I am no Terrorist, any advice?

hi

HI if u dont mind can i know from where u got that information ? is this news is in some papers or so? if u can give more detail its really appreciable.

Hi all,

Here is new information I got from leading experts on the issue of inadmissibility due to material support of a Tier III terrorist organization. It provides some hope that there will soon be movement on the I-485 Applications for Adjustment of Status that are on hold pending a determination of material support issues.
We've been told that DHS is actively considering 12 Tier III groups to designate for exemption authority, and that they're looking at the Tier III groups that affect the largest number of individuals on hold first. They're hoping to start designating some more Tier III groups for exemptions in September. The Administration has said that ½ of the cases on hold will be resolved by the end of this calendar year, and that ALL of the cases on hold will be resolved by the end of 2011. They keep repeating this, although I'm not sure how they will meet this goal. It is the first commitment on timing we've had from them, so maybe we'll see some progress soon.

hi HBA, where did you find that information? i don't think it's coming out of vaid source, im sorry.. such exact predictions (12 groups will be exempted , 1/2 will be solved till the end of this year, most will be resolved by 2011) can be only made by the spokesman/woman or head of DHS or USCIS. thats like if they already have a plan and and rampantly waivig the cases which is not the case cuz while 10 get added 1 get out of hold , i've been following this thread for almost a year now.. I don't know if you have read previous posts, but a gentleman and few of his friends confirmed that they heard from the head of USCIS for Colorad and sorrrounding states that these holds will be removed in 2-3 months and that was in the beg of April of this year.. obviously nothing like that happened and our hopes crashed only.. i hope you're right, and i dont mean to prove you wrong or anything either.. i just want to know the facts.. how can we be sure that it's not some kind of rumor .. again.. i hope you're right and i don't mean to prove you wrong..

I got the information from Melanie Nezer of the the Hebrew Immigration Aid Society. we should stay positive!!!

I know 1 of them personally, the second case was shared in this thread, the third, I heard from a local church.

Filing a Writ of Mandamus is the only way to go, well of course, unless you're fooling yourself with all this "there's hope" nonsense. Everyone will be approved but it might take 2,3,5 or even 10 years. Good for those who're willing to wait. Else, I'd urge everyone to take some steps.

And by the way, making an inquiry or writing to senators won't help. They won't give a crap about you with this being an election year. They've got their own personal interests to take care of. You need to take on the INS yourself and the only way you can do it is by filing a Writ of Mandamus.

However, it depends on each of us on an individual level. A lot of my compatriots belong to a political party that 99% of fellow countryment (asylees) belong to. So, this basically shows the inconsistency and ridiculousness on the part of the INS.

Further, Cortaidus didn't get his I-730 approved due to his wife's hold while I did, despite my father's hold. This is a joke, isn't it?

Hence, I've already moved forward and contacted the DC Attorney and I've also started making inquiries around this area.

I'm reading all this and can't believe ...you guys wait for decade or longer to get permanent residency after asylum was granted ???
that's pure madness.. friend of mine got asylum in France and within 3 years he applied for french citizenship after he got approved for asylum (he got approved after about 8 months )so all in all he was citizen after about 4 years in the system

guys has any one gotten a chance to speak with the Lutheran services about their take on this I have been trying to call them no responce

Bill s.3113

Hi guys , what happen to this Bill? Does any one know?

The Library of Congress > THOMAS Home > Bills, Resolutions > Search Results
Bill Summary & Status
111th Congress (2009 - 2010)
S.3113
CRS Summary

S.3113
Title: Refugee Protection Act of 2010
Sponsor: Sen Leahy, Patrick J. [VT] (introduced 3/15/2010) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 5/19/2010 Senate committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Committee on the Judiciary. Hearings held.
Revises the definition of terrorist activity for purposes of alien inadmissibility. Excludes coerced activity from such definition[/SIZE].
Revises: (1) the definition of refugee; and (2) the criteria for granting asylum.
Authorizes the Attorney General to appoint counsel to represent an alien in a removal proceeding.
Prohibits an alien from being removed during the 30-day petition for review period unless the alien indicates in writing that he or she wishes to be removed before the expiration of such period.
Makes discretionary certain currently required detention provisions regarding arriving aliens who request asylum.
Directs the Secretary of Homeland Security (DHS) to: (1) establish a secure alternatives to detention program; (2) establish specified conditions of detention; (3) file notice of immigration charges with the court and the individual within 48 hours of detention; and (4) establish procedures to ensure the accuracy of statements taken by DHS employees exercising expedited removal authority.
Authorizes the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom to conduct a study to determine whether certain immigration officers are properly handling asylum and removal/detention authority with regard to aliens apprehended after entering the United States.
Eliminates the one-year waiting period before a refugee or asylee may petition for permanent legal resident status.
Exempts aliens under the age of 18 from certain restrictions on applying for asylum.
Permits applicants for refugee admission to simultaneously pursue other forms of admission.
Authorizes the spouse or child of a refugee or asylee to bring his or her accompanying or following child into the United States as a refugee or asylee.
States that if the President does not issue a refugee allocation determination before the beginning of a fiscal year the number of refugees that may be admitted in each quarter shall be 25% of the number of refugees admissible during the previous fiscal year.
Authorizes the Secretary of State to designate certain groups as eligible for expedited refugee adjudication.
Directs the Secretary of State to notify Congress regarding the amount of funds that will be provided in Reception and Placement Grants in the coming fiscal year.
Authorizes the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to make grants to nonprofit organizations to assist refugees in obtaining immigration benefits.
Sets forth protections for: (1) aliens interdicted at sea; and (2) stateless persons in the United States.

