• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

Hi Guys,

I just called KCC twice, hoping for a couple of opinions. On the first call I got some guy who didn't sound like the sharpest tool in the shed. He said that he doubts the numbers will change for OC but I can always call back in 2 weeks to double check.

The second girl I got a woman who was a lot more sympathetic given my case number (164X), but basically said the same thing. She didn't think the numbers would change, but I could always call back in a couple of weeks to double check.

I also emailed KCC this morning. I'll let you know how I go with that response...

Commiserations to everyone in OC who has missed out... We are lucky in that we have the E3 option... But I work in the film industry and I'm a writer so I'm doubtful in terms of securing employment in that industry in order to get an E3... Guess I'll just have to enter DV2016.

Peace.

Hi Guys,

I just called KCC twice, hoping for a couple of opinions. On the first call I got some guy who didn't sound like the sharpest tool in the shed. He said that he doubts the numbers will change for OC but I can always call back in 2 weeks to double check.

The second girl I got a woman who was a lot more sympathetic given my case number (164X), but basically said the same thing. She didn't think the numbers would change, but I could always call back in a couple of weeks to double check.

I also emailed KCC this morning. I'll let you know how I go with that response...

Commiserations to everyone in OC who has missed out... We are lucky in that we have the E3 option... But I work in the film industry and I'm a writer so I'm doubtful in terms of securing employment in that industry in order to get an E3... Guess I'll just have to enter DV2016.

Peace.

hahaha... "second girl I got a woman".... Yes I'm a writer...

I just got off the blower with KCC. Was an interesting conversation -- the lady at the other end was fairly adamant that the numbers for OC, EU and SA weren't necessarily final and that there was a good chance they'd change within two weeks.

So we have conflicting reports. For the sake of our sanity, I'd suggest holding out for another ten days before hanging up the proverbial football boots.

Also, to DV2015 folks, if you want to change your DS-260 form you need to send an e-mail to KCC including both your CN and the principal's birth date, otherwise it gets 'lost' :D

Worst Visa Bulletin ever. OC156x. :( I'll hold on to the hope that people are putting out there with the suggestion of waiting until the 15th or so and the desperate idea that it is not yet completely over. Denial is the first stage of acceptance, right? For the record, I do not like either of those 2 people you spoke with @Kurt14 and, as our numbers are both so close, I hope for us that they don't know what they are talking about! Stage 2; Anger.:mad: Seriously though, some of you still think it could be adjusted? Realistically, why and by how many? False hope sucks. Please, just give us a few more spots KCC, I'll be a great citizen for you! There's Stage 3. Bargaining. I am going to keep running with this joke.:) If I don't laugh, I could almost cry. I really needed this and thought it was in the bag. Shattered but back to the drawing board. Thank you to everyone who contributes to this group, especially the ones who make the calls to KCC and report their findings ( @connectedspace and many others). @Britsimon . The time you spend on this thing, looking at your total messages sent, you've helped a lot of people and answered a lot of my questions without me having to ask them. I'm unsuccessful but I am grateful. As a beginner, I never had anything of importance to ad here, but for the last 11 months I have watched with a great deal of interest from the sideline. I will be back here in 2016 if I don't pull anything off sooner. E3... Whatever... Good luck with everyones fallback option. Now on to Stage 4. Depression... Beer and Depression.;)

Worst Visa Bulletin ever. OC156x. :( I'll hold on to the hope that people are putting out there with the suggestion of waiting until the 15th or so and the desperate idea that it is not yet completely over. Denial is the first stage of acceptance, right? For the record, I do not like either of those 2 people you spoke with @Kurt14 and, as our numbers are both so close, I hope for us that they don't know what they are talking about! Stage 2; Anger.:mad: Seriously though, some of you still think it could be adjusted? Realistically, why and by how many? False hope sucks. Please, just give us a few more spots KCC, I'll be a great citizen for you! There's Stage 3. Bargaining. I am going to keep running with this joke.:) If I don't laugh, I could almost cry. I really needed this and thought it was in the bag. Shattered but back to the drawing board. Thank you to everyone who contributes to this group, especially the ones who make the calls to KCC and report their findings ( @connectedspace and many others). @Britsimon . The time you spend on this thing, looking at your total messages sent, you've helped a lot of people and answered a lot of my questions without me having to ask them. I'm unsuccessful but I am grateful. As a beginner, I never had anything of importance to ad here, but for the last 11 months I have watched with a great deal of interest from the sideline. I will be back here in 2016 if I don't pull anything off sooner. E3... Whatever... Good luck with everyones fallback option. Now on to Stage 4. Depression... Beer and Depression.;)

Don't want to give anyone false hope, but really, I am getting to be pretty sure we will see some adjustment for OC and SA at least, probably EU too. So be prepared for one more emotional event.

