• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

An interesting detail in February VB

Istanbuler

Registered Users (C)
Hi;

Last month and this month Uzbekistan's cutoff didn't change and remain at 13900.
I think this never happened before.

In previous years some countries like Uzbekistan were having bigger share of visas.
This is because they had more winners than the other countries.
While selecting 140k+ winners maybe just maybe Kentucky's intention was a more equal distribution among the countries and they selected more winners to distribute the visas somehow more equally between participant countries.

I dont have any proof to support my thesis. But if I am right we will be seeing some happy high case number from the countries those have less winners.

Somehow this lottery program is about diversity right? May be they try to have a more diverse outcome. What you think about this?

Hi;

Last month and this month Uzbekistan's cutoff didn't change and remain at 13900.

In previous years some countries like Uzbekistan were having bigger share of visas.
While selecting 140k+ winners maybe just maybe Kentucky's intention was a more equal distribution among the countries and they selected more winners to distribute the visas somehow more equally between participant countries.

I dont have any proof to support my thesis. But if I am right we will be seeing some happy high case number from the countries those have less winners.

Somehow this lottery program is about diversity right? May be they try to have a more diverse outcome. What you think about this?

It has happened before - Nigeria for instance was stuck on 8000 in December and Jan.

As for the other ideas, I don't think that is what is happening, but I'm not 100% sure. In fact, it would not be according to the terms of the laws that control the running of the lottery process (each country is supposed to have an equal chance within the region). However, there are other things they do that are questionable so I suppose it is possible.

However if I had to make a bet on it I would say no - they are not tinkering with countries to improve diversity.

Hi;

I think the reason why Uzbekistan remain on 13600 is because more selectees that have not return their form to KCC and are way back current are now responding by sending their forms to kcc.Now,kcc has lot of selectees forms in which their interview have passed,so they are the ones that will be interviewed in march.

I think the reason why Uzbekistan remain on 13600 is because more selectees that have not return their form to KCC and are way back current are now responding by sending their forms to kcc.Now,kcc has lot of selectees forms in which their interview have passed,so they are the ones that will be interviewed in march.

I don't think so, because KCC will only schedule interview appointments when documents were sent back. In simple words: noc docs returned, no interview scheduled. KCC won't wait at all.

So if you send back the docs very late (even if your cn is current now), your interview will be appointed later on (assuming that this will happen before Sep 30).

My assumption is more that they "guide" a little bit more the visa processing in terms of covering caps and so on.

Can anyone confirm?

I don't think so, because KCC will only schedule interview appointments when documents were sent back. In simple words: noc docs returned, no interview scheduled. KCC won't wait at all.

So if you send back the docs very late (even if your cn is current now), your interview will be appointed later on (assuming that this will happen before Sep 30).

My assumption is more that they "guide" a little bit more the visa processing in terms of covering caps and so on.

Can anyone confirm?

Sorry Miketti I tend to agree more with Samolaniyi, at least in principle. My understandng is this. If someone had waited until Late November/early December to submit their forms (say EU1000 for arguments sake) then those forms would be processed (which could take 6 to 8 weeks) and be ready for arguments sake about now. That case would then be scheduled as soon as possible, most likely during the next batch of interviews that are notified immediately after the VB release - so our example that case would then be getting a March interview.

So in theory if a lot of people did that it could in theory mean they clog the process up and slow down the VBs. I don't think that is what is happening, but I am more comfortable with that as a concept than what I think you mean which is that people pick up a large delay because they returned the form late.

In 2012 Uzbekistan was stuck on 16500 for 5 months. In 2013 it was stuck on 13400 for 3 months. I also think they were and are waiting for more cases in KCC. The submission rate is lower yet than in previous years, and they want to have more precise picture not to overfill the quota.

Two reasons to keep Uzbekistan 1) In the families of many children. So many winners. 2) Interviews are held in Tashkent on Wednesday and Thursday.
Uzbekistan has over 20,000 numbers do not.This is done on purpose. Because giving the number above makes no sense.
In 2013 Uzbekistan brakes on 13400 2 months. I smell smells pitbull.
My prediction for Uzbekistan: 14400 April, May - 16500, June -17500, -19000 July, August-current, September-current.

Two reasons to keep Uzbekistan 1) In the families of many children. So many winners. 2) Interviews are held in Tashkent on Wednesday and Thursday.
Uzbekistan has over 20,000 numbers do not.This is done on purpose. Because giving the number above makes no sense.
In 2013 Uzbekistan brakes on 13400 2 months. I smell smells pitbull.
My prediction for Uzbekistan: 14400 April, May - 16500, June -17500, -19000 July, August-current, September-current.

One offtopic question. Why Uzbekistan is in the region Europe for the DV lottery, as the country Uzbekistan is in Asia?
Does anyone know?

One offtopic question. Why Uzbekistan is in the region Europe for the DV lottery, as the country Uzbekistan is in Asia?
Does anyone know?

International Geography is not a strong point for Americans - they probably think it is a place just outside Belgium. :cool:

International Geography is not a strong point for Americans - they probably think it is a place just outside Belgium. :cool:

I agree with that. Once I had a dinner with my budy from work in Santa Monica and the waitress after founding out that he is from Oz asked him where did he learn the language cause his English was really, really good :D

My guess is that they assigned all former Soviet republics to EU.

Agree with that too.

Does anyone know?
Then we would have got a visa three countries, Iran, Nepal and Uzbekistan.
The Soviet Union was a great country.
Travel abroad was very difficult. The world was on the brink of World War III.
When the Soviet Union collapsed one of the members of the forum immediately threw his homeland and fled from the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is exactly what you will do if you win a GC. Correct?
Win does not guarantee obtaining a green card.

Now another time. In 1986-1990, people from the former Soviet Union showed sausage abroad. They flew there like flies.

Win does not guarantee obtaining a green card.

Now another time. In 1986-1990, people from the former Soviet Union showed sausage abroad. They flew there like flies.
Sloner is the gulags still exsit in siberia ? Where did they sent the russian femens ?
If yes we will send pitbull there ;)

Sloner is the gulags still exsit in siberia ? Where did they sent the russian femens ?
If yes we will send pitbull there
Gulag in the past. Pitbull freeze from cold and hunger. In Russia, a bad attitude towards the homeless and it's true.