FBI Name Check

There is good for you that is still waiting for the approval. Just remember if you got approved after 2 years from the interview date, you are not required to apply to remove the condition that they will put on those that are approved within 2 years. It only will suck if you have waited 20 months and then they approves it.... you will have to wait for another 2 years to actually get a "real" residency. I almost don't want to go through that again but I got my "conditional approval" after almost 9 months. I have to go through the process again in about 20 months.

Wish you all the best... anyone out there going through the condition removal process and having problems that would like to share? I just dread going for the second interview.....

Hey Kidodo,

I don't know what else to do? I have written to senators, congressman, Mrs. Laura Bush, called in USCIS customer service, but to no avail. I am just purely frustrated. My LUD dates have not changed at all?:(

What are your timelines and what is your DO?

As for WOM, I followed with couple of lawyers and they advised that typically you should wait for atleast 2 years for having a good case for WOM. In my case, it will be 2 yrs. in November, so cannot do much at this point than to wait.:mad:

However, I am still looking for advice on someother alternatives that may have worked for other people.:confused:

But a lot of Wom case has been dismissed

Whats the basis for WOM cases to be dismissed? I thought they had to be resolved? Please share the specifics of cases of WOM that have been dismissed?

15 months in NC

Hello,

I'm new to the pending name check club. I had the interview in Buffalo, NY but recently relocated (+ changed address) to Durham, NC. I have contacted senator, governor, first lady and FBI but it's too early to hear back from them.

I believe the reason why I'm in name check is that I was a victim of an attack at gunpoint. I don't know if it happened to anybody else but apparently FBI is checking names not only against lists of criminals but also databanks of victims and witnesses (as heard on NPR).

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9958267

It puts me off the edge when I think that FBI might indirectly make me lose a PermanentResident-exclusive federal grant of several dozen grands whereas I was only mugged 50 bucks.

At this point I'm leaning towards a lawsuit although I'm still questionning the chances of success given the february 2007 CIS memo that puts an end to writs of mandamus as a means to expedite name checks.

Would an indulgent federal judge have authority over this memo?

Good luck to all,

noar

My timeline:
I-485 / I-130 RD: 01/31/2006
Interview Date: 03/2006
EAD Received: 03/2007
NC Clearance: Pending

Hey noar,

I am not sure if everyone who is stuck in NC club have run ins with law (victim or no victim).

I was told that traffic violations are not held against you, but I suspect that it may not be true. I did have couple speeding tickets that may be the reason for me being stuck in NC as my first name and last name are not that common (one of the myths for being stuck in NC).

But we cannot do anything apart from waiting? I don't know if case more than 2 years old are eligible for WOM? If not, then we cannot do anything but just plainly wait............I guess:confused:

My wife has been waiting for NC for almost 2 years. This week, we received two letters:
1. a piece of paper asking her to do another fingerprint. it is not the formal USCIS notice letter.
2. A formal USCIS notice that I-130 has been approved. (we turned in i-130 and i-485 at the same time)

Anybody has any idea?

My wife has been waiting for NC for almost 2 years. This week, we received two letters:
1. a piece of paper asking her to do another fingerprint. it is not the formal USCIS notice letter.
2. A formal USCIS notice that I-130 has been approved. (we turned in i-130 and i-485 at the same time)

Anybody has any idea?

Ur wife must be happy and ready to celebrate her GC koz since they've approved her I-130 that mean they are ready to process her I-485, but bekoz her fingerprint has been expired, she will need to have another regardin for her GC, and she just will have to take only the ten fingers and then if she will her from uscis after FBI name check is clear, sometime it will take between 3 days and 3 years. Tell ur wife to be patient

Call uscis 800 number

Hello Birdlove,

Thanks for the encouraging advice. I am trying to be patient, but getting frustrated with no answer. Can you share your timelines for reciept date, 1st & 2nd FP & Interviews?

ncgc2006, dont be frustrated, u will hear from them very soon, what I use to do to get to 2nd interview and 2nd fingerprint, I use call 800 number about my case.

Tell, Do u know if ur I-130 is already approved ?

no progress

After waiting for 3 months post-interview, I sent a letter to the IO asking if there was any progress on the name-check front. My letter was received and a prompt reply was sent back saying " Your application is pending security checks blah blah blah". Good news is the letter says the status of pending applications is checked weekly...

Any suggestions for expedition??

Hi,

I am in the same boat as most of you. My 485 approval is pending background investigation. I tried calling David Hardy's office etc and I got a response saying they do not entertain phone calls and i need to call uscis :(. I did a foipa check and it came back saying "no records".
(My wife's namecheck is done, but her 485 is not approved since mine is not and i am the primary applicant).

I contacted Senator Dianne Feinstein's office in May and they will likely contact fbi/uscis in 2-3 more weeks.