Wow, I don't know what to say. Been away for a couple of days and came back to this. I can't believe there's been no movement whatsoever and it's frustrating because we don't know why. If someone explained the reason behind all of this, I think it would at least give everyone some closure. Fingers crossed for you guys close to the line that they move the numbers up. With how everything is going, who knows what to expect any more.

Has anyone been following the CEAC data and know with the VB as it stands, are they going to actually meet the visa quota this year?

Last edited:

My warmest wishes go out to you (and all the other Aussies that were selected but have not made it yet). As Britsimon said to me, keep at it. Keep those plans and dreams simmering away while you live your day to day. I can't image the feelings you have right now (4 years of no luck here) but patience and persistence my friend :)

Q

My warmest wishes go out to you (and all the other Aussies that were selected but have not made it yet). As Britsimon said to me, keep at it. Keep those plans and dreams simmering away while you live your day to day. I can't image the feelings you have right now (4 years of no luck here) but patience and persistence my friend :)

Q
Thanks @Qewty , I appreciate it.:) Good luck to you, and all, for '16.

I must ad, the night before the bulletin was released, I sent an email to KCC to confirm my forms were completed to their satisfaction.

An hour ago I received this response from KCCDV with an attachment of the current visa bulletin. Maybe/probably it was just a template response and it doesn't mean anything. But still, the last sentence has my attention.

"Thank you for your inquiry. Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of September. Please refer to the visa bulletin to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month."

The bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month? Even this one? Go nuts KCC.

Like George Michael said. You gotta have faith.

Thanks @Qewty , I appreciate it.:) Good luck to you, and all, for '16.

I must ad, the night before the bulletin was released, I sent an email to KCC to confirm my forms were completed to their satisfaction.

An hour ago I received this response from KCCDV with an attachment of the current visa bulletin. Maybe/probably it was just a template response and it doesn't mean anything. But still, the last sentence has my attention.

"Thank you for your inquiry. Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of September. Please refer to the visa bulletin to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month."

The bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month? Even this one? Go nuts KCC.

Like George Michael said. You gotta have faith.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but this:

is a generic/standard response KCC has always sent to email enquiries about form submission.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but this:

is a generic/standard response KCC has always sent to email enquiries about form submission.
Thanks. Like I said "Maybe/probably it was just a template response". But like Journey said. "Don't stop believin'".

Last edited:

You'll be selected one day. With Oceania odds it's really a matter of time. I have an annual reminder in my google calendar that pops up to remind me to enter in October and another to remind me to check in May. After six years of trying, here I am.

Well this sucks. Kiwi gal at 19xx - pretty much lost hope last month though. I lived in NYC for a year on a j1 right after uni and was so excited at the possibility of coming back. I'm also currently back here on vacation for my birthday so it's been bittersweet trip . Anyway I just wanted to pop on and say cheers to all the gurus for all the informative posts over this journey. It's been a great read at times haha. Congrats to all those who pulled through. Somebody pass me an effing beverage..

For those who have a dream of moving to the US, I encourage you to pursue that dream - you never know when and where opportunities will present themselves. For the Australian's, we have the wonderful E3 visa (if you qualify) and after dreaming of moving to the US for a very long time now I was successful in getting mine a few weeks ago. Not gloating, but just pointing out that dreams do come true if you work for and chase them hard enough.
I'm just wondering what the E3 visa process was like? How difficult was it to find a company to agree to take you on? I've always imagined that it wouldn't be so easy since why would American companies take on a foreigner, go through all the paper work and what not, when they can get someone locally?

I'm just wondering what the E3 visa process was like? How difficult was it to find a company to agree to take you on? I've always imagined that it wouldn't be so easy since why would American companies take on a foreigner, go through all the paper work and what not, when they can get someone locally?

I second this question!

KCC is just a consulate center that process DV applications and they do not know how the visa slots are allocated, etc... Department of State (DOS) is the one who decide the movement of DV visa slots and allocation, regional quota etc... So if you call or email KCC or any US embassy or consulate post, they will just give you some generic reply because they have no clue too. But I still believe adjustment will be made once they know the outcome of July visa issued rate. They are playing very safe and they rather release the slots in batches than putting a huge # and need to cancel it later on. I think this is the best they can do and I also think this is a better approach. Let wait and see.