• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

baobab,

Thank you so much for your consoling words. I finally got the acceptance today after long wait of course.Its really hard to wait...
That's great. That must be such a relief for you. They really took a long time with opening the envelops and going over the documents in the past two weeks. And it is a bit odd that they processed them out of order.

All is well as long things are advancing.

I thought that after we pay the DV AOS fee (440/-) that the case is transferred to the USCIS...Because the 2nd NL specifically states do not contact the KCC your case is now with the USCIS. What does the local USCIS office get from the KCC I wonder... Any idea? Is it the DSP-122 and the fee payment confirmation or our file from the PIMS system?

Hey guys, so I had the biometrics done yesterday and today I was re-reading through the 2010 AOS only and saw some cases when they had the interview but were nor aproved on the spot as the file was not requested by the office in time from KCC. So i decided to call KCC today and ask if our local office requested our file and they said the the file was requested yesterday ( probably after the biometrics) and I also asked about the interview date if they know if it was scheduled and they say that the field office schedules the interview depending on availablety. So fingers crossed and checking my mail every day :)

2011AS00006XXX
05/04/10: NL1 received
05/28/10: Forms sent
06/01/10: Medicals done
07/01/10: NL2 received
08/13/10: Fee sent (440/-)
09/02/10: Receipt received with PAID stamp.
10/06/10: AOS package sent to Chicago
10/07/10: Delivered and signed for by Chiba
10/20/10: NOA received
10/23/10: Biometrics appointment notification received for 11/17

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who have not received your biometrics for an extended period of time, I read a case from 2006 where some guy actually scheduled 4 infopass appointments before getting his biometrics done.. Not sure if that is applicable for the 2011 DV cases, but here is the link (read the AOS section) -

http://devforums.immigrationportal....&chooseEntriesPerPage=&subcatId=130&isSearch=

2011AS00006XXX

Hey guys, so I had the biometrics done yesterday and today I was re-reading through the 2010 AOS only and saw some cases when they had the interview but were nor aproved on the spot as the file was not requested by the office in time from KCC. So i decided to call KCC today and ask if our local office requested our file and they said the the file was requested yesterday ( probably after the biometrics) and I also asked about the interview date if they know if it was scheduled and they say that the field office schedules the interview depending on availablety. So fingers crossed and checking my mail every day :)

Honestly, I was also thinking about that and was planning to call KCC in order to make sure that USCIS requested file or not. However, I planned to do this after I get my interview letter.

Now, I'll do the same thing as you did. After biometrics, on Wednesday I'm gonna call them.

For those of you who have not received your biometrics for an extended period of time, I read a case from 2006 where some guy actually scheduled 4 infopass appointments before getting his biometrics done.. Not sure if that is applicable for the 2011 DV cases, but here is the link (read the AOS section) -

http://devforums.immigrationportal....&chooseEntriesPerPage=&subcatId=130&isSearch=

2011AS00006XXX

Thanks for the heads up... I'll probably make an INFOPass appointment if I still don't get anything after November 8th. The lady at KCC did say NBC have up till 30 days to make the biometrics appointment with the local office... man, that post was quite long ago, hopefully those who did not get their biometrics appointment will get it soon so we don't have to deal with what that guy had to go through 4 years ago!

OH MY GOOOOOD EVERYONE!! I got my appointment for INTERVIEW and BIOMETRICS together!!! The odd part is that my biometrics is 1 day after my interview so I'll have to schedule an appointment with my lawyer to find out if I can go earlier for my biometrics next Monday.

The wait was worth it!

Who had possitive TB skin test?
How many hours later does red dot increse if TB possitive?

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY GOOOOOD EVERYONE!! I got my appointment for INTERVIEW and BIOMETRICS together!!! The odd part is that my biometrics is 1 day after my interview so I'll have to schedule an appointment with my lawyer to find out if I can go earlier for my biometrics next Monday.

The wait was worth it!

That is super cool:) Good luck!

Who had possitive TB skin test?

I had positive skin test, but if you go ahead with the blood test it will most like come out negative. The doctor told me most asian has false positive with skin tests so if the doctor was good, he/she would request for the blood test right from the beginning.

The wait was worth it!

Hey Congratulations, that's WONDERFUL news.

I had positive skin test, but if you go ahead with the blood test it will most like come out negative. The doctor told me most asian has false positive with skin tests so if the doctor was good, he/she would request for the blood test right from the beginning.

if you don't mind, can you share what's in interview letter?

The wait was worth it!

That's wonderful news obl.
I hope you have a smooth interview.

Hey onebowlofalaska: what docs do they ask for in the letter? Does it mentions about the affidavit of support or tax documents, please share..Had you sent W2s with your AOS packet?

The wait was worth it!

onebowloflaksa,
congrats!
if you can do bio earlier will be good ... some of us went for walk-in bio. but give a good reason for doing so. also try the afternoons, tend to be less busy. but if you have to do it after the interview, it should be fine too. call kcc and check whether your file has been transferred to your local field office. things will move faster when your fo has all your files.

DV AOS Interview letter

if you don't mind, can you share what's in interview letter?

This was attached to the interview notice (the interview notice simply states office location/date and hour)

Items to bring:
  1. Valid photo ID
  2. Passport
  3. Original copies of documents when photocopies were submitted with the application
  4. Original copy and a photocopy of marriage cert (if married)
  5. Original copy and photocopy of dissolution of prior marrage (if applicable)
  6. Original copy of birth cert
  7. Original copy and photo of children's birth cert (if applicable)
  8. Current employment letter (or evidence of self-employment) showing beginning date of employment, type of work, and salary or wages paid or evidence of source of income
  9. Copies of most recent three years income tax returns including W-2s (if applicable)
  10. Notarized I-134 with all supporting documents - (if applicant is unemployed, including minor children). Sponsor must be at least 18 years old and a US citizen or legal permanent resident (proof of such status must be submitted with form.
  11. Original copy of the visa fee receipt from National Visa Center (NVC)
  12. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status (if not previously submitted with the I-485 application)
  13. Any documents related to the application and the benefit being sought

I will have to speak with my attorney next week to find out exactly what I need and update again.

Thanks leongsce, planning to do exactly that next week... I hope they allow me to do a walk-in, anyone have any 'good reasons' to share? I'm scared they will not allow me in since my biometrics date does not match.