After looking at the forums, it looks like the following are options and I need advise from you on these:

1) Writing to congressman: Is it worth doing this given my request for case work assistance is waiting for more than 2 months in Senator's office?
2) Submitting a case problem to CIS Ombudsman: should I do this at this time?
3) Any other suggestions that can help? Is there a way I can reach FBI to confirm if my background check request did reach them?

thanks,
Gangs

-----------------------------
Priority Date: June 11, 2001
I140 LCSub approved: Nov, 2006
AOS INS Receipt date: June 15, 2006
Biometric appt: July 8, 2006
EAD/AP approved: End-July, 2006
EAD/AP Filed for extension: April 2007
Last communication with USCIS: March 9, 2007 from USCIS that it is pending background investigation.
Contacted Senator Dianne Feinstein on May 7, 2007. They are yet to write to FBI.

Hey birdlove,

What is ur DO office? I hope they are clearing the NC blacklog (more than 90 days old) in the order of dates recieved. I have repeatedly called USCIS customer service but I always get a std. response:

USCIS will research your case and will send a response to you within 30 days. Now it is 45 days.

Till date I have not recieved a letter or any correspondence from them on the inquiry.

As for contacting senators office I think it is a waste of tiime, since they don't even bother to acknowledge the reciept of your letter.

Still waiting and hoping to hear from them soon.:confused: :( :mad:

As for my I-130, there is no LUD change since 2005. But on my I-485, there was one LUD change last year in July 2006 but nothing before that or after that....:confused:

My head is spinning!

Guys,

My name has been stuck for for more than two and half years. I have an approved I-130. But recently I checked my I-485 status online with this new message:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4
Current Status: Fingerprints review completed.

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

At Infopass apptmnt, Immigration office at local Baltimore office tells me today: "Your background checks are not complete yet" and my application is still at Baltimore.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Then I get a letter last week to get my fingerprints done.

Status from my Congressman verified that last week as well

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So I have 3 different I 485 status from 3 different parties

1. Online status says: FP review complete. application transferred to Vermont SC.
2. Info pass- They have no idea abt FP. The application is still in baltimore.
3. Congressman - get ur FP done again. Apparently name check is complete?

Any clues?

Any help is appreciated!

Guys,

My name has been stuck for for more than two and half years. I have an approved I-130. But recently I checked my I-485 status online with this new message:

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location.

At Infopass apptmnt, Immigration office at local Baltimore office tells me today: "Your background checks are not complete yet" and my application is still at Baltimore.

1. Online status says: FP review complete. application transferred to Vermont SC.

Any clues?

Any help is appreciated!

I have got exact same email. What does it mean?

I may be wrong but based on the some of the posts on this thread, it looks like the namechecks (Older than 60 days) are being cleared in order of the dates the application / Namecheck requests were recieved?

Any idea if this is true?

Travelling

After waiting for 3 months post-interview, I sent a letter to the IO asking if there was any progress on the name-check front. My letter was received and a prompt reply was sent back saying " Your application is pending security checks blah blah blah". Good news is the letter says the status of pending applications is checked weekly...

My wife is still in H1 B visa now and it expires Jan 2008, do we need to start renew the H1 B or I just leave it and use the Parol available for travel ?

INterview approved March 2007 - pending clearance from FBI

Any input is appreciated.

Hey birdlove,

What is ur DO office? I hope they are clearing the NC blacklog (more than 90 days old) in the order of dates recieved. I have repeatedly called USCIS customer service but I always get a std. response:

USCIS will research your case and will send a response to you within 30 days. Now it is 45 days.

Till date I have not recieved a letter or any correspondence from them on the inquiry.

As for contacting senators office I think it is a waste of tiime, since they don't even bother to acknowledge the reciept of your letter.

Still waiting and hoping to hear from them soon.:confused: :( :mad:

As for my I-130, there is no LUD change since 2005. But on my I-485, there was one LUD change last year in July 2006 but nothing before that or after that....:confused:

Just be patient, they will call u for 2nd interview, and before they approve ur I-485, they have to approve ur I-130 first.
U will be approved very soon, dont worry ! Just cross ur hand and u will update very soon

FP review completed !

Guys,

Any clues?

Any help is appreciated!

I had the same message since October 2006 and no change on my update, just the message. And after then I receive 3 letters from uscis regardin my pendin I-485 and then went to 2nd interview , given 2nd FP... still waitin for approval

The message is an standar message that uscis send to every older pendin cases

My wife is still in H1 B visa now and it expires Jan 2008, do we need to start renew the H1 B or I just leave it and use the Parol available for travel ?

INterview approved March 2007 - pending clearance from FBI

Any input is appreciated.

My H1-B was cancelled at the interview, the officer scratched out the visa and wrote CWOP on it. AFAIK, that means you are on AP and EAD status until the GC is approved and delivered. That's just my interpretation, I would check with a lawyer or USCIS about it to be sure.