E-mails in NJ from DHS

GALKR

Registered Users (C)
If any other students in other states got this message please respond here...and NJ students what is happening when u call?

Attention Former Tri-Valley University Students

If you were formerly enrolled as an F-1 student at TVU and have been terminated in SEVIS, please note the following.

SEVP terminated the records of all F-1 students enrolled at TVU as of January 18, 2011. You should call Special Agent XXX. Please be prepared to provide the follow information when you call:

· First and last name

· SEVIS ID#

· Address

· Telephone number where you can be reached

· E-mail address

· Dates of attendance at TVU

· Level and Major of study at TVU

When you call, Special Agent XXX will provide you with your options including the option to depart from the United States without an otherwise possibly applicable bar to re-admission in the future.

If not addressed in a timely manner, this can become a criminal matter and a Warrant of Arrest may be issued. Also, this may affect your future entries into the Unites States.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually in NJ they are sending out e-mail first and asking to come in-person and they are issuing NTA.

Actually in NJ they are sending out e-mail first and asking to come in-person and they are issuing NTA.
Is it.. I didn't get any such mail?.. I am from NJ.. I enrolled 2 days before the raid. My visa was approved 7 days before the raid i.e., on jan 12, 2011. I came here on H4 visa. I didnt use any CPT. Dont know why this ill fate for me.. If they knew they were to shut it down then why did USCIS approve my COS to F1 just 7 days before the raid. I am sick of the uncertainty surrounding this issue. I dont know what is my fault. I'm running from pillar to post aimlessly. I am living daily in fear that some ICE officer might knock on my door anytime. I have already lost thousands of dollars behind this. I joined this university because it was cheaper and today i have ended up losing thousands of dollars with nothing in return..

Is it.. I didn't get any such mail?.. I am from NJ.. I enrolled 2 days before the raid. My visa was approved 7 days before the raid i.e., on jan 12, 2011. I came here on H4 visa. I didnt use any CPT. Dont know why this ill fate for me.. If they knew they were to shut it down then why did USCIS approve my COS to F1 just 7 days before the raid.
Because the investigation and raid was handled by ICE, not USCIS.

I dont know what is my fault.
You signed up with what was very obviously a fraud. You were in the US. You can't use the excuse of "no Internet access." Did you do your due diligence? Did you go to the TVU website? Didn't you notice all the grammatical and spelling errors there? Did you Google the name? You would have found lots and lots of warning signs.

I joined this university because it was cheaper and today i have ended up losing thousands of dollars with nothing in return..
Common sense: If it is too good to be true it most likely is. There is NO cheap education.
Trying to be "cheap" is costing you dearly...

Jo1234,

I did notice the red flags but such red flags do exist in many reputed places as well. For ex- In NJ there is reputed univ. called rutgers state university. In the past six months i have heard two rutger's students commit suicide because of bullying. Isn't this a red flag?.. But people wont stop joining rutgers because someone committed suicide?.. In India, IIT are top most engineering instutions.
Everyone knows that ragging is widely in existence at IITs. This is a red flag. But every year around 1000,000 students aspire to join IIT

Even a reputed company like microsoft is known for unethical competition practices. It is also mentioned in wikipaedia. But still people consider microsoft to be a dream company.
An innovative company like Google is not allowed to operate in China, because china believes some of google's practices to be intrusive. Still people yearn to join Google. I can give you thousands of such examples.

In my experience, every place on earth has a red flag. No establishment is pure and clean.

Moreover, when DSO assures you that everything is as per the law, i believed her. I checked on SEVIS school list. It was approved.

btw, where did i claim that i had no internet access. Why are you spreading lies about me?..

PS: If at all you want to reply, please use decent language in your reply. Your language is quiet offensive. I am not here to plead innocence in front of you.

Jo1234,

I did notice the red flags but such red flags do exist in many reputed places as well.
No, they don't.

For ex- In NJ there is reputed univ. called rutgers state university. In the past six months i have heard two rutger's students commit suicide because of bullying. Isn't this a red flag?..
No, it isn't. It may show that psychological help was missing, but Rutgers is a very well respected university.

