Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

My status is changed to placed in Q for Oath.

Does anybody have idea how long it might take to send the actual Oath letter with date ?. Or are they changing it back like the way how they did "Placed in Q for Interview" and it took atleast 1 1/2 month to schedule the Interview ?.

Any thoughts and experiences with this kind of stuff ?.

Thanks
Redgo

Congrats bro......

I was out in 8 minutes. The officer was just point to point.......

Here is little more information which would be helpful for the other folks.

Passed the interview and the officer had some conflict with my name on the Passport and the current GC/DL. I tried to explain her how it works in india we just write only the Initial of Surname but she said we will have to take it as per US Standards, I told her my first name , middle name and last name are accurate on GC/DL but the officer was keen on what she was saying ....and asked me to sign 3 pages for name change(Technically there is no change it would be same as what i have on my GC/DL) I didnt want to argue so just kept quiet and I asked her what would be the oath date she mentioned that a letter will be sent to your address about the date/time of oath and handed me over a paper saying that I have passed the test.

No Big deal...... will just wait for the Oath letter.

Please let me know guys if I can answer any other questions.

Congrats,
Actually, I encountered the same problem, the IO said that my name appear differently on my birth certificate and my Green card, so she had to let me change it back to be the same as it appears on the birth certificate, and I still get the oath letter on the same day..
On my birth certificate, My first name and middle name is together
and on my GC, my first name and middle is separate if you are wondering.

Do we need to take Birth Certificate to interview? So that they can match or just it was from old record they have.

Testing and Interview

Relieved .....My status changed to "Testing and Interview" It shows "Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview"

D/O: Atlanta
03/09/12 (D 000) Mailed to TSC
03/14/12 (D 007) Priority Date
04/16/12 (D 040) FP Notice Sent
05/08/12 (D 062) FP Scheduled
05/07/12 (D xxx) YL dated
05/10/12 (D 064) YL Recd
07/19/12 (D 134) Scheduled for interview
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Sent
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) Interview -- Passed
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) In Q 4 Oath Sch
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) Oath Letter Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) Oath Date[/QUOTE]

HI All:

As previously mentioned I have 03/14/12 as the priority date and took the FP on May 8th in Atlanta. Unfortunately there is no change in my status. It still remains the same

" Initial Review
On April 16, 2012, we mailed you an appointment notice to have your fingerprints taken. "

Not sure why. Any one with the same status. Does it mean I am stuck in Security Check?

Need some advice, what should be my approach. I called up the 1-800 number and spoke to the IO, they say I am still within the processing time frame of 5 Months. All others with the same time frame have an Interview Scheduled.

ancients rotsiio

Do we need to take Birth Certificate to interview? So that they can match or just it was from old record they have.

I did not bring the birth certificate with me.. They have all the immigration related documents since the day I stepped my foot on US soil

ericshi1024, when did you apply? Seems like ATL has slowed down some, it's nice to hear that somebody got to the interview stage recently :)

Trying to figure out how long my process will take. In June, I went to a seminar put on by a civics group and they told me that ATL is taking about 3 months currently. I'm seeing many folks taking longer than that to get through the process.

Grashoppr

ericshi1024, when did you apply? Seems like ATL has slowed down some, it's nice to hear that somebody got to the interview stage recently :)

Trying to figure out how long my process will take. In June, I went to a seminar put on by a civics group and they told me that ATL is taking about 3 months currently. I'm seeing many folks taking longer than that to get through the process.

Grashoppr
Here is my timeline
Send package 3-6-12
Finger Print 4-30-12
Interview Scheduling 5-8-12
Interview scheduled 6-12-12
Interview 7-17-12
Oath 7-30-12

Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like they are about right on the 5-month timeline. Just short of that for you.

Is your oath taking place in the same place as the interview? I heard that the oaths take place way on the south side. (I'm way on the north side...)

Grashoppr

Have ntomau

Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like they are about right on the 5-month timeline. Just short of that for you.

Is your oath taking place in the same place as the interview? I heard that the oaths take place way on the south side. (I'm way on the north side...)

Grashoppr
My oath is in the same building in the northlake dr

tadjacte one

That's good to know. At the seminar they told us that they are frequently in Clayton County somewhere, but if we asked during the interview, they might could schedule us for the Northlake office. Did you ask specifically for that location or did they automatically assign that to you?

Sorry for all the questions :)

Grashoppr

mass Cotaest

That's good to know. At the seminar they told us that they are frequently in Clayton County somewhere, but if we asked during the interview, they might could schedule us for the Northlake office. Did you ask specifically for that location or did they automatically assign that to you?

Sorry for all the questions :)

Grashoppr
They automatically schedule me for that location. I think people who had the same day interview as me got their oath ceremony on the same place as me.

