Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Hi,

This morning when I called using POJ method I am told that “There are some issues with my FBI name check and still hasn’t been cleared complete”.

Last time I was told that it has been cleared. Who should I believe? Did anyone get this sort of response about the name check? Does it mean that there are some REAL issues or simply it is pending?

I am little confused. What should I do next?

Please advice.
VS

Please Help

Guys,

Please help me with these two questions.

When can I initiate inquire with USCIS about my case? How do we calculate 30 days beyond the normal processing time?

My ND is 9th May 07 and current processing time at NSC is 19th July 07 as of 15th Jan. Am I already beyond the current processing dates?

How and where can I start the FOIPA request with FBI? Where can I find the form?

Please help.
Thanks,
VS

Regarding #2 in my previous post I found the following link for the form by going thru different threads on this site

http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf

Please confirm that I am on right track.

Am I supposed to mail this form to?

Federal Bureau of Investigation
Record Information/Dissemination Section
170 Marcel Drive
Winchester, VA 22602-4843

Please advice.
VS

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have filed I-485 under crosschargeability at NSC.I filed under EB2
Here are my details

EB2 NSC
Labor Approved On: 06/12/07
I-140 Approved: 06/29/07

(For Both Self and Spouse)
485/EAD/AP Mailed on 7/27/07
485/EAD/AP RD: 8/28/07
485/EAD/AP ND: 9/3/07
485 NC clear
FP: 10/1/07

At my infopass appt, they said, both my and my spouses's name check are clear . At NSC, they are currently processing July 19th cases. When I used POJ method, they confirmed our name check clearance, but said our case hasn't been touched by an officer yet.

Does anyone know how long it will take in this case? I have not had any LUD.And I do not know NC date. There are no changes in my case online.I also want to confirm they are doing cross chargeability. I am and Indian citizen and have filed cross chargeability , as my spouse is from non-retrogressed country which is current at the moment.

I just spoke with an IO and per him my Name Check is cleared but case hasn’t been assigned to any officer. He had no idea why. He also offered to send an email to someone (may be supervisor or someone else) about my case being eligible for further processing. He did send the email (I overheard him typing and complaining about his keyboard).

Now who should I believe this officer or the IO to whom I spoke with on Monday?

Thanks,
VS

I just spoke with an IO and per him my Name Check is cleared but case hasn’t been assigned to any officer. ....
Now who should I believe this officer or the IO to whom I spoke with on Monday?

Nobody.... I believe they even do not look the case (when you ask them about pending case or name check) . I think they want all callers to give them a break, that's why they are inconsistent in their answers.

Register yourself at the following link:
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp;jsessionid=bcaDTzsIvWaAx_6wU7qFr

and then add all your cases to the portfolio. You would then be able to see any updates to your case.

Hey WW,

I log in from time to time to see if the old timers got some relief. Your time should have come by now man. If not, surely it is very close. Did you check with IOs to see what's holding the case up since your NC is clear and your PD is current by CC?

I hope you get your relief soon.

-Prez

Interesting that you posted this message. I just saw an LUD on my case; not sure what it means. Any idea?

I did call up the IOs the last week of Jan; they indicated that the case is waiting to be assigned to an officer. I explained to them that mine is a "Cross-chargeability' case - not sure, if my call resulted in a LUD today.

Any inputs as to what the LUD is for?

Hey WW,

I log in from time to time to see if the old timers got some relief. Your time should have come by now man. If not, surely it is very close. Did you check with IOs to see what's holding the case up since your NC is clear and your PD is current by CC?

I hope you get your relief soon.

-Prez

Interesting that you posted this message. I just saw an LUD on my case; not sure what it means. Any idea?

I did call up the IOs the last week of Jan; they indicated that the case is waiting to be assigned to an officer. I explained to them that mine is a "Cross-chargeability' case - not sure, if my call resulted in a LUD today.

No idea, but I expect it can only be a positive sign :) Hope you get the magic e-mail soon.

contact IOs??

How do you contact the IO ( i am assuming immigration officer!!). Is the POJ method the only way to get in touch. I tried that a couple of days earlier and I got through the national benefits center. a lady picked the call and she very politely took my details. She gave me a confirmation number and said if I do not hear anything in the next 45 days I should call back. Is this different from the normal POJ call.

I do not have all my details off hand. I do know the following

PD : March 2004
I140 approved (not sure of the date)
Cross chargeability
I 485 : March 2007 RFE(replied 5th Nov 07) LUD (11th Nov 07)
EAD: Approved (05/08/07)
AP :approved(08/05/07)

News

Hi All,

Sorry folks was out of action for a couple of days because we were blessed with a daughter on the 29th of Jan '08.

On the GC front planning to call up on Monday using the POJ technique to figure out the "GC lost by Post office" issue.

-Still

Hi All,

Sorry folks was out of action for a couple of days because we were blessed with a daughter on the 29th of Jan '08.

On the GC front planning to call up on Monday using the POJ technique to figure out the "GC lost by Post office" issue.

-Still
Hey Still
Congrats for new addition to the family
Whats up with this GC lost by post office thing.....and how did you came to know about it:confused:

Congrats Still for new addition to the family.

Hi All,

-Still

Hi All,

-Still

Congrats Still! Enjoy fatherhood!

Still: Congratulations on the new addition to the family. Enjoy!:)

Are you waiting on your GC or your wife's GC? I thought you already received your GC. Isn't that the case?

Also, can you advise as to what was the latest LUD before you got your magic e-mail?

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

-Still

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi WW,
I guess a few of us are still languishing in this quagmire.
I wrote to the Senators and Congressmen in Dec. I have started receiving replies from them stating what i already know i.e. name check in progress. They have indicated to me that they cannot do anything to expedite the name check process (since its a highly sensitive process). So all in all, I am in the same boat as I was since march 07.
I have written to the FL office as well, but haven't heard anything yet. I am running out of avenues to expedite the name check process :-(
I need to call NSC to figure out if they have categorized my application under CC (it took them 5 months and 4 rounds of rejection to accept my case). I plan on doing that in the next couple of weeks.
An LUD usually means somebody touched ur file (hopefully its on IO processing ur case) Hope ur LUD means something greens on the way :).
Peace..
-hu

Thanks Bud for rubbing some positive energy to my case! In my case, I did confirm through the POJ method that my name-check has been cleared in Nov 07. My wife's name check was cleared long ago.

I am not sure what the latest LUD of 02/01 means. Hopefully, as you indicated, green is on the way. Your name check should clear soon - good that you are trying all avenues possible. Don't give up. I have realized that if you are in the right, it is good to be proactive. Sometimes, you may not get to hear what you want to hear. But what counts is that you tried.

Thanks again!

Hi WW,
I guess a few of us are still languishing in this quagmire.
I wrote to the Senators and Congressmen in Dec. I have started receiving replies from them stating what i already know i.e. name check in progress. They have indicated to me that they cannot do anything to expedite the name check process (since its a highly sensitive process). So all in all, I am in the same boat as I was since march 07.
I have written to the FL office as well, but haven't heard anything yet. I am running out of avenues to expedite the name check process :-(
I need to call NSC to figure out if they have categorized my application under CC (it took them 5 months and 4 rounds of rejection to accept my case). I plan on doing that in the next couple of weeks.
An LUD usually means somebody touched ur file (hopefully its on IO processing ur case) Hope ur LUD means something greens on the way :).
Peace..
-hu