FBI Name Check

I just got a call from Washington DC again this morning, called from USCIS, emphasizing that it's response for the letter i wrote to secretary of department homeland security 1 month ago. they also confirmed that my case was approved and GC was mailed to me blah blah..., it was the second call from USCIS after i sent out those letters to people who may concern.

Now see what? it actually works. for those ppl whose GC still pending, don't hesitate to write letters to them with a statement regarding to your case, the more details the better.

Im still thinking I would have written those letters 1.5 years ago, if i would have done that I should have got my GC more earlier because i just wrote to them 1 month ago. it's good experience. it's so dumb to get this call again and again after i got my GC in hands.....what the hell they have done for last 3 years? the conclusion is, they do their job only after you kick their ass.

i went for the infopass and she said that my case was approved on March 3rd and also gave me an appointment for wednesday to stamp my passport. somehow i am more relieved than happy that this is all over. Wish all the rest of you waiting for your green card all the very best. Of course i will be around in this forum for a while.

i went for the infopass and she said that my case was approved on March 3rd and also gave me an appointment for wednesday to stamp my passport. somehow i am more relieved than happy that this is all over. Wish all the rest of you waiting for your green card all the very best. Of course i will be around in this forum for a while.

Congrats. So your 2nd FP was on the 17th of Feb? It looks like they approved you case in two weeks after 2nd FP..My 2nd FP will be on the 13th of this month.. I will wait for an appointment at the end of March to check my case status. So, did they tell you when you will be getting your GC in the mail? Did they even mail you a approved letter in the mail?

Last edited by a moderator:
take it easy, normally they r gonna approve your case within 2 weeks after your 2nd finger print, counting from today.

you are going exactly same track as me,----- 2nd medical exam, then 2nd FP, then expecting an approval.

you're about all set soon, time to celebrate my dear unlucky girl, let me know if u want any info from me.

Hey Lawmanfox,
You are so right, unlucky girl's case got approved(March 3rd) just within two weeks after 2nd FP(Feb 17th) print....I hope they will approve my case in two weeks after my 2nd FP print. By the way, how long did they approve your case after your 2nd FP?

hey jane123,
thanks a lot:D. Actually she just said that my case was approved on the 3rd of March. she also wrote it out on the inquiry case sheet that i was asked to fill up. when i mentioned to her that i need to travel soon. she said i could stamp my passport at Fed plaza and herself made an infopass for Wednesday and mentioned that the stamp would be valid for not more than 60 days so i would have to wait for my GC in case i want to stay out of the country longer. i think she also saw that mne was a 10 year G coz she said that i would next see her for the citizenship. i gladly said yes. :cool:

Congratulation! sweet girl u owed me a big hug. i had strong feeling that u gonna get approved around this week, it turned out to be truth :)))

Hey Lawmanfox,
You are so right, unlucky girl's case got approved(March 3rd) just within two weeks after 2nd FP(Feb 17th) print....I hope they will approve my case in two weeks after my 2nd FP print. By the way, how long did they approve your case after your 2nd FP?

i got my 2nd FP at Jan. 20 and got approved at Jan.30, ten days it took.

thanks a lot. yes you are right lawmanfox. If the online status was updated i would have received an email and would never have gone for the infopass. i still feel relieved than happy that this is all going to be over soon. when did u get the approval letter after the actual approval date.

thanks a lot. yes you are right lawmanfox. If the online status was updated i would have received an email and would never have gone for the infopass. i still feel relieved than happy that this is all going to be over soon. when did u get the approval letter after the actual approval date.

Lucky_girl,

I got welcome letter 8 days after approval day, the physical card was lying in mailbox exact 1 week after welcome letter.

you are expecting to get your welcome letter in 2 weeks and physical card around 10 days since then.

you are supposed to get 10 years unconditional green card based on your marriage over 2 years period. the oncoming welcome letter gonna tell you if it's conditional or 10 years. you know USCIS always mess up everything their job. some ppl get married within 2 years got 10 year card, while some got conditional card even their marriage last more than 2 years. so please double check that first. I really don't wanna go throught that shit again about filing I-751 to remove condition.

next step will be citizenship, also the last step I have to deal with USCIS. 10/31/2011, i will see you around about N400 filing.

thanks lawman.yes it is a 10 year card. :):)

Congrats unlucky girl. We are all happy for you and thanks for the information.

I mailed all the letters couple of week ago and hoping to hear something next week. I wish i can go make an infopass appoint too but i am an accountant and this is busiest time of the year. There is also a press release on USCIS website that they accomplished their goal by clearing all the names which were pending more than six months. Hopefully hear from them soon,

Anyway good luck and keep checking this blog.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On March 12, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

the I130 message has not changed at all from day 1 of application.
so now i have :
I485 approval
I130 approval
welcome notice