Update with Interview Date

relieved .....my status changed to "testing and interview" it shows "your n400, application for naturalization is now scheduled for interview"

d/o: Atlanta
03/09/12 (d 000) mailed to tsc
03/14/12 (d 007) priority date
04/16/12 (d 040) fp notice sent
05/08/12 (d 062) fp scheduled
05/07/12 (d xxx) yl dated
05/10/12 (d 064) yl recd
07/19/12 (d 134) scheduled for interview
07/19/12 (d 134) il sent
07/23/12 (d 138) il recd
08/23/12 (d 169) interview date
xx/xx/12 (d xxx) in q 4 oath sch
xx/xx/12 (d xxx) oath letter recd
xx/xx/12 (d xxx) oath date
[/quote]

Any one around my dates got Interview Scheduled

Looks like it is taking too long to get interview scheduled at Atlanta. Does any one around my dates got yet scheduled for interview?
FP wad done 06/20 and now all three family members are placed in que for interview scheduling.

D/O: Atlanta
04/30/12 (D 000) Mailed to TSC
05/03/12 (D 003) Delivered
05/29/12 (D 026) FP Notice Sent
06/20/12 (D 051) FP Scheduled
06/22/12 (D 054) In Q 4 interview scheduling"
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) YL Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Sent
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) Interview -- Passed
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) In Q 4 Oath Sch
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) Oath Letter Recd
xx/xx/12 (Dxxx) Oath Date
[/QUOTE]

Updating my timeline:

01/03/2003: GC
06/29/12: N-400 mailed to Dallas via Priority Mail
07/03/12: N-400 priority date (Day 4)
07/6/12: Check cashed (Day 7)
07/10/12: NOA recvd (Day 11)
07/13/12: FP notice mailed (Per website - Day 14)
07/16/12: FP notice recvd (Day 17 - Scheduled for 8/8)
xx/xx/12: FP done
xx/xx/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview"
xx/xx/12: IL recvd
xx/xx/12: Interview
xx/xx/12: Oath
xx/xx/12: PP application
xx/xx/12: PP received

Grashoppr

Updating my timeline - again: Took a chance on walking in for FP today since I was already in the area, and they took me in right away. I was in and out within 20 minutes. There were hardly any people there, so they were quite accommodating, and very friendly too. Very pleasant experience.

07/26/12: FP done - Early walk-in. (Day 27)
xx/xx/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview"

Grashoppr

any June filers??

Hi, everyone
I have helped my brother filed his N400 on June, receipt date was June 7th.. FP on June 18th, and notice the case has move to interview scheduling on June 25th... I have heard nothing from USCIS since then....
Anyone who had have the same timeline could share some experience with the June fillings?
Thanks

Hi, everyone
I have helped my brother filed his N400 on June, receipt date was June 7th.. FP on June 18th, and notice the case has move to interview scheduling on June 25th... I have heard nothing from USCIS since then....
Anyone who had have the same timeline could share some experience with the June fillings?
Thanks

Things seem to be very slow in the Atlanta office this summer.

New update as of this morning - online status changed to In Line for Interview Scheduling!

07/26/12: FP done - Early walk-in. (Day 27)
07/30/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview" (Day 31)

Grashoppr

For those of you whose cases seem to be moving very slowly, is it because you applied within 90 days of your eligibility? IE marriage or 5 years LPR?

I've been LPR well over 5 years (10 year GC set to expire 1/3/13). I applied right before my card was within 6 months of expiring, so I've well surpassed the minimum requirement to be eligible to apply.

I just wonder if that is speeding things up, or lesser eligibility is slowing some of you down?

Grashoppr

Similar situation with a different issue

My wife has a pending N-400 application. Our daughter will be 18 in Jan 2013. Our daughter can be automatic citizen if my wife will have her N-400 approved before our daughter is 18.
Any delay in my wife's N-400 application processing will have adverse effect on my daughter'e eligibility to become automatic citizen. We are already having lot issues for not having citizenship for our daughter.

This is making me feel that we are in a similar situation as Grashoppr.
I am hoping that if I take InfoPass appointment to explain the situation to DO office, DO office will speed up my wife's N-400 application.
Can any body share some thoughts on this!

For those of you whose cases seem to be moving very slowly, is it because you applied within 90 days of your eligibility? IE marriage or 5 years LPR?

I've been LPR well over 5 years (10 year GC set to expire 1/3/13). I applied right before my card was within 6 months of expiring, so I've well surpassed the minimum requirement to be eligible to apply.

I just wonder if that is speeding things up, or lesser eligibility is slowing some of you down?

Grashoppr

I didn't realize that getting citizenship while one's children were under 18, granted them citizenship too (that is what you are saying, yes?)

Both of my children are now over 18, so that choice will be theirs, they have GC now, they can either renew or apply on their own.

My GC was coming due so it was either renew for another 10 years, or apply for citizenship. For a multitude of reasons, for me, applying for naturalization just made more sense. This is my home now, and shall be for the foreseeable future.

My only concern is if my GC expires before my oath date. With 6 months left when I filed my application, and 5 months average processing time, I should be good if everything goes as it is supposed to. My driver's license will expire on the same day as my GC (GA won't give a DL longer than one's legal residency status), so I'm hopeful that it's all a done deal in a timely way.

Grashoppr