• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Dannyden!!!yes this is great news!!

what is an AOS in other news please?educate us.

AOS- Affidavit of Support - from a Citizen from the US to prove that you aren't going to be a public discharge. Its some sort of Financial Proof by someone in the States that they are willing to support you.
However Danny can expound on it.
Arnold.

God bless everyone in this thread for who are still waiting for their 2NL and those who are migrating plus those who will be current in September, may we all have a smooth transition ,God bless us all

Akelloh,
Hope you have Read TMZ's advice up there - You need all the time to save my dear, Much as its tough waiting till September - it gives you ample time to plan your journey and finish up on the little things here which are not as costly as they could be in the States. TMZ's hints have simply made it more clear that we tend to have high hopes which simply banish in thin air due to lack of adequate research.
Arnold.

pose thank you so much,will try to update my info ASAP,
congratulations to dannyden,for patiently waiting on God all through those days
on AP.

MY INTERVIEW EXPIRIENCE

I didn't sleep the night before my interview and so I watched tv till 3.00am in the morning then woke up my family for 'breakfast' and preparations,after that we said a short prayer and left the house at exactly 5.00 am,gettin into the taxi,my husband realizes that he had left the folder with necessary docs and had the least important![so I wasn't the only nervous person]dashed back an got it and we proceeded.We got at embassy at 5;40 am and found four people at the gate but by the time the guards opened we were so many!
We lined up as per our genders and I was the first lady since the ladies I got there had no kids,went through the first security check where they were so friendly,they asked for passports and the appointment letter and a body check for anything dangerous even the kids.We proceeded to the second security check where we waited for 10 min then handed appoint letter pps and the lady ticked our names and I realized that our names were last on that list but then thought it doesn't matter since we were second to get in.Went through the second security check where we left the cds from IOM and our switched off phones and we were given a tag to collect them later, I placed my handbag contain keys coin and kids snack in basin passed thru the check and it was handed back to me [was happy coz I thought they would not allows]
We got to the reception at around 6;30 where we found a Kenyan lady ,handed pps and appointment letter and we were given a number then she handed the passports and remained with appointment letter,I was to wait inside and my hubby outside hehe.around 20 min later,we were called to window 5 by a very nice Cushitic lady who asked for our passports, kcse cert,birth certs,marriage cert,all with copies,police cert original only and recent photos then handed the photos we sent to kcc back,we waited until 7:30 for the cashier to open then paid 1320$ ,gave the receipt to the lady at window 5 and now we had to wait outside[thank God coz my lastborn had started her craziness].
we were outside for around 30 min then we were called to window 8 where the lady took our fingerprints and we sat waiting for our interview.by this time I was taking the gal to the washroom for the 4th time all for nothing!lucky enough the security lady told them to play with the toys near window 1[It was a relief]actual interviews began starting with non immigrants and was surprised that only 2 guys were denied [ I was sitted near the windows I could overhear almost everything]!it was a long wait and the kids had started getting crazy and shouting knowing very well I couldn't hit them it felt like a whole year!
Finally it was time for the immagrants at window 6 and I was hopeful of getting over with the interview and go home,to my surprise!ALL THE PEOPLE that came after me had their interviews before me !!I took nairobbas title and became a wairess x 10!the kids fell asleep and there were few people remaining,just when I was dozing off, my name was called at window 6!!
co:[smiling ]how are you
us:fine thank you
CO:sorry that you had to wait for so long that the babies fell asleep,are they twins?
US;No,they are 3 and 2 years
CO:raise your right hands just a bit and don't drop the kids! and swear that all the infor you have given is true
us:we swear so
Co:So partitas what did you do after high school?
me:did a short course,worked for a year then went back to college.
Co:so,are you still in college/
me:yes I am.
CO:what are you studying?
Me:accounts
CO:are these your only children?
US:yes they are the only ones
Co:if I approve your visas,where would you go in America?
us:birmingham,alabama
Co;who lives there?
us:my .......
CO:congratulations !visa approved !
us:thank you very much[I wonder where all the sleep run to]
we were given a green sheet explaining how to register with DHl and how to pay the USCIS fee
CO;register with DHL and you will collect your visas after 5 to 7days
me:can someonepay the uscis fee on behalf?
CO;Yes there is no problem.
us;[smiling]thanks again
CO;welcome to America!!

we left with our sleeping kids feeling so good but by the time we were collecting our phones,the kids were seriously awake![sensed the happiness]
I thank God so much for he has been faithful,i couldn't wait to turn 18 and start entering the lottery,i did it 4 years and I started to give up,this was the 5th time but it was done by husband while he was entering his,he checked his on first may but he wasn't selected,in our mind we thought if he was all that educated and didn't get selected how could I?i don't know what pushed him to check my entry 3 weeks later and God had done it!!
I thank you my E family for your prayers and because from the knowledge I got from this forum the interview was too easy !!
Almost every lottery winner had their visas approved except for one Kenyan lady who did not include her son while entering the lottery but came with the son for the interview.there was also a Ugandan lady who entered the lottery as single but she was married with 2 kids!her husband was asked if he entered himself as single and he said yes,the only good thin is that he too had filled his kids and they sent forms to kcc as married,however they landed on AP ,the lady was told to request for a confidential result from UNEB sent to the embassy since her case was like of FAMILY 2133.....

