• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
123 days

Je te rends grace Seigneur car tu es Grand et tes oeuvres sont miraculeuses!!!

He's great and faithful, he gave a promise and now here I got my 2014 present. I want to thank all of you. I know i was always in your prayers. I got a call from embassy asking to bring my passport, my AP is over.

Aimanda7, this is for you. " Ico cose muzogirira muto muri mwebwe nijye muzaba mukigiriye" uwavuze ivyo niwe azoguhemba!!!

folks hoop ya all good to my brother danny the almighty God is really on your side my he guide in you journey and for the rest of us lets all pray for one another and remember its with him only that we can prosper and reach our desired goals ,its wonderful to see mates in this forum happy with the visa at hand i believe its the work of the almighty ,may this forum filled with more joy ,happiness and love of the lord .

Today devotion

Psalm 37:4

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Remember God loves you be blessed folks

123 days

He's great and faithful, he gave a promise and now here I got my 2014 present. I want to thank all of you. I know i was always in your prayers. I got a call from embassy asking to bring my passport, my AP is over.

Aimanda7, this is for you. " Ico cose muzogirira muto muri mwebwe nijye muzaba mukigiriye" uwavuze ivyo niwe azoguhemba!!!

That is great news! Can I ask what you did to satisfy them about financial ability?

ooh GOD YOU REALLY ARE GREAT !!! this man is now enjoying your Grace
123 days

Hi Guys
well done to all those who have been selected and congrats to all those who have had successful interviews.

i am going to give a little bit of advice. to those willing to listen and take it, good for you!! it will really make the difference for you...... to those who dont want to take it i wish you the best. I will try and be as blunt as possible and give as much detail as i can and call it as it is..

1) SAVE AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU CAN!! trust me especially if you dont have a strong family structure here you will need it beacuse life here is not cheap with rentals for a good two bed in averaging between $850 to $1500 per month, power anything from $80-$300

2) If you were an accountant, manager, ceo, director or some high position; i can assure you you will NOT GET A JOB ANYWHERE NEAR THE LEVEL YOU ARE THERE in your home country. A lot of people come here with that mentality and are really frustrated when they can only get Walmart supermarket jobs paying you minimum wage of like $7.50 an hour. Your experience pretty much usually wont mean anything here they have their own standards.
Ealier i mentioned a strong family base.... i have cousins and aunts who lived here for over a decade and therefore i had a lot of guidance when it came to looking for, applying for, creating a resume and interviews for a job and hence i wont lie to you i make a lot more than than most people make, almost three times the minimum wage, which believe me is a lot. Moral of my point you may ask??? you dont live in a vaccum!!! ask those who have gone before you they know the system and that is why i had a job, a very well paying job at $15 an hour as my first job within two weeks of my arrival.

3) NETWORK...... relates to the above point if you dont network with others you will fumble about in the dark and learn the hard way!!!!

4) KNOW THE SYSTEM!!! The bible says my people persih beacuse of lack of knowledge.... Know the system and take time to know what you need to do when you get over here. My advice is the moment you land here try and go to apply for your social security ASAP because without that you cannot work, get an ID or a drivers licence..

5) KNOW THE RULES, LAWS & REGULATIONS OF THE STATE YOU GOING TO
Every state has different laws and rules know them! here is a bit of advice to those who like to drink and drive.... DONT!
Here is more advice to those of men whose still live in the primitive times and beat their wives when they have a disagreement and think beating her is the solution... i suggest you fast start learning how to stop that because here that will will land you in a lot of trouble and you will go away for a long time. Dont say i didnt warn you......
here if you havea criminal record it sticks with you and i promise i promise you again getting a job after you have got a record either for drunk driving, violence identity theft of whatever, getting a job or an apartment will be very very hard, mark my words...

6) KNOW as much as possible about the states they all have pros and cons e.g taxs, weather, transportation. here is another example yes getting a job in New York etc will pay you more but you will end with less after that coz first of all you are taxed by the government and then also by the state you live in on top of that, and also the cost of living is higher unlike for example in Texas where you only pay federal tax.
another example for thos coming to live in Taxas... YOU NEED A CAR THAT IS A MUST...

wHEN I HAVE TIME AGAIN NEXT I WILL CONTINUE from where i left off but if any of you have any questions inbox me. i cant guarantee i will reply you all but i will try my best when i am free.

Thanks alot tmaz for all this info. Now this is the kind of information i wanted us guys to get from previous dv winners so that we can start preparing mentally and also physically. Let me do abit of research on my potential states:D:eek:

Waouh we are so happy for u Dannyden !!! Ivyiza biri imbere !!!!

123 days

folks hoop ya all good to my brother danny the almighty God is really on your side my he guide in you journey and for the rest of us lets all pray for one another and remember its with him only that we can prosper and reach our desired goals ,its wonderful to see mates in this forum happy with the visa at hand i believe its the work of the almighty ,may this forum filled with more joy ,happiness and love of the lord .

