a 3 year child with my current spouse, kindly understand in my initial dv entry it was my current wife n children all am asking is it necessary to h a v e custody of my first born documented yet the mother is very much willing for the child to head if successful? With kindness also note I filled about what has happened in my life with much honesty the ds 260 n my other initial application, twists of marriage very confusing