CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

Hi raj,
Thanks for reply. NC clearance was confirmed by infopass and nabraska service center. NSC is saying my status is under review and waiting for background check report.

I am not clear after clearing NC, what is this background check clearance.

Do you know any progress in your case? what they reviewing in your case?

Thanks.

Hi kalluks,
I just called NSC and the officer told me that my case has everything cleared and is not assigned to an immigration officer. She said I should call back in 30 days and check. I am not sure if their are any more hurdles.
Regards,
Raj

Hi raj,
Thanks for reply. NC clearance was confirmed by infopass and nabraska service center. NSC is saying my status is under review and waiting for background check report.

I am not clear after clearing NC, what is this background check clearance.

Do you know any progress in your case? what they reviewing in your case?

Thanks.

I went to infopass recently and she told my Name check got cleared on Sep 20. (Magic date!, even rajrw got it cleared the same day). She said it is under review. I don't know whether this review is another 2 year process or just a few months deal. It really doesn't matter anymore.

Approved.

Just now my status changed to "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

"The end" of GC journey after 6 years. Applied two times for labor, both the times company closed the office. Third time got the substitution, then got into into Name check and stuck for 2 years. Feel relieved now.

I called on October 31st and the lady was nice and she told the case is not assigned to an officer and she will make a request to assign it to an officer.

Regards,
Raj

I went to infopass recently and she told my Name check got cleared on Sep 20. (Magic date!, even rajrw got it cleared the same day). She said it is under review. I don't know whether this review is another 2 year process or just a few months deal. It really doesn't matter anymore.

Congratulations!! and njoy your freedom

Just now my status changed to "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

"The end" of GC journey after 6 years. Applied two times for labor, both the times company closed the office. Third time got the substitution, then got into into Name check and stuck for 2 years. Feel relieved now.

I called on October 31st and the lady was nice and she told the case is not assigned to an officer and she will make a request to assign it to an officer.

Regards,
Raj

Hi kalluks,
I just called NSC and the officer told me that my case has everything cleared and is not assigned to an immigration officer. She said I should call back in 30 days and check. I am not sure if their are any more hurdles.
Regards,
Raj

Congrats Raj... Finally!!!!!

Nice to hear good news. Congrats once again.

Guys,
HAPPY Diwali.
I got a nice gift from USCIS today.

My 485 is APPROVED.
I checked the Status online and was very happy to see update on my case with approval.

Good luck to all that are waiting and wish USCIS gives them the Diwali gift too.

Warm Regards
Hans

i just talked to NSC and i was told that my security checks were just completed within the last week. I hope it is true and i hope it does not go into another round of security check!

Happy Diwali all.
Congrats Hans on your GC and Congrats Shahramt on NC clear.
I have been observing that recently they have picked up the approvals for folks in this thread. If not approval they are at least clearing name checks. I guess they are now really cleaning up the old cases and hopefully nobody will have to visit this thread anymore(Say after 3 more months ..)

Congrats Hans on your approval, I was closely monitoring your case as My ND for 485 is same as yours as well xfer to TSC, Happy atleast your one got approved :)

Hello,

I recently called the NSC to enquire about my status. The Rep. said that my initial fingerprint and namechecks did not come back from FBI. I had my first fingerprints taken in Oct, 2005 and second in March 2007. Does this mean both my name check and fingerprints are pending?
I am confused as I thought the finger print check is pretty quick and comes back in two weeks. Also, if my first fingerprint results did not come back, why did they ask for second fingerprints?

Thanks in advance for any comments. I hope everybody gets through this mess soon.

JD

call NSC again and today I was told that fbi name check is pending!
i cannot understand how hard it is to figure out such a simple thing from their database that i get two different answers in 3 day span. anyway, i am going to infopass tomorrow but there is no guaranty that infopass tells me the correct status!!!

Guys,
Here is some news.

1. My wife got her Card yesterday along with the welcome letter. I will probably get mine today.
2. I haven't gotten any Emails as others got.
3. As per the Online case status, Our cases were approved on Nov 8th 2007 and the letter that had the card with it was dated Nov 6th 2007,
4. Also, our first finger printing was done in Jan 2006. We did not get a second FP notice.

All of this is a bit strange to me.

Warm Regards
Hans

call NSC again and today I was told that fbi name check is pending!
i cannot understand how hard it is to figure out such a simple thing from their database that i get two different answers in 3 day span. anyway, i am going to infopass tomorrow but there is no guaranty that infopass tells me the correct status!!!

got back from infopass

the lady told me that there is a response from FBI on oct 15th but she doesn't know what it is and the case is under review or something like that!!

i try to assume my namecheck is cleared!

Retrogression !

Hi Guys and Gals,

Our old friend retrogression is back. Dates for EB2 India have retrogressed back to Jan 2002. Even if my name check clears, who know how long we have to wait.

how to reach USCIS agent?

got back from infopass

the lady told me that there is a response from FBI on oct 15th but she doesn't know what it is and the case is under review or something like that!!

i try to assume my namecheck is cleared!

Hi shahramt, how can I reach an USCIS-NE agent? Can you send the options that we can use so that, I can be directly connected to agent. The instructions consuses so much :mad: