After Transfer I-485 to TSC,any approval post here

Hi KS_CC,

Thanks for the information. What is the source of NC Clearence information. I tried Infopass and Calling USCIS? None of these methods worked.
Thanks

Mine was transferred on March 16th VSC to TSC.

I had a question to people on this form. Does the transfer have any trend, what I mean is are they transferring the PD current only? or randomly?

Sept 2005 NIWI140/I485 concurrently filed
I 140 approved march 2006 ( PD not current)

Applied EB OR I 140 Oct 2006
December 2006 I 140 EB OR approved (PD Current)

March 2007 I-485 transferred from VSC to TSC.
Customer service rep when called said name check in progress

Last edited by a moderator:
TSC 485 tracker spreadsheet

Guys... (and gals)

Why don't you add your details to the TSC tracker spreadsheet?

The tracker now includes a Transfered to TSC date so that transfers to TSC from VSC can add their original VSC RD and the TSC transfer date.

Please feel free to update the tracker yourself if your case details change :) See my sig for a link to the thread.

Hi KS_CC,

Thanks for the information. What is the source of NC Clearence information. I tried Infopass and Calling USCIS? None of these methods worked.
Thanks

Hello va_lc,

I found out about my name check pending via an Infopass appointment at the NH ASC on Christmas Eve. I also called VSC using the POJ method in late January, and used my congressional liaison to reconfirm.
The name check requests for my wife and I were sent on the same day in April 2006, and I've been told by all the three sources above that hers came back within a couple of months or so, and mine is still pending. Since I am the primary applicant and she is the derivative (despite me using her country of chargeability, Japan, hence the EB2 - ROW), our cases cannot be adjudicated unless my name check comes back.
Best regards
k

Joined in transfers club

I got 10 emails on 15th,5 for me and 5 for my wife, that our cases have transferd to TSC...and there was a LUD on 16th too.

Hello va_lc,

I found out about my name check pending via an Infopass appointment at the NH ASC on Christmas Eve. I also called VSC using the POJ method in late January, and used my congressional liaison to reconfirm.
The name check requests for my wife and I were sent on the same day in April 2006, and I've been told by all the three sources above that hers came back within a couple of months or so, and mine is still pending. Since I am the primary applicant and she is the derivative (despite me using her country of chargeability, Japan, hence the EB2 - ROW), our cases cannot be adjudicated unless my name check comes back.
Best regards
k

ks_cc, i see you have used country of changeability, can you post what is the process involved? My 485 is been pending for a long time, am not sure if i can take file any paper work using country of changeability, since my wife is a citizen.

Thanks

ks_cc, i see you have used country of changeability, can you post what is the process involved? My 485 is been pending for a long time, am not sure if i can take file any paper work using country of changeability, since my wife is a citizen.

Thanks

Hello shas123,
Hmm, since your wife is a US Citizen, couldn't you file for AOS based on marriage? I presume you've filed your 485 via employment, correct me if I'm wrong.
Cross chargeability is used when an applicant is married to a person who is born in a country that is not subject to retrogression. If you see our thread:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=189753&highlight=cross+chargeability you would notice that all of us on here are EB2 applicants, wherein the derivative applicant, the beneficiary, has nativity of a country that has visas currently available as published in the monthly DOS visa bulletin. None of us are married to US Citizens, and in all our cases, our spouses are derivative applicants who have been born in non retrogressed countries (not India or China). Note that this goes by country of birth and not country of citizenship. Cross chargeability also applies if the primary applicants parents (either one) have non retrogressed country nativity, but I'm not too certain about those specifics.
I'm not sure that Cross Chargeability applies to your case, since your wife is a US Citizen. In your case I believe it would be a straight-forward AOS based on your wife being a citizen of the United States, green card via marriage.

Hello shas123,
Hmm, since your wife is a US Citizen, couldn't you file for AOS based on marriage? I presume you've filed your 485 via employment, correct me if I'm wrong.
Cross chargeability is used when an applicant is married to a person who is born in a country that is not subject to retrogression. If you see our thread:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=189753&highlight=cross+chargeability you would notice that all of us on here are EB2 applicants, wherein the derivative applicant, the beneficiary, has nativity of a country that has visas currently available as published in the monthly DOS visa bulletin. None of us are married to US Citizens, and in all our cases, our spouses are derivative applicants who have been born in non retrogressed countries (not India or China). Note that this goes by country of birth and not country of citizenship. Cross chargeability also applies if the primary applicants parents (either one) have non retrogressed country nativity, but I'm not too certain about those specifics.
I'm not sure that Cross Chargeability applies to your case, since your wife is a US Citizen. In your case I believe it would be a straight-forward AOS based on your wife being a citizen of the United States, green card via marriage.

