Indian visa after us citizen

indian visa for asylees.

Hi twinkle twinke
I have read in punjabi news dated Aug 27- Sep 03 issue, that north american punjabi assosiation have met consulate general of SF, and CG of SF have given her verbal statement to this group of people that no hurdles are created for political asylum people for issuing of passports or visas if an applicant fullfils the paper work requirements. she also further added to her remarks that if anyone has problems in getting visas they can contact her by letter or mail.
This is really a good news for all asylum status categories seeking for indian visa if she really mean what she commented. By the way what is your status on your visa preecdings- please let us know your updates/ Good luck to all visa seekers- Deg Teg Fateh, subh karman te kabhu na daro.

hi kamla jatt.. that is a very positive news..well my status shows paperwork recevied by indian consulate. thats the last update.i was not missing any single paperwork.Upon asking to the consulate officer that if i am missing any paperwork he stated "not at all your application is complete" then i asked then wat is the problem , he said, "there is no problem from ur side its our internal office problem and sorry we cant give you visa right now" but he said dont worry its not a big problem and i will take care of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
indian visa for asylees.

Hi Twinkle Twinkle,
My wife has just braught this paper form local indian grocery store and it names as Weekly punjab News. This news is the main head news of the paper right there on the front page in bold letters, and some other papers also like Hindu Times also. Anyhow the main contents of the repots is difficulties in getting visas especially for asylum seekers. There was a straight question asked by North American Punjabi Association workers on why they are refusing visas to asylum status categories- and Ms. CG of SF says as long as there is complete paperwork visas are not denied to any asylum category. I don't know how far it is true or not but these are her exact wordings according to the report published in these newspapers, she also emphasized on contacting her by letter or mail if some one in this regard is experiencing any problems. Let's see if Indian govt. and there diplomats will stick to their words.

wat i seen the trends is that they r not denying visas nor giving out visas they just taking the application n piling at one side n there is indefinate wait!!

Hmm, it's an interesting situation. Are you all in San Francisco? I'm in New York, where he requirements are not as stringent, so when I end up applying for a visa, I wonder how it will turn out.

There is also an appeal done by North american Punabi assosiation in report- that if any body is facing difficulties in getting visa in this regard they could contact with full details to NAPA office. If all of us are facing difficulties from SF consulate- we should candidly Write to NAPA with full details- so they can fight on our behalf............. "Nichey kar apni jeet karo"

indian visa in one day..!

i am seeing ppl still hesitate to share their experience with indian visa.
anyways
here is my own most recent experience .
i got my five year entry visa approved just in one day from washington DC embassy..
FYI, i had my indian passport.
they didn't ask me for green card copy nor did i submit one.
i just followed the requirements on thier website.
hope this gives you some good relief.

And they didn't ask you why your passport had no stamp showing you were admitted as an LPR? Did you admit to being an asylee?

hi there, i need help i am going to apply for india visa but i am an asylee ..i have no stamp on my indian passport but as per their new rules we need to show them a stamped passport or green card ...so i'm confused if i send them my green card copy will they find out about my asylee status and refuse visa? i have indian passport though ...i am going to apply at san francisco location ..i have visited india in 2007 and i just became citizen ...any advice plz...

answer to cafe...no !
to jiaa
of course sanfrans will ask you for your status and copy of green card. but acording to recent statement by consulate general (in punjab news or hindu times) she doesn,t care abt asylum status as long as paperwork is complete they will issue visa. pls refer to front page news in above paper current issue.

HI Twinkle Twinkle,
Any update or progress in your case, after all the statemnets are given by CG of SF, there should be a visa ready for all asylees........ but I contacted my cousine on his visa status after the news- his case is still pending, how about you? I am feeling pity on him as this guy is postponing his marriage date from last two and half months. May God bless SF diplomats with some mercy.

no news frm my side..give ur cousin some support frm my side.. As i also postponed my wedding lol!! but really CG made her mind not to give visas to A status n wants clearance frm india n there is no processing time..our files r piled somewhere on indian desk!! n who knows when they ll get to it!!!

