• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hello everyone,
I am still waiting for my text and email. And my cheques has not been cashed yet, even though my paperwork is already there (delivered on September 30).
My question is following, how do they know our email addresses and cell phone numbers? Do they get them from our DS-230?
Thank you!

Did you place Form G-1145 on top of your AOS packet sent to Chicago Lockbox? There you need to provide your telephone and email. If you did not, do not worry,
they will mail NOA by regular mail from USPS within couple weeks time.

By the way, you were supposed to send your AOS packet only starting October 1, 2010. Hope they will not make an issue out of 30th delivery. Goodluck! What is you CN range?

Hello everyone,
I am still waiting for my text and email. And my cheques has not been cashed yet, even though my paperwork is already there (delivered on September 30).
My question is following, how do they know our email addresses and cell phone numbers? Do they get them from our DS-230?
Thank you!

Thank you for the clarification. I know that I was supposed to submit it only on October 1. The post office, unfortunately, is too fast. My number is 2011EU00002***.
Hopefully, everything is going to be ok. They did not send my paperworks back. So, I hope for the best.
I really appreciate your help.

hi izzy

Khayat,

I apologize for asking this so late in this whole process but I just can't get over my curiosity over your gender (plus all the others)...LOL since you know there has been much confusion lately...I would like to think that you are a guy but I may be wrong...I just wanted to get to know my pals better...so, so far i think:
Tuscany is a guy (90% positive)
Feel is a guy (100% positive)
Natta is a gal (100% positive) :D
sundaram is a guy (90%)
Lucky is a guy (50%)...sorry :(
keepkeep is a guy (not sure)...:(
Frenchie is a guy (90%)
nncu is a gal (50%)
zahidal is a guy...
dalerpulatov (I have no idea)...
reptile (guy?)
umuteren (guy?)
and anyone else I missed...please let us know, I can only remember a handful at this time....

Sorry, if its too personal for a question but I just wanted to be able to address a person correctly...

Hope y'all don't mind...:) :) :)
I am a guy :) its a great job to organize a list. My number is 139xx so I am hoping to be current in January. Congrats to all who are currents already...

Umuteren,
So, that means we have to verify our diploma's US equivalence even if we are pursuing higher studies here. But last year nobody talked about this in the forum..
Hi feel,
That was he told me and he is 2010 winner, who I know from my work. He did AOS in NJ, so it may change according to field office as well. However, as I wrote before, I never heard of such thing in forums.
P.S he did AOS last year, but he had no idea about the how to be current or when and where I should send the documents. So , he is not really trustworthy on these matters, I guess

Anyone in the west coast that received NOA receipt?

Just wondering if anyone from the west coast received their NOA receipt from the Chicago office yet? so I can estimate the time frame that it takes for the notices to arrive (where I'm at)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Coramdeos,

If they wanted to reject or return your package, most probably you would have had it by now. So do not stress yourself over it. Even if they do return it, no biggy, you cans send it back right away.

Thank you for the clarification. I know that I was supposed to submit it only on October 1. The post office, unfortunately, is too fast. My number is 2011EU00002***.
Hopefully, everything is going to be ok. They did not send my paperworks back. So, I hope for the best.
I really appreciate your help.

yes feel,
mention your home country and if you have any other citizenships, you have to mention those too.

Under "Citizenship/Nationality" field on Form G325-A,is it OK just to mention the name of country of citizenship. Please share your experience.

if you had the e-notification clipped to the i-485, most probably you will get the acceptance confirmation by the end of the week visa email or txt. That is assuming that everything has been complete in you package. about 3-4 days after txt you will get NOAs. Does not matter where you live.

good luck

Just wondering if anyone from the west coast received their NOA receipt from the Chicago office yet? so I can estimate the time frame that it takes for the notices to arrive (where I'm at)...

Thanks Izzy!!

This is very very helpful for anyone pondering CP/AOS switch..
Very annoying that I already got the medicals done here in US and that they don't trust their own US doctors and have to redo but OK... whatever it takes.

Sorry if this is way out of scope for this thread , but any hard facts ( I really tried to find it! ) on how recent the police report must be? 6 , 11 months old ok , or get most recent?

Thanks for any hints - good luck to all of you who are already in the process.

jfk,

For AoS Adjustees, medicals need to be done by a USCIS designated Civil Surgeon while those applying for Immigrant Visa abroad (CP) need to go to Panel Physician. Following is a quote from the DOS website:

Can the medical examination take place in the United States if the applicant is pursuing a visa application abroad while physically present in the United States? Visa medical examinations may not be conducted in the United States. An alien pursuing a visa application abroad while physically present in the United States must have the medical examination conducted by a panel physician approved by the visa issuing U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

can I adjust for status when my H1B has expired but my H1B extension I129 has been accepted ?

Hi

Does anyone know if I can adjust for status (I won 2011 diversity lottery case # 2011xxxxxxx) if my H1B has expired but my H1B extension I129 has been filed and it's in a 'initial review' status. The lawyer said I can work legally for another 240 days from Oct 2010.

rco

I was also in the same boat like you. But just got my h1 extension approval. You will be able to do AOS. As long as you are legally staying here you should be fine. Can you please add your information in your signature so that we can help you better? From your case number it is not clear in which month you are current.

Thanks