Thanks for the reply ks_cc, do you think i need to withdraw my current 485 and EAD to file AOS based on marriage. This is always a confusion for me. Right now i am working on EAD and applied for EAD renewal. If I file AOS based on marriage my current EAD becomes invalid? It seems though TSC processing dates are almost up to date for the marriage based 485

Thanks for the reply ks_cc, do you think i need to withdraw my current 485 and EAD to file AOS based on marriage. This is always a confusion for me. Right now i am working on EAD and applied for EAD renewal. If I file AOS based on marriage my current EAD becomes invalid? It seems though TSC processing dates are almost up to date for the marriage based 485

Are your EB2 or EB3? In either case, are you subject to retrogression and are visas currently available for your country? See, the thing is, if you're under retrogression, then it might be in your best interest to seek legal counsel, withdraw your employment based 485 and refile based on marriage. Assuming that you wouldn't find yourself stuck in the FBI Name Check process, it might work out to your advantage and result in more expeditious processing of your applications if you go the marriage based AOS route. My suggestion would be to find a competent attorney (I see from your signature that your old attorney got canned and you're representing yourself). Self representation is all fine and dandy, but if you're treading in a little more complex waters such as pending case withdrawal and refiling, it would serve you best to talk to a lawyer about this.
Lastly, since your EAD is based on a pending AOS case, withdrawal of that case may in turn invalidate your EAD. I'm not quite certain how that would work. I'm sure there are ways around it and your case may not be that uncommon, but of course, these are things only a trained lawyer can advise you on.

Please update this spread-sheet tracker to track the transfered cases

Please update this spread-sheet tracker to track the transfered cases....

This is a copy of the I-485 Texas Service Center tracker..........

I have update my info. PD 2002 March. RD July 2005, India, EB2, Transferred here couple of weeks ago.
--Naveen Oshos

Updated with my details

Added my case details. Case transferred on 3/15 with LUD on 3/16. No FP2 yet. Stuck in Namecheck.

LUD changed status changed from transfered to pending

HI,

On 03/15/07 my case was transfered from VSC to TSC and got a message:
--------
Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On March 15, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.
----------
Next day ie., 03/16/07 LUD with no staus change.
---------------
Just now I got aother email from CRIS with and LUD. The message is:
----------
Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that was transferred to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location is now pending there.
------------------

EB2, PD-OCt2001.

140/485 concurrent - RD - 10th Oct - 2005 (I-140 AD - 02/06)

After transfer case VCS to TCS on 03/15/2007 . Received a letter from TCS your cases transfer to TCS.

Today there is LUD Current Status change to "This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred" . And received 4 emails with same massage.

PD : DEC 2001 - EB2(VSC)
I485 -: ND:09/26/2005, RD:10/07/2005, LUD:10/19/2005, FP (Code 3):11/05/2005, LUD:11/08/2005, LUD:12/01/2005, AD:??
Case Transfer : 03/15/2007, LUD:03/16/2007, LUD: 03/23/2007,

Last edited by a moderator:
My case exactly same

After transfer case VCS to TCS on 03/15/2007 . Received a letter from TCS your cases transfer to TCS.

Today there is LUD Current Status change to "This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred" . And received 4 emails with same massage.

PD : DEC 2001 - EB2(VSC)
I485 -: ND:09/26/2005, RD:10/07/2005, LUD:10/19/2005, FP (Code 3):11/05/2005, LUD:11/08/2005, LUD:12/01/2005, AD:??
Case Transfer : 03/15/2007, LUD:03/16/2007, LUD: 03/23/2007,

My case is almost similor as your's. I too got the letter from USCIS about the transfer. The same RDs and LUD pattern. In dec-2005 I did my FP-code3

Mine also same

My case was transfered on 3/15 to TSC,and LUD on 3/16. Today I got 10 emails 5 for each me and my wife that case is pending. I dont whats cooking there as mine is current since I filed.