Hi Twinkle,
Yeah, I completely understand how you are feeling about it. But I don,t understand why our politicians and our diplomats don't stop giving false statements- why can't they say we are not going visas to A status and will harrass them unless they pay us fat capitation. why can't they say it honestly. why they mislead a nation of 1 billion and now they think they can fool us NRI's with their same petty old tricks- Rascals.

Paramvir1, could you tell us how you first entered the country? What sort of visa do you have? Obviously you have no AOS stamp, right?

Hello All Asylees

My friend whole family got OCI in 2006 from SF consulate. He is an asylee and his wife and family derivative asylee. I somehow managed to get this copy of letter below. We need to take this fight in our hands and not depend on this babus of SF consulate. Based on this letter each one of us, our friends, our family members and relatives must send copied letter to the Secretary of DHS, to our CA senator Barbara Boxer and to our local Congressman. We are now US citizens and help is available specially when it comes to Human Rights and discrimination. I am also planning to write to Obama so that he can discuss this matter when he visits India this November. USA takes Human Rights and Discrimination very seriously. Please send all these letters within the next 7 days so to create a strong impact:

Secretary Janet Napolitano
Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Washington, DC 20528

September 1, 2010

RE: Discrimination based on Asylum codes

Dear Secretary of Homeland Security

Recently there have been cases reported to us that the Indian Consulate in San Francisco is denying visas to US citizens of Indian Origin based on the asylum codes. The issuance of Indian Visas is the sole prerogative of the consulate and we do not want to interfere in their decision making process.

The consulate is requesting all visa applicants of Indian Origin to submit copies as per the link below:

cgisf.org/visa/visa.html

Copies of documents like Green Card/EAD/I-130 and the Indian Passport on which first entered USA at the time of naturalization required in support of our applications can be obtained by request from USCIS under the freedom of Information ACT.

These documents have codes (AS6, EB2, B1/B2, H1, etc.) only to be interpreted by US Government officials. These codes are being used to discriminate US citizens and US residents who have sought asylum. These are the people who had left their home countries because of an immediate threat to their lives based on their caste, religious belief, Honor Killings, etc. The only reason they came to USA was to LIVE in peace. There are times they need to visit their country of birth for their old ailing parents/friends or relatives and for other impending religious, social/cultural purposes. Many of these people have been detained at Indian airports because of these category codes, tortured and forced to pay handsome amount of US dollars to be freed.

We have some recommendations for your USCIS department but I am confident that your officials will have better solutions to end this discrimination:

1. The above documents like Green Card/EAD/I-130 and US Visas should not carry these category codes in Print. These codes should be changed and embedded in the magnetic/electronic strip only to be decoded by US government officials.
2. If any US citizen makes request for a copy of above documents under FOIA, the copy provided by the USCIS should have these category codes defaced.
3. The law which makes it punishable to make copies of Naturalization Certificate, GC, EAD, I-130 except for US government purposes should be implemented.

Your sincere thought and help will be highly appreciated by the human society.

Sincerely

Vice President – Pacific Region
American Desi Rehabilitation

no news frm my side..give ur cousin some support frm my side.. As i also postponed my wedding lol!! but really CG made her mind not to give visas to A status n wants clearance frm india n there is no processing time..our files r piled somewhere on indian desk!! n who knows when they ll get to it!!!

Visa for asyless

HI JIM
i AM WITH YOU AND WILL SUPPORT THE EFFORTS YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE HERE. i WILL REQUEST ALL OF MY AQUIANTENCES TO SEND THIS LETTER TO DHS- SO THAT SF, DIPLOMATS SHOULD KNOW NOT TO USE U.S. DOCUMENTS AGAINST THEIR OWN U.S. CITIZENS- UGLY DISCRIMINATORS.