• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin For May 2015

Britsimon says that there is some computer glitch, and it is not Nepal specific. You should check your status on CEAC website, if it turns "In Transit" or "Ready" than you are scheduled. It was said that on entrant status check website it may or may not show your 2NL at this time.
What glitch?

What glitch?

They started sendiong 2NLs on Friday morning. Then stopped. They did not resume on Monday, but did send more (possibly all) today. The CEAC site was updated without all the 2NLs being sent. This has not happened before so it is logical to assume there was some problem.

They started sendiong 2NLs on Friday morning. Then stopped. They did not resume on Monday, but did send more (possibly all) today. The CEAC site was updated without all the 2NLs being sent. This has not happened before so it is logical to assume there was some problem.
Clear. Today, the distribution will not be. Updating the page was not. Why do you think so? People know by mail and phone calls.

Hi my daughter has 4 years old, can some one tell me if she need to go to the interview?

Thanks in advance.

Hi my daughter has 4 years old, can some one tell me if she need to go to the interview?

Thanks in advance.

London is the only embassy I am aware of where people have reported that children under 14 (?) do not need to go. The standard 2NL says all visa applicants must appear (I presume you want her to get a visa too) and every other embassy/consulate report we have heard requires all children to be present.

Thanks in advance.

How old is your daughter? Assuming she hasn't aged out, then yes, she should attend the interview with you. Bear in mind though, her child will not be issued with a visa as your derivative since your daughter cannot pass on the derivative status she gets to her child according to 9FAM 42.31 N2.1 (Offspring of a Derivative):

A "derivative" beneficiary of an approved immigrant visa (IV) petition cannot bestow upon someone else the immigration status they, themselves, have "derived" from the "principal beneficiary."

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87553.pdf

How old is your daughter? Assuming she hasn't aged out, then yes, she should attend the interview with you. Bear in mind though, her child will not be issued with a visa as your derivative since your daughter cannot pass on the derivative status she gets to her child according to 9FAM 42.31 N2.1 (Offspring of a Derivative):

A "derivative" beneficiary of an approved immigrant visa (IV) petition cannot bestow upon someone else the immigration status they, themselves, have "derived" from the "principal beneficiary."

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87553.pdf
Smom, you misunderstood her question. She wasn't asking for her niece (her daughter's daughter) but for her own daughter, which is 4 years old.

Smom, you misunderstood her question. She wasn't asking for her niece (her daughter's daughter) but for her own daughter, which is 4 years old.

You could possibly be right. I re-read the post, and it occurred to me the OP could have meant to write "my daughter is 4 years old" and not "my daughter has 4 years old" which gives the impression that the daughter also has a child of her own. So thanks for pointing that out.

p.s. the daughter's daughter scenario would actually be the OP's grand-daughter, not her niece :)

Guys did you notice that VisaBulletn still stands on the month of May , although now is May 9. , it should be COMMING SOON, never seen that before....Maybe they prepare some surprise for us :D

I checked on CEAC and it says at NVC, does this mean that my number will not be current for July ( as in beginning of May they start scheduling interviews for July) or is it too early to know? my DS260 was processed by end of March ( I emailed KCC and they confirmed).

I checked on CEAC and it says at NVC, does this mean that my number will not be current for July ( as in beginning of May they start scheduling interviews for July) or is it too early to know? my DS260 was processed by end of March ( I emailed KCC and they confirmed).
is your case number current or your ds-260 has been processed and you expect to become current in the coming month?

Did you send your enquiry to KCC before being current?

is your case number current or your ds-260 has been processed and you expect to become current in the coming month?

Did you send your enquiry to KCC before being current?

It is not current yet for June, I hope to be current in July or August.
My DS260 has been finished since end of March/early April.
I just think on 1st of May they start scheduling interviews for July.
As the June Bulletin comes by mid May, all interviews are scheduled.
Because I am still at NVC, I inferred that July current numbers will be less than my number ...

NVC means the case I'd not yet scheduled. It does not infer it will or won't be current - but it may already be current according to the number.

Coming soon is not critical to the vb being released. They simply forgot to update it.