Bill s.3113

it takes months,sometimes years before a bill becomes a law,somethimes a bill might never get out of the commities,in that case,it dies. S.3113 was just intruduced about three months a ago.

Bill s.3113

it takes months,sometimes years before a bill becomes a law,somethimes a bill might never get out of the commities,in that case,it dies. S.3113 was just intruduced about three months a ago.
Ok thank you!!:cool:

Ladies and gents, again, you're fooling yourself if you think everything's gonna work out as you wished. It might take 3-4 or 10 years before each of us gets approved.

Start acting. File for Writ of Mandamus. Do something!

Ladies and gents, again, you're fooling yourself if you think everything's gonna work out as you wished. It might take 3-4 or 10 years before each of us gets approved.

Start acting. File for Writ of Mandamus. Do something!

hello all , i was approved asylum in CA then i moved to TX so i filed my GC on the basis of asylum in TSC. i filed for me and my wife on may 8 and received the NOA on may 18 and all this time i didn't receive any thing from USCIS and i called them after 30 days of NOA just to inquire about my biometrics but after few days they send a letter on my wife name saying that TSC is waiting for available date in local ASC office for fingerprint and it might take up to 3 months and again after few days from that i got my letter saying that the reason your case is taking longer is :we have to perform additional review on this case ". so i was just wondering what does that mean,FYI i m principal asylee and my wife is derivative asylee.

so my concern is am i rushing too much or there is something going on or do i need to do something from my side,

Any thoughts or inputs will be highly appreciated thanks a bunch

Mourinho, have patience. It is only two months. You have to give them at least a year, assuming everything goes well and the USCIS doesn't put you on the hold list. The.Walker, most of us do not have the money to file for Writ of Mandamus. No one is taking away our asylum status: we are working, we can travel with travel documents, and most of all we are free to express our rights within constitutional boundary. Eventuality, we will get our GCs and be US citizens someday. In the mean time, we have to be patient and just work with advocacy groups and deal with this huge issue. It is risky to have to go through Writ of Mandamus (to force the USCIS to decide on our case). On the other hand, if you have money to burn, go ahead and force the USCIS to decide on your case. The.Walker claims that he knows three people who were successful in using the Writ of Mandamus, I do also know quite a few people whose cases is now stuck in the courts because the courts decide not to force the the USCIS to adjudicate the cases, rather, to followup with the courts on how they are clearing the Tier III organizations. That will take time. Mind you guys, the country is fighting terrorism, and if they think that we " appear to be inadmissible because of terrorist grounds", it will take time and forcing the USCIS to decide is very unpopular idea. The political wind is not in our favor. Just be a good and productive member of the society and our cases will be adjudicated sometime in the future.

Mourinho, have patience. It is only two months. You have to give them at least a year, assuming everything goes well and the USCIS doesn't put you on the hold list. The.Walker, most of us do not have the money to file for Writ of Mandamus. No one is taking away our asylum status: we are working, we can travel with travel documents, and most of all we are free to express our rights within constitutional boundary. Eventuality, we will get our GCs and be US citizens someday. In the mean time, we have to be patient and just work with advocacy groups and deal with this huge issue. It is risky to have to go through Writ of Mandamus (to force the USCIS to decide on our case). On the other hand, if you have money to burn, go ahead and force the USCIS to decide on your case. The.Walker claims that he knows three people who were successful in using the Writ of Mandamus, I do also know quite a few people whose cases is now stuck in the courts because the courts decide not to force the the USCIS to adjudicate the cases, rather, to followup with the courts on how they are clearing the Tier III organizations. That will take time. Mind you guys, the country is fighting terrorism, and if they think that we " appear to be inadmissible because of terrorist grounds", it will take time and forcing the USCIS to decide is very unpopular idea. The political wind is not in our favor. Just be a good and productive member of the society and our cases will be adjudicated sometime in the future.

You may be right but what if your country's political conditions changes, the whole world will change in time, lets say those who file asylum today are put on hold for 10 years and after 10 years USCIS can say that you do not have any more fear of persecution as the government in your country changed and we are not approving your I-485.
Just a thought can any one answer if USCIS can do that on pending I-485 or not.

Someone needs to tell Selam_all that there's a big gap of level of difference between an asylum status and Permanent residency. Just because you get to work doesn't mean a whole lot. But if that's what makes you happy, then fine. Btw, I don't think this thread is meant for people like you who are happy to wait and watch. Its for people who've been separated from their family members currently living in COP or for people like Coraidus whose wife is already here but he's still having to maintain his status as a F-1 visa holder just for the sake of it.

Hecate, you are right! Asylum status is conditional in that, if the USA government determined that your country of persecution is safe, they can send you back home. That is very unlikely, though. I still have to come with that scenario yet. This will happen when your are applying for asylum and suddenly there is a change of country situation. This will happen if the change in your country happen to be just before your asylum hearing and was discovered and is material in your case. That can derail your asylum case. You asylum will be denied and you have to go through appeals process, which will take a lot of time and money, before you will get deported. Once you get asylum status, it is very rare that the government will try to deport you to your home country. Unless of course you are stupid enough to commit some offenses that will make you inadmissible and deportation proceeding will ensue. Other than that, there is not much difference between a GC holder and an aslyee when it comes to benefits. Of course, you have the peace of mind of GC holder and that you may apply for Citizen within 5 years.

BTW, The.Walker, you don't decide who belongs in this group! Anyone is welcome. Remember this is a free country where anyone can express their ideas freely! Again, I am going to stress to those asylees who are affected by the 212a3b hold, if you have money to burn, go a head file for Writ of Mandamus. It is not cheap at all. We can't fight this as individuals, we need to fight this as a group. It is the law's application where the problem is. It has nothing to do with us individually. Good luck to everyone and be patient!