TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Went for an InfoPass appointment on Monday. Got the expected response "Your Name Check is still pending"
..and "there's not much else I can provide you by way of information" when I asked if my wife and daughter's had cleared.

got mine yesterday, the IO said that my case was PRE-Adjucated (does anyone know what that mean?)!! and he congratulate me. Then he said my background check was cleared but my FBI name check is still pending. He also mentioned people filling law suites against the FBI for the delay.

my next stop will be my congressman's office, it would probably help if he inquires my case with the FBI. Does anyone know what FBI department he should address?

got mine yesterday, the IO said that my case was PRE-Adjucated (does anyone know what that mean?)!! and he congratulate me. Then he said my background check was cleared but my FBI name check is still pending. He also mentioned people filling law suites against the FBI for the delay.

my next stop will be my congressman's office, it would probably help if he inquires my case with the FBI. Does anyone know what FBI department he should address?

Tell the congressman to go straight to the accounting & payroll department of FBI and hold their paychecks until your name check is completed & cleared

Pre-adjudication means that the processing at the USCIS level has been finished. This does not mean that they won't look at your case again if your namecheck takes long to resolve.

In my case, I was told the same thing last year after my first RFE. However, yesterday I got another RFE. I don't know if this is a sign that my name check has been cleared or anything else has triggered the 2nd RFE. I will let you guys know as soon as I know what is going on.

Pre-adjudication means that the processing at the USCIS level has been finished. This does not mean that they won't look at your case again if your namecheck takes long to resolve.

In my case, I was told the same thing last year after my first RFE. However, yesterday I got another RFE. I don't know if this is a sign that my name check has been cleared or anything else has triggered the 2nd RFE. I will let you guys know as soon as I know what is going on.

Does that mean the case was assigned a Visa number?

800,000 --> 485 applications filed in July and August...

Hi,

800,000 applications were received in July and August 2007. If you think that a minimum of 200,000 (one fourth) were Indians, then it will take 20 years (10,000 GCs for Indian per year) to get GC.

Thank you LAND OF OPPORTUNITIES....

according to the FAQs posted on FBI NC web site, contacting a congressman does not help, is that true?

Reference: http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm

As far as I know, nobody or nothing can help with FBI name check except Writ of Mandamus (Filing a law suite against USCIS, USCIS director, FBI director and DHS director). Still, if you use WOM, USCIS will fight back thru the district attorney of your district but they usually approve the case. It might take long these days though.

Hi,

800,000 applications were received in July and August 2007. If you think that a minimum of 200,000 (one fourth) were Indians, then it will take 20 years (10,000 GCs for Indian per year) to get GC.

Thank you LAND OF OPPORTUNITIES....

That's too bad, however, a lot of companies are pushing to increase the number of immigrant visas. Nothing has happend yet though.

Does that mean the case was assigned a Visa number?

I don't think so. You can be pre-approved even without a visa number available. In that case your file is placed in hold until your PD is current.

If the applicant is eligible for a visa, then a visa number is requested from DOS.

Please read I-485 SOP for further details. A copy is somewhere in this website.

Good luck.

Got letter from FBI - "in process"

In response to my semi-sob letter to FL on July 11,2007 , i got FBI reply today that name check is "in process" . They received the request from USCIS on Aug 10, 2006.

Does "in process" mean :

1. An analyst is going through name hit resolution process.
2. The namehit is waiting in the shelf for the mercy of an analyst.

I belive (2) is the case, since in most cases when a WOM is filed the case gets cleared in weeks.

This seems to be the standard reply these days. Guess the FL channel has dried up. On a separate topic, appears that most citizenship applications don't get into NC quagmire, wonder why. Here's a typical timeline:

Citizenship timeline for user itengineer:
2/23/2007 - Application Mailed Minneapolis
2/28/2007 - Priority Date
3/1/2007 - Checks cashed.
3/13/2007 - FP notice arrived
3/28/2007 - FP done
7/31/2007- interview
8/20/2007 - oath letter received
9/20/2007 - OATH at Convention Center
10/2/2007 - US Passport received.

In response to my semi-sob letter to FL on July 11,2007 , i got FBI reply today that name check is "in process" . They received the request from USCIS on Aug 10, 2006.

Does "in process" mean :

1. An analyst is going through name hit resolution process.
2. The namehit is waiting in the shelf for the mercy of an analyst.

I belive (2) is the case, since in most cases when a WOM is filed the case gets cleared in weeks.

I got the same reply July 12, 2007 and my NC cleared on July 23, 2007.
It seems to work for some not all.

Funny enough the FBI addressed me Dr. <First Name> <MiddleName> <LastName>

I got the same reply July 12, 2007 and my NC cleared on July 23, 2007.
It seems to work for some not all.
I am not a doctor . Nor a PhD. May be they mistook for a doc. who had done something bad ?!

Today I got the response letter from FBI on my request for FOIPA which was submitted last month. It came out with 'NO RECORD ON THE FBI MAIN FILES'. However, they are also mentioning that NNCP (AKA namecheck) is conducting search for the cross-reference files. It appears that FBI is protecting itself from any future arguments between this FOIPA and NNCP.

Anyway, I did one step. I will try writing letters to First Lady, Senators, Congressmen, etc from now on before I eventually file an WOM.

This is good. So if we want to know whether out NC is cleared or not, just sent FOIOA request that comes back in one week. If it does not have the mention about cross-reference file, consider that your NC is done.

How and when did you know that your NC is cleared on July 23, 2007?

Thanks,
neargc

Two sources: Talked to NSC IO who told me the date and also by congressman office staff who got the same exact date. You may also get this info by Infopass (most of the time).

Question for mitra88

Hi mitra88,

How many days does it take to hear back on FOIPA request?

Thanks.

Today I got the response letter from FBI on my request for FOIPA which was submitted last month. It came out with 'NO RECORD ON THE FBI MAIN FILES'. However, they are also mentioning that NNCP (AKA namecheck) is conducting search for the cross-reference files. It appears that FBI is protecting itself from any future arguments between this FOIPA and NNCP.

Anyway, I did one step. I will try writing letters to First Lady, Senators, Congressmen, etc from now on before I eventually file an WOM.

Name/Fingerprint finally cleared.

Friends, I just went to Infopass and came know that my name check was cleared a month ago and fingerprint was also cleared a couple days ago. I did contact Congressmans and Senators but I have never tried FL. Now what? Can someone who has the experience please adivse me how long (ball park or wild guess)that my I-485 shall be approved? Thank you for any input.