Thanks for sharing this experience Partitas. You see being over prepared is even better than being under prepared.

Hi Guys
well done to all those who have been selected and congrats to all those who have had successful interviews.

i am going to give a little bit of advice. to those willing to listen and take it, good for you!! it will really make the difference for you...... to those who dont want to take it i wish you the best. I will try and be as blunt as possible and give as much detail as i can and call it as it is..

1) SAVE AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU CAN!! trust me especially if you dont have a strong family structure here you will need it beacuse life here is not cheap with rentals for a good two bed in averaging between $850 to $1500 per month, power anything from $80-$300

2) If you were an accountant, manager, ceo, director or some high position; i can assure you you will NOT GET A JOB ANYWHERE NEAR THE LEVEL YOU ARE THERE in your home country. A lot of people come here with that mentality and are really frustrated when they can only get Walmart supermarket jobs paying you minimum wage of like $7.50 an hour. Your experience pretty much usually wont mean anything here they have their own standards.
Ealier i mentioned a strong family base.... i have cousins and aunts who lived here for over a decade and therefore i had a lot of guidance when it came to looking for, applying for, creating a resume and interviews for a job and hence i wont lie to you i make a lot more than than most people make, almost three times the minimum wage, which believe me is a lot. Moral of my point you may ask??? you dont live in a vaccum!!! ask those who have gone before you they know the system and that is why i had a job, a very well paying job at $15 an hour as my first job within two weeks of my arrival.

3) NETWORK...... relates to the above point if you dont network with others you will fumble about in the dark and learn the hard way!!!!

4) KNOW THE SYSTEM!!! The bible says my people persih beacuse of lack of knowledge.... Know the system and take time to know what you need to do when you get over here. My advice is the moment you land here try and go to apply for your social security ASAP because without that you cannot work, get an ID or a drivers licence..

5) KNOW THE RULES, LAWS & REGULATIONS OF THE STATE YOU GOING TO
Every state has different laws and rules know them! here is a bit of advice to those who like to drink and drive.... DONT!
Here is more advice to those of men whose still live in the primitive times and beat their wives when they have a disagreement and think beating her is the solution... i suggest you fast start learning how to stop that because here that will will land you in a lot of trouble and you will go away for a long time. Dont say i didnt warn you......
here if you havea criminal record it sticks with you and i promise i promise you again getting a job after you have got a record either for drunk driving, violence identity theft of whatever, getting a job or an apartment will be very very hard, mark my words...

6) KNOW as much as possible about the states they all have pros and cons e.g taxs, weather, transportation. here is another example yes getting a job in New York etc will pay you more but you will end with less after that coz first of all you are taxed by the government and then also by the state you live in on top of that, and also the cost of living is higher unlike for example in Texas where you only pay federal tax.
another example for thos coming to live in Taxas... YOU NEED A CAR THAT IS A MUST...

wHEN I HAVE TIME AGAIN NEXT I WILL CONTINUE from where i left off but if any of you have any questions inbox me. i cant guarantee i will reply you all but i will try my best when i am free.
Thanks T-Maz , you have looked back and decided to help your brothers and sisters who are still sailing. I remember your interview experience is one of the things that gave me an inspiration. Keep us posted we really need this information. I am going to Oklahoma but I plan to relocate to Texas after I have settled, so hope to meet you one day.

123 days

Je te rends grace Seigneur car tu es Grand et tes oeuvres sont miraculeuses!!!

He's great and faithful, he gave a promise and now here I got my 2014 present. I want to thank all of you. I know i was always in your prayers. I got a call from embassy asking to bring my passport, my AP is over.

Aimanda7, this is for you. " Ico cose muzogirira muto muri mwebwe nijye muzaba mukigiriye" uwavuze ivyo niwe azoguhemba!!!

Yeayeayea..OOOOOOOOOOOOO, Okey. seseeeeeee. We are about to meet brother as we have always promised ourselves. God is big, Titanic, great ... He is every thing. Congs, let us even pray more.

hello friends, please welcome my Friend, she is very new here, she is about to give her Interview and i hope she gets through, she is the one who is afraid of AOS, just pray for my friend
welcome to this blessed family resian,you do not have to worry about AOS,coz I saw around 20 people from the dv category do their interviews,i never heard any of them being asked for it coz where I was seated I could hear everything.myself I had it and nobody asked for it so I did not present it.

yes !yes! yes!i am so happy for you!
123 days

He's great and faithful, he gave a promise and now here I got my 2014 present. I want to thank all of you. I know i was always in your prayers. I got a call from embassy asking to bring my passport, my AP is over.

