• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Applicants and Lucky Winners

Hello Powka

Thanks a lot!
I really hope so. Also is it acceptable when the family will support you in the states? Or what is the limit you have to have on the bank account? I was reading about 10'000USD min. What if someone is a student and has basicaly no income? Thanks again

just checked online and I'm a lucky winner... yeeepppepeeee can't beleive it.
number EU000007XX
What to do next, I'm panicking....
I'm already in US on a B2 Visa until end of August.
Should I take an attorney to help??
I don't really understand what to do when I check on the DV website.

Help!!!!;)

Congratulations!!!!You have to have a valid visa until your GC is approved.So I guess you have to extend your visa when you want to stay in the US until your GC is approved.By the way on which day did you enter the lottery?

will I not get in trouble if I extend my visa Knowing that I will have an interview for the GC?
don't remember the day I entered, will check this and let you know if I find it.
I'm still soooo Happy;)

Hello Powka

Thanks a lot!
I really hope so. Also is it acceptable when the family will support you in the states? Or what is the limit you have to have on the bank account? I was reading about 10'000USD min. What if someone is a student and has basicaly no income? Thanks again

That thing about 10000USD is bullshit. You don't need to have that kind of money, but just enough so you can survive for the first month of two being US - that means money for staying somewhere, food, etc. I think 2000USD should be more than enough. And if you have someone in the USA, it would help you a great deal if you get a letter of support from them to show to the interviewer, together with your bank statement. That would make more solid impression. Good luck!

HI Powka

thanks a lot! I got really confused by that. We have friends over there where we can stay with. I am sure they would also support us if needed (well I really think it is not necassary).
I think I can manage USD2000-5000. Thanks a lot for your quick answer it really helped!

quick one anybody
just finished filling form DSP-122, DS-230 and about to mail but what does" using the enclosed self-adhesive return adrees label,mail this form along with form Sent DS-230" mean?
Does it mean add an empty envelope with my address written on it without postal stamp?

hello guys! filling DS-0230 form, n now having some disagreements in instruction, so maybe anybody had/solved this issue:

Line 29 of DS-0230 requires to "list all children", then Line 31of the form requires to specify "Person(s) named in Line 29" who will accompany the applicant to the United States.

Please kindly clarify :

1) Whether the above mentioned lines DS-0230 form mean that any or all children mentioned in Line 29 of the form can become eligible to receive green card once listed in line 31 - even though they were not included in the original DV lottery application as family members due to the age limitation rule (older than 21).

2) Whether there are any limits as relates to the number of children that can be listed in Line 31 of DS-0230 or their marital status as long as they are properly listed in Line 29 of the mentioned form.

Thank you and kind regards

Do we need to send the self addressed label???? There is nothing mentioned in the selectee instructions.

@ Evichevy. It will be better to talk to an attorney, if it u'll need fill any forms or move donw to ur country for the interview. It is better to get a professional advice or you can visit 2011 AOS thread, cos that's where u can get people with such experiences. Gudluck and God bless!

Do we need to send the self addressed label???? There is nothing mentioned in the selectee instructions.

No demand for self-addressed envelop or label. Just download forms Ds230 and Dsp122, fill both out, enclose your barcode page, 2 Passport Photos (2x2 inches) and mail works to KCC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ALL
Could you please tell me what is next step after you got Confirmation Number : 20121xxx
Are you going to send forms and documents ? to where?

Hi ALL
Could you please tell me what is next step after you got Confirmation Number : 20121xxx
Are you going to send forms and documents ? to where?

Which kind of case number is that? Any way go thru this current page and see what to do.

2012 winner...need help asap! just made a BIG mistake

I know this is just unbelievable but I just sent form dsp 122 to Kentucky and I did not sign it!!! I realized it after I had mailed it already! please I need help...has anyone done this before (Im sure Im the only person who would do such a thing!)...should I submit another one or wait for them to return it back to me?

Im gonna be thinking about this the whole weekend!:mad::mad:

I know this is just unbelievable but I just sent form dsp 122 to Kentucky and I did not sign it!!! I realized it after I had mailed it already! please I need help...has anyone done this before (Im sure Im the only person who would do such a thing!)...should I submit another one or wait for them to return it back to me?

Im gonna be thinking about this the whole weekend!:mad::mad:

wait for it to get there and write to them to confirm they have it, and after that u can make ur move.No much worries.They will be the one to tell u what to do.

they changed the message, first it said, "check back shortly" or something like that, now they deleted that part

Ferdii

My Case Number :2012AF00011XXX

I need your directions on how to go about the processing. Hence, i want you to help me with out with the following question.

1. I'd love to know if my case number is current? and when i'm likely to be interviewed.

2. Can i use my Uncle whose resident here in Nigeria as my sponsor/ Petitioner. Will that cause any problem?

3. I have a relation in the US, but my fear is that i don't think he earns much. So i dont want to use him as my sponsor for the Affidavit of support.

4. If i'm going to use my Uncle will i have to include his name on the Petitioner column of the form.

Besides the above raised questions. I have completed and taken care of other things. This is the only thing hindering me. I hope you can advise me on what to do, so that i can mail back the forms to KCC on Monday. Your help will be appreciated.

God Bless You