But people wont stop joining rutgers because someone committed suicide?.. In India, IIT are top most engineering instutions.
Everyone knows that ragging is widely in existence at IITs. This is a red flag. But every year around 1000,000 students aspire to join IIT
Again, you are comparing apples with oranges.
The red flags with TVU were that no classes were required, I-20 in 5 days, no GRE necessary, etc.
For Rutgers, you need to have a GRE. Rutgers takes months to admit you and give you an I-20. Why? Because they evaluate each application. That's what every real university does.
With TVU, I could probably have gotten an I-20 for my cat.

Even a reputed company like microsoft is known for unethical competition practices. It is also mentioned in wikipaedia. But still people consider microsoft to be a dream company.
And a large part of CS graduates despise MS. You may have heard of Linux. That's eating MS for lunch. It is probably in several devices in your home.

An innovative company like Google is not allowed to operate in China, because china believes some of google's practices to be intrusive.
No, that's not the reason. The reason is that Google doesn't bow to China's demands of censorship.

In my experience, every place on earth has a red flag. No establishment is pure and clean.
But there are different kinds of red flags.

Moreover, when DSO assures you that everything is as per the law, i believed her. I checked on SEVIS school list. It was approved.
So, you checked SEVIS, but you couldn't be bothered to do a simple Google search? The threads about why TVU was a fraud came up right on the first page.
In August and October 2010, TVU students were denied entry.
In December, Ms. Su recorded a Q&A session telling people to not say at the POE that TVU is an online school. That's basically telling people to lie.

btw, where did i claim that i had no internet access. Why are you spreading lies about me?..
A bunch of people used that as an excuse, that the people in India who fell for TVU couldn't find out about the fraudulent nature of TVU. I only pointed out that you don't have such an excuse. A 5-second Google search would have told you that TVU was a fraud. Yet, you didn't do that. So, you only have yourself to blame for the predicament you are in now.

Oh, and finally, if you just wanted to study, you could have done that on H4 just fine. For studying, there is no need to change to F1.
That's also something that's very well known, and a quick Google search would have told you that.
You could even have studied online on H4. Since TVU was never accredited, you would still have spent thousands of dollars for a piece of toilet paper. That would have been stupid, but, per se, not illegal. Nobody prevents people to buy toilet paper for thousands of dollars... If they have too much money burning a hole in their pockets...
But the F1 has certain restrictions.

I am sick of the uncertainty surrounding this issue. I don't know what is my fault. I'm running from pillar to post aimlessly. I am living daily in fear that some ICE officer might knock on my door anytime.

@shradha_123: I am following the other threads and amazed by your analysis on the posts and situations. But, this thread is not you. I would prefer to see the same shradha_123 who analyzes situations and take the best decision from available. Leave the rest, past and dump those comments which just try to throw you down.

After all, life is all about taking decisions/risks and accepting the results. There is no guarantee that a grad from accredited university can find job faster than a grad from non accredited. At least during the time of rescission. But, there is always a good chance for candidate with prior experience to get placed easily. In your case, I assume that you converted to F1 so that you can work in your field of study(field of interest) as an intern/co-op/cpt and gain practical experience which will help you put in front of other applicants by the time you graduate. Companies don't need accreditation to hire.

Same case happened with me. I was a GRA in my school. Since I had GRA, i did not took Co-op for industry work experience. But later, when it came at interviews, employers preferred other candidates over me even though I got great GPA because the other candidates had Co-op experience.

My understanding:

CPT from first day: Illegal for students with initial I20. Those who already have 1 year F1 status, it is legal.

Online classes: We were convinced by DSO that they are not youtube classes which are virtual and repeatable. You miss a session if you did not attend by time.
In short, classes are not online. Classes are live.

TVU web site, 5 second Google: JobFox website looks great. and a 5 second google says it is a scam. Should I believe great content or the 5 second google. Many startup companies indeed do not focus on content of their website. But still, they do good business. In my opinion 5 second google is not a thumb rule.

A student abuses CPT: This is the only real case where a student can be of guilty. Why bother about the remaining students who were in good standing? ICE sure have details about all the students. It did mentioned the student names, their SEVIS numbers on court document. Just put a ban on them as per the defined set of laws. Again, why bother the rest student who were in good standing?

