I am no Terrorist, any advice?

hello, everyone

Im glad i was able to join this forum finally, my wife filed an i 730 in 2005, after numerous enquiries i finally received that 212 b/s. i came to this country when i was 19 i have never been involved in any politics in my country. i come from a country which is not any where near the terrorist list of countries, why they put my name on that list is a big mistery. my case was filed with the Texas service center. In January of this year i received a letter from Texas telling me that my case was transfered to Nebraska, i made an inquiry this week and was told my case is in Texas. i have a lawyer who has already prepared a mundamus. i live on hope everyday

Hope57, what country are you from? i am also waiting for my i730 since last year. i think you and i are on the same boat. btw, it's not you , it's your wife's political affiliation why you case is on hold..

It is the law!

If your political asylum is bases on membership to an opposition party, current or past, or you are derivative aslyee( based on your spouse) you are out of lack. Most, if not all, opposition parties are considered terrorist organizations. Remember guys, these opposition parties are not against the United States of America, and some are even supported, currently or in the past, by the USA. That is why the law doesn't make sense. It was merely implemented out of fear of foreigners. One of the former DHS official said " It is better to err that give these immigrants a green card". Green card and citizenship is not a green light for us to commit terrorism: it is an opportunity for us to be part of the melting pot, beautiful and democratic county. Let's not cloud our judgment based on emotions.

Denial of a visa( green card) is not going to stop a would-be terrorist. There are those who commit terrorism who are American citizens. As most experts would tell you the main root of terrorism is lack of democracy and lack of opportunity in the countries who import terrorism. Now if the asylees and refugees are denied opportunities to participate in the American democratic dream, wouldn't that drive them away and be easy targets to be recruited as terrorists. I see a lot of people are frustrated that they want to leave this country. But, where to? We want to stay here and be productive members of our communities. Most of us are doing that already!!!

To the leaders of congress and to anyone who can listen, stop this stupid and unconstitutional law that is very counterproductive to what we preach as freedom.

Talk about shooting an arrow in complete darkness....

Who is that post directed to Selam_all? I'd rather write to a Senator to be quite honest. You're right, if the ones put on hold were real or would-be terrorists then everyone would be busy plotting bomb attacks or something else instead of spending 2-3 hours on this forum everyday.

I spoke with hopeforbest , he is frustrated from the meeting but he heared from the immigration official there are new exemptions which are distributed to the service centers. He didn't know ( the official) what parties or countries are exempted but he will work on a memorandum to be released from DC headquarter . In short there is nothing confirmed so far .

Guys I suggest opening a new thread for head count for the lawsuit , to discuss about it and post the form in it so we can make it easier for others to find it on google search and join it , what do you think guys ?

Guys I suggest opening a new thread for head count for the lawsuit , to discuss about it and post the form in it so we can make it easier for others to find it on google search and join it , what do you think guys ?

I thinks this is a wise idea,the more people sign up,the better,my guess is Mr. Thomas is going to be selective based on our answers in the form.

I'd urge everyone to stop speculating and playing all this guessing game.

If you want USCIS to take an action, you NEED to work to ensure that they're forced to open your files. All this, keep patience, they're working on it, give them time is going to lead us nowhere. Of course, if all your family members are here, you need not worry as much but this is driving me insane. I've graduated college and I have absolutely NO desire , no interest, no enthusiasm to find a job or do anything. It just doesn't occur my mind at all.

Its been 5 years since I saw my family. How long are we supposed to wait for this ordeal to get solved?

So, I'd like to urge everyone to act now. Fill out the form and submit it to the DC attorney. Don't think about the cost. Think about the results and benefits.

I can assure you, the only way these people at USCIS are going to act is only if they are "ordered" to take an action. They aren't going to open your file. Randomly, or if luck were to favor you, you might get your cases approved but bear in mind, there are over 7,000 cases on hold with more people being handed these ridiculous holds week after another.

When will your turn come?

They're illogical. They're inconsistent and they don't give a crap about us.

Consider this - Cortaidus had his I730 filed by his wife. He didn't get approved because of his wife's hold. My I730 got approved, despite my dad being handed this ridiculous nonsense. Further, we belong to same political party in the same country.

That's not it all. Thousands of people from our country have filed for asylum and more than 99% represent same political party. Very few unlucky ones get handed these holds. What sort of nonsense and illogical behavior is this? What about Nepaliasylee who got informed that he was wrongfully placed on hold. wtf was that? How can they mess with people's lives like this?

When you make an inquiry, more often than not, these clowns send the same bullshit. Today, they might send "actively processing and give us 6 months" nonsense to Mr. ABC, the very day, they will send the same shit to Miss. XYZ. They alter things and their messages. They try to assure us but nobody gives a f***. So if you're gonna play this waiting game, good for you. Many of us have had enough. Like someone has already said, if we were real terrorists, we'd be planning on engaging in terrorism related activities, not spending 2-3 hours in here!

I've literally spent more than 2 hours/day on an average over the past 12 months in this forum!

So again, please! for the love of god. Time has come. Don't fool yourself. Those who work to ensure that USCIS opened their files and INDEED processed their applications actively might get lucky. Those who wanna wait, you might be waiting for 4,5,6 or even 10 years.

http://www.rcusa.org/uploads/pdfs/ms-backgrd-admisprog3-27-07.pdf [URL="http://www.uscis.gov/USCI...ise_Authority_Section_212(d)(3)(B)(i)_INA.pdf
above is the progress made from 2004 up to 2007, below is the latest progress made , you judge for your self when your case will be opened ? may be after spending all your productive years in this hold ?? some people in this forum came here at 30 year old now they are 47 years old but never got their inadmissability lifted.The .Walker is absolutely right if we keep silent don't expect others to speak up for you, if we wait for the RPA 2010 then be ready to wait for some more time.I think what we facing is another chapter of discrimination towards asylees/refugees I am waiting no more.join the headcount if it is hard for you now dont do it as it may get HARDER later when we launche the suit.
http://forums.immigration.com/showt...-asylees-refugees-potential-lawsuit-headcount

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
You were so active in this forum for ur GC. Now u r quiet to involve in law suit. What happened? Did u get ur GC?
Did you ever figure what was different in their application than yours, I have the same problem all my friends lived in LA and I moved to Virginia so I filed at Nebraska and they file in I think Texas, they have got their citizenship since long, and here I am, last time we had a gathering was a while back, but at that time I was not told about 212 a 3 b and every one told me I will get it sooner or later, now hard to find them after so many years since I moved out of California.

hello,
everybody,

any updates new from Mr. Thomas. Give me more information what he responds for our cases. Did anyone get any information from him?

have not heard from him
any updates new from Mr. Thomas. Give me more information what he responds for our cases. Did anyone get any information from him?