April 2013 Asylum Applicants

Hi

Hi guys
I'm so happy to find people with same difficulties as I have here!
My case has sent on April 1 and I got my finger print on April 7th and I have done it on April 8th. Since then I'm waiting for my interview time! It's almost 2 months since I have filed but I haven't received the interview notification!
My office is Anaheim.
You know that it's too hard to just stay at home without work permission and waste your time and money!
Do you know by your experience how long would it take to schedule the interview?

Hi guys
My case has sent on April 1 and I got my finger print on April 7th and I have done it on April 8th. Since then I'm waiting for my interview time! It's almost 2 months since I have filed but I haven't received the interview notification!
My office is Anaheim.
You know that it's too hard to just stay at home without work permission and waste your time and money!
Do you know by your experience how long would it take to schedule the interview?

Hi! I am waiting for the interview for almost 7 month now, also Anaheim office. I hope everything will come faster to you. Don't give up. We have to wait, no other choice. :(

Hi guysstso happy to find people with same difficulties as I have here!
My office is Anaheim.

Hi, welcome to this topic. Yes, you are right, its really difficult. Hope you recieve it soon.
Do you find or guess any reason for tghis delay?

Hi, welcome to this topic. Yes, you are right, its really difficult. Hope you recieve it soon.
Do you find or guess any reason for tghis delay?

I don't know why, But it seems to be different in each case! I've heard about some cases in Anaheim office 3 weeks before my case being filed, They have had their interview about a month ago!
I went to Asylum office 2 weeks ago to follow up! They told me just wait, there are so many cases waiting more than you.!! I think they are so busy!
Please inform me if you guys get any update on your file! I will be so happy if any of you get good news on his/her file.

Hi! I am waiting for the interview for almost 7 month now, also Anaheim office. I hope everything will come faster to you. Don't give up. We have to wait, no other choice. :(

hey man! That's too much! Thank you for your supporting sense! We should all encourage each other! Did you get your work permission?

hey man! That's too much! Thank you for your supporting sense! We should all encourage each other! Did you get your work permission?

I applied, but guess what??? I am waiting again! For almost 2 months already. I really wish you to get your asylum approved before 6 months, cause it's so hard to wait all this time even not for decision, but just for the interview.

I applied, but guess what??? I am waiting again! For almost 2 months already. I really wish you to get your asylum approved before 6 months, cause it's so hard to wait all this time even not for decision, but just for the interview.

I hope you can get it soon. Don't worry! Everything will be ok. Make us happy whenever you get any updates!
In which office have you applied?

I hope you can get it soon. Don't worry! Everything will be ok. Make us happy whenever you get any updates!
In which office have you applied?

Thank you for your support! I will update my situation once I have news. For EAD I send papers to Phoenix po box, asylum case I have in Anaheim office.

Would you please tell me What is EAD?

You will get the acknowledgement receipt first which you should keep it very well because that is what proofs you applied for asylum and that you are on a pending status ,also you will use that to apply for you EAD card after 180 days if no decision is made on your case.Next I think after 1 or 2 weeks if you are lucky you will your fingerprint notice telling you to go a designated location near you to get the fingerprint done ,just make sure to arrive at your time may be 10 minutes before so yo fill out some paperwork ,usually it will take like 10-20 minutes and you are done with that ,the last step is to wait for your interview notice after 2 weeks i think ,but i remember i had mine between 2 weeks from fingerprint notice,honestly this is the step where during the period before the interview make sure to check your application well if you are doing on your own ,make sure everything is consistent ,dates ,locations ,language is correct to the best of your knowledge ,one trick is not to give dates you dont remember because the officer is very picky on those,your story needs to be consistent with what you will be saying.Just relax and wait ,it will be fine if your story is fine too.Goodluck and welcome to the forum

You provided a very good detailed information about your case, thank you, would you please tell me what EAD is?
and may I have one more question? after 180 days you can get permission to work, right? is this permission limited? or I can seek any full time job I want in any major I can?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Yes
You provided a very good detailed information about your case, thank you, would you please tell me what EAD is?
and may I have one more question? after 180 days you can get permission to work, right? is this permission limited? or I can seek any full time job I want in any major I can?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Is job permission after 150 days limited?

what kind of job permission an applicant for asylum gets if his case is not approved? a permission to work just like an american? full time and in any major he or she wishes?

nima darabi what kind of job permission an applicant for asylum gets if his case is not approved? a permission to work just like an american? full time and in any major he or she wishes?[/QUOTE said:
You may apply for employment authorization (EAD) if:

150 days have passed since you filed your complete asylum application, excluding any delays caused by you (such as a request to reschedule your interview) AND
No decision has been made on your application.

To apply for employment authorization, you must file a*Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.* There is no fee to apply for your first EAD if you have a pending asylum application or if you have been granted asylum.*For more information and details see Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization*page.
You can find it in this page:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=f39d3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Hi guys
My office is Anaheim.

It seemed that Anaheim Office had back log for people who sent application in April !

You may apply for employment authorization (EAD) if:

150 days have passed since you filed your complete asylum application, excluding any delays caused by you (such as a request to reschedule your interview) AND
No decision has been made on your application.

To apply for employment authorization, you must file a*Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.* There is no fee to apply for your first EAD if you have a pending asylum application or if you have been granted asylum.*For more information and details see Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization*page.
You can find it in this page:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=f39d3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Thank you for good information, how about if my case denied?
will I have permission to work till my case go to court?