Question:
The school should have a student intake limitation based on infrastructure, number on professors, and the area. TVU would have exceeded the limit two semesters ago. Why would any control was not been made by SEVP?

@shradha_123: I am following the other threads and amazed by your analysis on the posts and situations. But, this thread is not you. I would prefer to see the same shradha_123 who analyzes situations and take the best decision from available. Leave the rest, past and dump those comments which just try to throw you down.

After all, life is all about taking decisions/risks and accepting the results. There is no guarantee that a grad from accredited university can find job faster than a grad from non accredited. At least during the time of rescission. But, there is always a good chance for candidate with prior experience to get placed easily. In your case, I assume that you converted to F1 so that you can work in your field of study(field of interest) as an intern/co-op/cpt and gain practical experience which will help you put in front of other applicants by the time you graduate. Companies don't need accreditation to hire.

Same case happened with me. I was a GRA in my school. Since I had GRA, i did not took Co-op for industry work experience. But later, when it came at interviews, employers preferred other candidates over me even though I got great GPA because the other candidates had Co-op experience.

My understanding:

CPT from first day: Illegal for students with initial I20. Those who already have 1 year F1 status, it is legal.

Online classes: We were convinced by DSO that they are not youtube classes which are virtual and repeatable. You miss a session if you did not attend by time.

TVU web site, 5 second Google: JobFox website looks great. and a 5 second google says it is a scam. Should I believe great content or the 5 second google. Many startup companies indeed do not focus on content of their website. But still, they do good business. In my opinion 5 second google is not a thumb rule.

A student abuses CPT: This is the only real case where a student can be of guilty. Why bother about the remaining students who were in good standing? ICE sure have details about all the students. It did mentioned the student names, their SEVIS numbers on court document. Just put a ban on them as per the defined set of laws. Again, why bother the rest student who were in good standing?

Question:
The school should have a student intake limitation based on infrastructure, number on professors, and the area. TVU would have exceeded the limit two semesters ago. Why would any control was not been made by SEVP?

One of the most balanced analysis till now on TVU issue.

They were accessed through the Internet.
That makes them online.
On F1, you have to actually be in the classroom. Not over the Internet.

Apples and oranges. Startup companies don't offer education nor visas. Educational institutions also have additional requirements. TVU was not allowed to accept new students, by California's BPPE.

Any TVU student who lived outside of normal commuting distance from TVU violated the laws, by not physically attending classes.

No, it isn't. It may show that psychological help was missing, but Rutgers is a very well respected university.
Please check this link http: //abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=7858123

Parents are intending to sue the school. The student was just fine. He didn't have any psychological problem. Based on your line of reasoning, should the school say to parents " You know there was bullying and intrusion here. Couldn't you do a google search. There were red flags. Why did you get your son admitted in this university. It is your fault".

No. i am not.. A red flag is a red flag. There is no need to classify them into different types and single out TVU.

For Rutgers, you need to have a GRE. Rutgers takes months to admit you and give you an I-20. Why? Because they evaluate each application. That's what every real university does.
GRE only measures your mental aptitude. It does not provide your history or intent to attend the school. Even a terrorist can score good marks in GRE.

And a large part of CS graduates despise MS. You may have heard of Linux. That's eating MS for lunch. It is probably in several devices in your home.
As a matter of fact microsoft is a second wealthiest company in the world. Linux is an operating system. Not a company.. Got too confused between apples and oranges is it?

No, that's not the reason. The reason is that Google doesn't bow to China's demands of censorship.
That's China. Like every other country, the government there has the liberty to decide what is right or wrong. When a company is blocked out in an entire country, that is a red flag!!.

But there are different kinds of red flags.
Just another attempt to single out TVU to treat the students like criminals is it?

A 5-second Google search would have told you that TVU was a fraud. Yet, you didn't do that. So, you only have yourself to blame for the predicament you are in now.
Oh yeah! That couldn't tell SEVP that TVU was a fraud is it?.. Why these double standards?..