Aimanda7, this is for you. " Ico cose muzogirira muto muri mwebwe nijye muzaba mukigiriye" uwavuze ivyo niwe azoguhemba!!!

congratulations partitas, its good to learn yu fall under my category of family based,and i wonder how many we are in this forum and was yua hubby asked any questions.
thank you Rodgers yes several of us got families,starting with myself,family2133,aimanda,kaia ug,beth 02...,but I think family based means something else which is having someone who is a US CITIZEN petitioning for you,it could be a spouse,parent,sibling etc and totally different from dv selectees,someone correct me if I am wrong.

Guys believe me, this thread has God's mighty hand, we are not going to register any failure, my case and Danny's were the worst cases but if they are cleared, we have a reason to clap and thank God. The rest will make it.

Passports already in kisumu

that's true bro,have you picked up your visas?

Not yet, I got the WAYBILLS on Wednesday:cool:, both at the website and also they sent us mails of notifications that they are on their way to Kisumu. Today morning , we went to DHL Uganda and inquired whether they can send them to Kampala and the answer was a big NO, they said that other embassies allow it but US in particular does not. However they have checked the waybills and the tracking shows that they are already in Kisumu. So, Suz is making a journey to Kisumu to pick what God approved for FAMILY2133, I hope she can make it in one day, if she leaves Kampala at 7am.
Partitas, I am still in denial that we received these visas, I need to first touch. In Uganda, we have a saying " Amaaso g'omuganda gali mungalo" Literal meaning, "The eyes of Baganda are in their palms of their hands, they do not believe until they have touched with their hands"

Really this thread is blessed.
Now let's pray for those having high case numbers to have also opportunity to meet CO.
My interview is on 11th feb and it is approaching. Guys, pray for my interview

Tmaz,
Thanks alot for this. Personally i work in a big office and am not hoping to start in a similar position when i get there. Already i have scaled down my plans and am ready to give it some time to study the situation etc etc, I have one big question coz its really killing me, Am doing my MBA, is it worth the trouble to complete it or really its worthless?
Arnold.

Hi ok about your mba how far into it are you? because if you are far you might as well finish it coz you will nearly be there. thing is the dont really recognise qualifications from anywhere but their place so our degrees from africa are like really low in their eyes. Honestly what counts here more than education is your work experience. and believe me you will have to do a lot of lying here and saying i did this job etc
business dgrees here and mbas dont really pay. well paying jobs are jobs like nursing and IT

HHahahaha man the problem is that you re going to be absent on the forum , the period you ll be settling in Us ,but personally I will miss you so much Ssebo ! your sense of humor ,meanwhile congratulation again, and may God protect your passports and the famous yellow envelops.
Not yet, I got the WAYBILLS on Wednesday:cool:, both at the website and also they sent us mails of notifications that they are on their way to Kisumu. Today morning , we went to DHL Uganda and inquired whether they can send them to Kampala and the answer was a big NO, they said that other embassies allow it but US in particular does not. However they have checked the waybills and the tracking shows that they are already in Kisumu. So, Suz is making a journey to Kisumu to pick what God approved for FAMILY2133, I hope she can make it in one day, if she leaves Kampala at 7am.
Partitas, I am still in denial that we received these visas, I need to first touch. In Uganda, we have a saying " Amaaso g'omuganda gali mungalo" Literal meaning, "The eyes of Baganda are in their palms of their hands, they do not believe until they have touched with their hands"

HHahahaha man the problem is that you re going to be absent on the forum , the period you ll be settling in Us ,but personally I will miss you so much Ssebo ! your sense of humor ,meanwhile congratulation again, and may God protect your passports and the famous yellow envelops.
I promise as long as I can land my hands on internet in US, I will not forget to come back and support where I can. I also plan to meet most of you in US so worry not my brother.

123 days[/COL

Congrat Dannyden,God's promise never fails,He's always there for us.Savour your victory to the fullest.

AOS- Affidavit of Support - from a Citizen from the US to prove that you aren't going to be a public discharge. Its some sort of Financial Proof by someone in the States that they are willing to support you.
However Danny can expound on it.
Arnold.

Thanks Arnold for the explanation. I hope we shall not be required to have this oh. Because some of us would remain floating then.

Hi ok about your mba how far into it are you? because if you are far you might as well finish it coz you will nearly be there. thing is the dont really recognise qualifications from anywhere but their place so our degrees from africa are like really low in their eyes. Honestly what counts here more than education is your work experience. and believe me you will have to do a lot of lying here and saying i did this job etc
business dgrees here and mbas dont really pay. well paying jobs are jobs like nursing and IT

Arnold am also curious about education. From what Iv seen even for the qualification the embassy insists on high school diploma, the rest like degree it seems they dont care. That is what made me hold back on going back to school immediately after finding out i was succesful applicant for possible GC issue.

Now my side concern which I hope Tmaz can clarify for me is what of those whose colleges are internationally recognized?what of those?But thats just a by the way, am ready to hustle and hustle and get abit of experience from the bottom up!!it can be DONE and am hopeful!

Status
Not open for further replies.