• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Alright guys, i finally got my AOS letter from KCC. It says i need to submit DV "Notification Letter" to the nearest USCIS office in order to apply for AOS. I dont understand which DV Notification Letter.

Guys when should i expect my interview letter ? I had completed finger print on 05/03/2013 and there is not any updates since then.
is it too early for start panicking ? As we all know there is a time constraint associated with DV cases, i'm little worried now. Please advise.

HiDhruba,

I completed my Biometrics on 4/29/2013. My interview was on 5/22/2013 but IO did not make any decision saying they have not received my original file from National Visa Center due to pending I-131. I contacted USCIS and was told it will take 3 months for I-131 to get approved. That means I have to atleast wait till July 2 ( I-131 submitted on 4/2/13). So I think you are OK. Every Field Office is different. I guess most schedule interview after the process is complete so that decision are made the same day. In my case, it was different. Don know why !!!! I am checking status everyday, and it shows intial review. Hope for the best bud....

My husband works as GA too. He just got a letter from his supervisor and department chair and that should work fine. You also need to get a employment proof and you can use that too. Rest of the documents can be taken to the interview. Yes you are being too picky and over stressed :p

I used to be a GA over a year ago. I'm on OPT now and I'm employed and I already have my employment letter, just wondering what if they check and match employment history part of G-235A with my I-20s. Does your husband's I-20 shows that he's a GA? Was he given a new I-20?

Thank you

Hi,

As a phd student with F1-visa applying for AOS, could I file i-765 along with my i-485 form? Or it's only acceptable when you are close to your graduation? I still have 3-4 years to finish my phd, but I want to appy for EAD along with my green card.

Thanks

I used to be a GA over a year ago. I'm on OPT now and I'm employed and I already have my employment letter, just wondering what if they check and match employment history part of G-235A with my I-20s. Does your husband's I-20 shows that he's a GA? Was he given a new I-20?
Thank you
Yea his I 20 says tat. But I still think u worrying for a wrong reason. I am pretty sure they dont sit and match G 325 A with I 20s. Dont worry about it, you will be fine. Working on campus is no crime. GA or non GA doesn't really mater. I think they will be more interested in what you doing now. You can also get a letter from college stating you were a GA during ur masters and take that with you to the interview.

Hi,

As a phd student with F1-visa applying for AOS, could I file i-765 along with my i-485 form? Or it's only acceptable when you are close to your graduation? I still have 3-4 years to finish my phd, but I want to appy for EAD along with my green card.

Thanks

Paribahar,
It is advisable to not apply EAD with I 485 on F1 visa. If you get EAD and for some reason AOS process doesn't work out, your F1 status will go and you will be out of status. But its a personal choice. Some members in this forum did apply for EAD while being on F1 visa and some didn't. You have to make that final call. Cheers!!

HiDhruba,

I completed my Biometrics on 4/29/2013. My interview was on 5/22/2013 but IO did not make any decision saying they have not received my original file from National Visa Center due to pending I-131. I contacted USCIS and was told it will take 3 months for I-131 to get approved. That means I have to atleast wait till July 2 ( I-131 submitted on 4/2/13). So I think you are OK. Every Field Office is different. I guess most schedule interview after the process is complete so that decision are made the same day. In my case, it was different. Don know why !!!! I am checking status everyday, and it shows intial review. Hope for the best bud....

Thanks AOS 2013 for the info. Hope everything goes well at your end as well.

In my case, i have not applied for a travel document, it is just I-485. I will wait another week before start calling USCIS and see what happens. Since the way each cases are being handled by USCIS is different, nothing is predictable. I think we just need to have luck on your side. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Hi Guys, something made me confused and worried, my wife won Dv2013 and we are current for July, we are on F1 visa, I know that we should send I-131 and I-765 with I-485 but do their process time cause delay on I-485 or they are separate? I have permission to work in campus right now with my visa, so there is no urgent need for EAD or either travel permit, I am just curious if sending I-485 alone expedites process, do that. Am I right?help please!!

HiDhruba,

Hi AOS2013,
could you tell me in which city your field office is located?

Thank you

Hello guys,

I am doing AOS with my wife and my interview date was 4/24. I forgot to bring the original diploma for my high school education, so I met with the IO on 5/1 and completed the interview. She said that the decision would be made by May, and I checked my status every day but it still shows "Acceptance". Anyone has suggestions for me?

Thanks,

I read on web that GC holder doesn't need EAD card to work, and it's only needed for working when your AOS is pending. Is it right?
with my F1 visa, I'm working as a graduate assistant on campus. So if I file AOS without I-765 what will I lose?

Paribahar,
It is advisable to not apply EAD with I 485 on F1 visa. If you get EAD and for some reason AOS process doesn't work out, your F1 status will go and you will be out of status. But its a personal choice. Some members in this forum did apply for EAD while being on F1 visa and some didn't. You have to make that final call. Cheers!!

Hi Guys, something made me confused and worried, my wife won Dv2013 and we are current for July, we are on F1 visa, I know that we should send I-131 and I-765 with I-485 but do their process time cause delay on I-485 or they are separate? I have permission to work in campus right now with my visa, so there is no urgent need for EAD or either travel permit, I am just curious if sending I-485 alone expedites process, do that. Am I right?help please!!

A person here reported that at their interview their case was not approved because they had a pending Advance Parole and EAD and therefore their GC could not be approved until those form were resolved.

I am leaning towards not filing the additional forms, if they are going to delay the GC.

Generally I-485s take shorter time to approve for DV winners. For EB cases it would be advisable to file for AP and EAP.

It means the letter of confirming you're winner of dv lottery which says what is your case number (with barcode). You need to submit this letter and the AOS letter from KCC in your AOS package.

It means the letter of confirming you're winner of dv lottery which says what is your case number (with barcode). You need to submit this letter and the AOS letter from KCC in your AOS package.

oh in AOS package. See i got confused, i thought i had to send it separately. I dont need to send it separately rit? thanks for clearing that out..

thanks c1984
so you advise to skip that two, because we do not really need them, after approving, GC works as everything!