Oh, and finally, if you just wanted to study, you could have done that on H4 just fine. For studying, there is no need to change to F1.
As per the TVU catalog, it was at my discretion to take online or in-person classes. I wanted to be on F1 because my spouse who is on H1 wanted to temporarily go to India for a few months. If H1 goes to India, H4 cannot continue studying here.

Since TVU was never accredited, you would still have spent thousands of dollars for a piece of toilet paper. That would have been stupid, but, per se, not illegal. Nobody prevents people to buy toilet paper for thousands of dollars... If they have too much money burning a hole in their pockets...
But the F1 has certain restrictions.
They claimed that they had submitted for accredition.

Thanks for your comforting words. I just freaked out with the kind of pressure i was living with. I couldn't handle it any more.. You are right, life is all about taking decisions and accepting risks!!.

Thanks for your comforting words. I just freaked out with the kind of pressure i was living with. I couldn't handle it any more.. You are right, life is all about taking decisions and accepting risks!!.
And not whining about how unfair it is when you have made a wrong decision...
As an adult, you are responsible for your actions, good and bad.

The best thing about human nature is their adaptability to situations. If you understand Digital and Analog, changes in nature is not a pulse wave, it is sinusoidal. You need some time and good support from people around to get back into track.

The worst thing about human nature is to bully over other who are in trouble. and just to prove himself to be heroic or to say, my predictions are right, you did not listen to me and now facing the mess. You shoot your own leg, you dig your self, blah, blah, .... Is simple, they just want to prove their predictions and take the pride to blame the sufferers by all means.

As I said before, just dump down the the negative comments. Take only those comments which build your confidence. Life does not has a reverse gear. You can always start from zero.

Good luck.

As per the TVU catalog, it was at my discretion to take online or in-person classes.
As per the F1 law, it is not.
Some company can not override the laws of this country.

They claimed that they had submitted for accredition.
Yeah and? Anybody can do that.
Getting accreditation is what matters, not filing an application for it.
TVU never had accreditation, and they were by California law not even allowed to accept new students since Jan. 1, 2010.

Joe1234. You work at all? as what? Just curious. Why does a person who is neither involved nor affected by TVU should so actively participate in these public forums? That makes me think... If you claim I'm here to help then what your doing is NOT. And your another claim which has been over all forums that " i have warned you eons ago" has been heard. Few people took your "red flags" and few din't. That few are trying by all norms to get out of it. If you could be of any help then stick around and you can't then your gotta get outta here. One starts a particular topic to get help/share experience and you jump to deviate the discussion. More worse it's the same debate you start all over..."red flags".."trackiit"..."shooting messenger"...Listen, we don't need you as a messenger.Period.

I asked for your profession coz...your posting are all over every 5 mins. Aren't your suppose to dedicate 40hrs for your work? Your not getting paid for this...And if you get paid for this then your abusing your work directly. TVU students abused their work permit and you abused your work..no difference. Let people get some help from each other...

Joe1234. You work at all? as what? Just curious.
I am a software engineer. I write programs, some of which you may actually be using right now...

Why does a person who is neither involved nor affected by TVU should so actively participate in these public forums?
I've explained that all lots and lots of times. Look it up.

If you claim I'm here to help then what your doing is NOT.
Of course it is help. You may not see that, but that doesn't mean that my posts are not helpful.
Eventually you will find out that my posts are helpful.

One starts a particular topic to get help/share experience and you jump to deviate the discussion.
I don't "jump in". It is rather you and people like you who jump in and attack me.

Listen, we don't need you as a messenger.
Who is "we"? Are you a spokesperson of some kind?

I asked for your profession coz...your posting are all over every 5 mins. Aren't your suppose to dedicate 40hrs for your work? Your not getting paid for this...And if you get paid for this then your abusing your work directly. TVU students abused their work permit and you abused your work..no difference. Let people get some help from each other...
Every heard of Internet connection at home?

Checkout the time stamps of your replies on all threads...you do it all day...all night..when do you work...? Funny! You do it middle of your work and sometime do this posting w/o working and claim pay for that...you gotta do some thinking bud ! Like i said TVU abused their work permit and you are abusing your work. I don't see big difference...

I ain't no spokesperson but i can definitely i say people don't have problem with me being around here but they do when your around...not just here...every where.