K-1 (I-134) Question

carpediembaby

My fiance and I are applying for him to come to the states to be with me on the K-1 visa. However, I'm not certain that my income will be enough to allow him to enter the country, but we will be living with my mother until he is able to get a job himself to help support us.

Is only the petitioner allowed to fill out the I-134 financial support form, or can we send in a form for both working members of the household?

Thank you so much!

You must be the primary sponsor for the I-134. However, if your income is insufficient to meet the required amount, then you may also use a co-sponsor (they will fill out an I-134 also) to help you meet the shortfall.
Provided your mother is a US citizen or a Green Card holder and earns enough to meet this shortfall, then she can be used as the co-sponsor :)

No!!!
The I-134 is not needed until the interview. DO NOT include it with the I-129F petition. Instead, when the I-129F is approved, you will need to send the notorized I-134s (one from you and one from your mother) to our fiance along with the supporting documents for each of you (proof of filing tax returns, letter from employer stating how long you've been employed and your yearly salary etc). You fiance will present these to the interviewing officer during the interview at the consulate.

hi I am a uk citizen engaged to a usa resident my question is my fiancé lives with her mothers boyfriend, her two children and two blood related uncles. They are all claimed on taxes by her mothers boyfriend since they all live together. She does not file taxes has she has no income. So, my question is could her mothers boyfriend be a household member or not? He does not make enough to be a joint sponsor so that is out of the question. Since he claimed everyone on his taxes would he be a household member or not? hope you can help me

hi I am a uk citizen engaged to a usa resident my question is my fiancé lives with her mothers boyfriend, her two children and two blood related uncles. They are all claimed on taxes by her mothers boyfriend since they all live together. She does not file taxes has she has no income. So, my question is could her mothers boyfriend be a household member or not? He does not make enough to be a joint sponsor so that is out of the question. Since he claimed everyone on his taxes would he be a household member or not? hope you can help me

Duplicating the same post over several threads is considered spamming. You already have an existing thread for this post. You need to exercise some patience until someone responds