Today devotion

Psalm 37:4

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Remember God loves you be blessed folks

Thanks to you for every devotion and keeping us in ur prayers!

hey guys am so happy with what God is doing on this e-family forum
did my medicals on 21 st and 22 nd of this month,day 1 is basically lab test to check on syphilis
and x ray for TB,its normally half a day,but day 2 is a bit hectic cause of the physical exams and the vaccinations
for those going for your medicals kindly remember to carry everything needed to avoid being told to rush to village market,thus avoiding wasting time.
Am so happy for those who have received their visas,for the ones who haven't God is in control ,and for those of us waiting for the interviews its only a matter of time....

Hey Resian.all the best on ur upcoming interview and please, welcome to the family of dv 2014.

When you do get some time, do go to settings and edit your signature so that we can also see how you progress in this journey which we pray goes well for you and your family.

123 days

God is good all the time and all the time our God is good. I am happy for u Danny and thank God for this successful end. Wish us all the best as we await the the next visa bulletin hoping it will be higher this time with the numbers
cheers friends

God bless everyone in this thread for who are still waiting for their 2NL and those who are migrating plus those who will be current in September, may we all have a smooth transition ,God bless us all

Congratulations ---danny

123 days

Danny,
Cngratulations!!!! OMG - it has been something else having you on AP all this long, i remember how you last communicated it really was depressing to the letter.
Cong Bro and Let God be Praised.
Arnold.

Hi Guys
well done to all those who have been selected and congrats to all those who have had successful interviews.

i am going to give a little bit of advice. to those willing to listen and take it, good for you!! it will really make the difference for you...... to those who dont want to take it i wish you the best. I will try and be as blunt as possible and give as much detail as i can and call it as it is..

1) SAVE AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU CAN!! trust me especially if you dont have a strong family structure here you will need it beacuse life here is not cheap with rentals for a good two bed in averaging between $850 to $1500 per month, power anything from $80-$300

2) If you were an accountant, manager, ceo, director or some high position; i can assure you you will NOT GET A JOB ANYWHERE NEAR THE LEVEL YOU ARE THERE in your home country. A lot of people come here with that mentality and are really frustrated when they can only get Walmart supermarket jobs paying you minimum wage of like $7.50 an hour. Your experience pretty much usually wont mean anything here they have their own standards.
Ealier i mentioned a strong family base.... i have cousins and aunts who lived here for over a decade and therefore i had a lot of guidance when it came to looking for, applying for, creating a resume and interviews for a job and hence i wont lie to you i make a lot more than than most people make, almost three times the minimum wage, which believe me is a lot. Moral of my point you may ask??? you dont live in a vaccum!!! ask those who have gone before you they know the system and that is why i had a job, a very well paying job at $15 an hour as my first job within two weeks of my arrival.

3) NETWORK...... relates to the above point if you dont network with others you will fumble about in the dark and learn the hard way!!!!

4) KNOW THE SYSTEM!!! The bible says my people persih beacuse of lack of knowledge.... Know the system and take time to know what you need to do when you get over here. My advice is the moment you land here try and go to apply for your social security ASAP because without that you cannot work, get an ID or a drivers licence..

5) KNOW THE RULES, LAWS & REGULATIONS OF THE STATE YOU GOING TO
Every state has different laws and rules know them! here is a bit of advice to those who like to drink and drive.... DONT!
Here is more advice to those of men whose still live in the primitive times and beat their wives when they have a disagreement and think beating her is the solution... i suggest you fast start learning how to stop that because here that will will land you in a lot of trouble and you will go away for a long time. Dont say i didnt warn you......
here if you havea criminal record it sticks with you and i promise i promise you again getting a job after you have got a record either for drunk driving, violence identity theft of whatever, getting a job or an apartment will be very very hard, mark my words...

6) KNOW as much as possible about the states they all have pros and cons e.g taxs, weather, transportation. here is another example yes getting a job in New York etc will pay you more but you will end with less after that coz first of all you are taxed by the government and then also by the state you live in on top of that, and also the cost of living is higher unlike for example in Texas where you only pay federal tax.
another example for thos coming to live in Taxas... YOU NEED A CAR THAT IS A MUST...

wHEN I HAVE TIME AGAIN NEXT I WILL CONTINUE from where i left off but if any of you have any questions inbox me. i cant guarantee i will reply you all but i will try my best when i am free.

Tmaz,
Thanks alot for this. Personally i work in a big office and am not hoping to start in a similar position when i get there. Already i have scaled down my plans and am ready to give it some time to study the situation etc etc, I have one big question coz its really killing me, Am doing my MBA, is it worth the trouble to complete it or really its worthless?
Arnold.

Thanks alot tmaz for all this info. Now this is the kind of information i wanted us guys to get from previous dv winners so that we can start preparing mentally and also physically. Let me do abit of research on my potential states:D:eek:
Pose,
I think you where on spot when you mentioned about forward planning. Saving is one thing but Saving 4 what also matters....Entering a new place where everyone has business to mind and their plate is already full and everyone has a place to go to....can be quite stressing if you don't know what to do or dont even have the slightest of ideas.
Lets Research and plan ahead.
Arnold.

Status
Not open for further replies.