• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

I was thinking it is not a bad idea to try to get things started at my FO before attending my infopass appointment! @wreck_it_ralph you said you called Philly FO before. Do they offer customer services like this by phone? Second option would be calling my congress person to place an expedite request. I feel like I should keep the second option for later, in case I don't get a definite answer from my infopass. What do you guys think?
No, they don't even have an operator let alone customer service. You have to know the extension number of the person you are calling otherwise you talk to no one. I would wait for the info pass appt. Others may disagree.

Hey guys,

I just got a response for my FBI name check.
It says: We completed a name check request for USCIS on your name on 8/21/14. You will have to reach out to USCIS for the status of your application.
This means that the name check was completed 4 days before my interview but the IO still could not see the result in the system. I am going to call USCIS right now. Any comment is greatly appreciated!

how did you contact FBI to get the response back? email or phone? my sister contacted FBI once by phone and was told that she had to contact USCIS because it was USCIS who requested the background check

Can someone please explain bio letter to me, they stamp 2 things only bottom line had date and next to it had random signature, are they suppose to write some numbers on that stamp? They didn't write anything, I'm worried they didn't take biometrics properly because walkin, please confirm.

Can someone please explain bio letter to me, they stamp 2 things only bottom line had date and next to it had random signature, are they suppose to write some numbers on that stamp? They didn't write anything, I'm worried they didn't take biometrics properly because walkin, please confirm.
Please help me thanks

T

No worries. Just because you did a walk-in doesn't mean they can do it improperly.

You're gonna be fine.

Mom,

One more question for you. Along with the interview letter I was mailed a package where among other guidelines is a form on Affidavit of Support. I understand that may be just standard practice on their end, but in the remote case they bring up the Affidavit of Support form what should I do. I support myself since I'm on a working visa.

What is your advise on this.

P.S. - Freaking out about tomorrow...

Mom,

One more question for you. Along with the interview letter I was mailed a package where among other guidelines is a form on Affidavit of Support. I understand that may be just standard practice on their end, but in the remote case they bring up the Affidavit of Support form what should I do. I support myself since I'm on a working visa.

Since you are currently on an H1B I am sure you would not be expected to provide an Affadavit of support. We were asked for a employment verification letter (I used the job offer letter as it was recent), and recent payslips. An H1 occupation more than covers the financial needs.

Don't freak out - the interview will be most likely an anti climax!!!

Yep and amen to what Simon said.

@urbanite - no reason to be freaking out now. Just go over the documents you're taking with you. If any of those wasn't included with your original package, just make sure you have both the original and copy(ies) of such.

Chill, you will be fine.

Mom,

Keep calm and look at page 10 at http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf

9 FAM 42.33 N9.3 Public Charge
While many categories of immigrants must submit the legally binding Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act, the DV category is not one of them. You can consult 9 FAM 40.41 for standards of processing public charge issues in immigrant visa (IV) cases that do not involve the I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act.

Keep calm and look at page 10 at http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf

While many categories of immigrants must submit the legally binding Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act, the DV category is not one of them. You can consult 9 FAM 40.41 for standards of processing public charge issues in immigrant visa (IV) cases that do not involve the I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act.

LOL - that is one of the "Keep Calm..." t-shirts crying to be printed.

I think Urbanite may have been thinking the I-134 was being suggested (which can be used for DV cases).

The fact that DV applicants cannot use form I-864 does not mean the IO cannot ask them to produce an affidavit of support regardless of whether it is legally binding or not. And that is where 9 FAM 40.41 N5.6-3 Use of Form I-134 Affidavit of Support comes in.

Hi there!
I'm reading this forum for months. I tried to post something but it never worked. I'm just trying right now, if it works I'll give you a story....

LOL - that is one of the "Keep Calm..." t-shirts crying to be printed.

I think Urbanite may have been thinking the I-134 was being suggested (which can be used for DV cases).
The fact that DV applicants cannot use form I-864 does not mean the IO cannot ask them to produce an affidavit of support regardless of whether it is legally binding or not. And that is where 9 FAM 40.41 N5.6-3 Use of Form I-134 Affidavit of Support comes in.
When he said "along with the interview letter", I immediately thought about I-864 because it was one of the items mentioned to bring to the interview in the IL.

Nevertheless, we I think have covered all bases for him so he can attend the interview rested.

When he said "along with the interview letter", I immediately thought about I-864 because it was one of the items mentioned to bring to the interview in the IL.

Nevertheless, we I think have covered all bases for him so he can attend the interview rested.

Yep that make sense.

Works...:)
Listen to this story...Europe, in US since 2005, F1, 23xxx, all paperwork with meds sent end of march. April - fingerprints. Quiet for 3 months, that few phone calls to USCIS, nobody know where the case is. Finally I took infopass to local office i Holtsville, Long Island NY. I went there and officer told me that they kept the files for a while and it was good that I call 1-800, so they found it and sent to NYC, because they don't handle DV cases. She gave me infopass for NYC office for the same day, so I went to the city right away. Nice young girl, European beauty, told me that they just received the docs and she went on the back bringing me the interview letter.
August 22nd, than the disaster begun. 3 different interview hours, but finally we went together, scheduled for 9.30, but we had to wait only 90 minutes to have the pleasure to meet the officer. Nice, not European and not beauty officer, first words " It's Friday, I'm not to supposed to even be here today, it's my day off today..." Whatever, I played stupid, apologized for my existence. Than she took passports ripping off the I94, then all the F1 visas, triple checked every one, receipts, taxes, ete,ets, making mess like a 3 years old child.
After almost 2 hours she printed the interview result, she wants to see the transcripts from IRS ( she saw the regular tax forms that I submitted), no problem, I went to the library and printed it out and submitted the same day after another hour waiting for princess to come pick it up. OK,, but there's another mission for you, bring me all proofs from 2006 to present that you were a students, DOS's original I-20 not enough....No problem, submitted on 2nd business day. She picked it up saying( shorter version), OK, you'll get the answer in the mail sooooooon. Soooo, I took a infopass for Friday, she had 4 soooon days to look at it. Of course nothing. Went to USCIS on Friday, same girl than before :):):) She gave me a paper to fill up and she told me that she will go to officer and supervisor. After 2 days officer called me at 7.30 am saying that she wants me to come to the office, next day 8am, I said no problem. I got up 5am, after sleepless night, went to NYC. Got there 7.45, told the front desk lady what's up. Took a sit,...half hour, nothing, 45min... are you sure that..??? asked the lady, 1 hour they finally told me that she is not a work today, no reason. I asked to speak to supervisor, she came after 20min, saying that she's apologize, but she is not her supervisor, bullshit,bullshit,bullshit...
Soooo.... What do you think guys?? Any good advise???
Thank You.