• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI JONGE

Thanx for the link, I checked it out. I also did abit of research this is what I found out (The UK police do not issue "certificates of good conduct" or "police clearance certificates", however in our experience foreign embassies will generally accept a police reply under the subject access provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 as a suitable equivalent.) In short they offer police certificate! I hope this will do for my interview and they won't put me an AP. Cheers

The UK police produce cetificates through this agency http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Familly, how will you travel back to Kampala without your passport (I think it will be at USA Embassy?) and if you manage to reach Kampala, why you need to stress urself by going to pick the passport in nairobi or kisumu instead of waiting for it to be delivered by DHL in Kampala?

Family this was posted on 15th August 2013 pg 7905 by solwach will this help

I posted some advise on this earlier on this forum. For those of you from Uganda, please go to the Immigration Department at Port Bell (Luzira) and apply for a temporary travel permit, this will allow you to travel back and forth while your passport is with the embassy. You have 2 options;

1 - If travelling by road, the permit costs UGX 5,000 OR 2 - If travelling by air, the permit costs UGX 30,000.

So instead of staying in Nairobi, you can do what I did, which was bring the rest of my family back immediately after the interview, then only I went back when it was time to collect the documents.

However, if you are already in Nairobi, then go to the UG embassy in Uganda House, (I think that is on Kenyatta Avenue) and process the temporary travel permit from there, which will enable you to come home as you wait for your passport.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Family2133 View Post
Uganda1, how did you cross back to Uganda after the interviews without your passport. I have a family of four and in case our visas are approved, I can not maintain them in a hotel for all that long when waiting for the passports at DHL outlet. Advice
You're in a hotel? Gees, we had an apartment. Very nice and homely. Those days are too many to stay in a hotel with kids moreover.

Family this was posted on 15th August 2013 pg 7905 by solwach will this help

I posted some advise on this earlier on this forum. For those of you from Uganda, please go to the Immigration Department at Port Bell (Luzira) and apply for a temporary travel permit, this will allow you to travel back and forth while your passport is with the embassy. You have 2 options;

1 - If travelling by road, the permit costs UGX 5,000 OR 2 - If travelling by air, the permit costs UGX 30,000.

So instead of staying in Nairobi, you can do what I did, which was bring the rest of my family back immediately after the interview, then only I went back when it was time to collect the documents.

However, if you are already in Nairobi, then go to the UG embassy in Uganda House, (I think that is on Kenyatta Avenue) and process the temporary travel permit from there, which will enable you to come home as you wait for your passport.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Family2133 View Post
Uganda1, how did you cross back to Uganda after the interviews without your passport. I have a family of four and in case our visas are approved, I can not maintain them in a hotel for all that long when waiting for the passports at DHL outlet. Advice
You're in a hotel? Gees, we had an apartment. Very nice and homely. Those days are too many to stay in a hotel with kids moreover.

utamad[COLOR="#FF0000" said:
uni;2662570]Hello house!!! some bad news:(:(:(:(

Just got this from the Ghana thread seems all DV winners will part with an extra US$165 after successful interview. [/COLOR]Seems you will pay the cash before arriving in USA. The cash is the fee associated with the cost of producing the GC.. the plastic card. It seems as if its per head US$165, but I stand to be corrected. Put this in your budget of relocation. They reduced the visa fees in 2011, I guess they have raised it up again in a different way.

For more info check the link http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

This can be paid here its much easier an faster to get. Don't be stressed about it.:)

Waiting becomes a theme in this process. We've come along way na twaenda far.
From those dayz when almost every new member would start his/her sentence like this,"Hello everyone, I'm new here/in this forum and I have a question.....blah blah blah," When a little mistake like forgetting to write your Case Number on the top right hand corner of all the forms we sent back to KCC seemed so BIG of a deal to actually disqualify a person.
Thanks to this forum and the help from each single member in it. It has helped us build our great confidence back...
Danny d, we hope you are keeping well out there, same goes to every other single member out here.
Have a great Sunday guys a blessed one to !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea bro I recall how guys used to freak over issues but with time almost all the members are game am praying for our mate Family and family as they emback on the journey to Nairobi I wish them God's abundant blessings and I believe that they will come out of the embassy winners
Waiting becomes a theme in this process. We've come along way na twaenda far.
From those dayz when almost every new member would start his/her sentence like this,"Hello everyone, I'm new here/in this forum and I have a question.....blah blah blah," When a little mistake like forgetting to write your Case Number on the top right hand corner of all the forms we sent back to KCC seemed so BIG of a deal to actually disqualify a person.
Thanks to this forum and the help from each single member in it. It has helped us build our great confidence back...
Danny d, we hope you are keeping well out there, same goes to every other single member out here.
Have a great Sunday guys a blessed one to !!

Be patient what is the hurry. Relax no hurry in Africa

cut partitas some slack bana she's been current since Nov but no 2NL.a lil empathy would be good for her esp. right now.
@partitas be eazze, take your mind off things your 2NL will come in due time, regardless of how late it will be. Concentrate mostly on your 8-5.things will come good. #With you in prayers..:)

cut partitas some slack bana she's been current since Nov but no 2NL.a lil empathy would be good for her esp. right now.
@partitas be eazze, take your mind off things your 2NL will come in due time, regardless of how late it will be. Concentrate mostly on your 8-5.things will come good. #With you in prayers..:)

Haha!nairobba well said to take my mind off it,but its not like am that stressed about it coz I know it will come,for now let me worry about my exams,lets continue praying for each other bro!

Yes, we wish you guys the best of the best! May the Lord's favor be upon you as face those COs. When Jesus says 'yes', nobody can say 'No'.

Am so waiting to hear some great news about successful interviews!!family 2133,may you have a safe journey tomorrow and remember The Lord has brought you that far and he sure will be with that great day.

Hello. She will be getting 2nd letter today GOD WILLING. We can all look forward to the big news tomorrow.

Am so waiting to hear some great news about successful interviews!!family 2133,may you have a safe journey tomorrow and remember The Lord has brought you that far and he sure will be with that great day.

Surely Paritias We all looking so forward to that great news, fingers crossed prayers up.lol

Good Luck to Family2133 and Godia !!May luck be by your side and confidence be in your stride as you walk into your interview with pride . All the best wishes Guys !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello KaiaUG,

We wish them all the best ! As I see , we are in the same range you ! Our time will come !

Regards,
JuelzAnge Jr

GOD, only you, will decide Family2133 and Godia fates, please bestow visas on them, and please God, Partitas is still waiting for her 2NL, in Jesus name we pray for them. Amen

I woke up today stretching my jaws for the shouts of joy, frog jumps for the dance and warming up my hands for celebration claps this week. The countdown for the awaited good news from Godia and Family2133 interviews has began. I wish you both all the best, we hope to here the first success stories for this fiscal year by end week. Those traveling from far may the lord give you a safe journey!! May the lord be with you and the Holy spirit guide you (Matthew 10:19)...do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say,

Status
Not open for further replies.