• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Quick update. Just checked https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do and got this message:

"On February 5, 2015, the Post Office picked up mail containing your new card for Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX. We mailed your card to the address you gave us. The tracking number assigned is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. You can use your tracking number at USPS website the Quick Tools Tracking section. If you did not receive the card, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

So they do provide the tracking number and my wife's card will be delivered today :)
How about your card though? Is it still being produced? I received the tracking message yesterday after my card had bern received for almost a week, lol. Telling me the post office delivered your card on x date and you can track it with this number...so the tracking message was delayed by like 6 days lollll.

How about your card though? Is it still being produced? I received the tracking message yesterday after my card had bern received for almost a week, lol. Telling me the post office delivered your card on x date and you can track it with this number...so the tracking message was delayed by like 6 days lollll.

Lol

All went OK. A day after "card has been produced" message, the website changed to we have sent it to you and here's the tracking number. According yo USPS website, my wife's card will be delivered tomorrow to my friend's address.

Mine is being produced so I am expecting it next week.

All went OK. A day after "card has been produced" message, the website changed to we have sent it to you and here's the tracking number. According yo USPS website, my wife's card will be delivered tomorrow to my friend's address.

Ah. Let me know when yours is sent please. Cause the same is happening to me and my husband. Mine arrived but his is still stuck on production. So I Am hoping for movement on it next week too :)

Last edited:
Hi guys, I entered the States on 22 Jan., paid the immigration fee a few weeks before that. My SSC was printed on 27 Jan. already which is great and I was surprised how quickly it was produced. My status on USCIS ELIS is still on 'accepted' so stalking the status check there is my new hobby :D

Sunshine,

Congrats! And my new hobby would be stalking your forum updates since I entered 2 days before you :D I am still on Accepted as well. Keep us posted when you move to optimized!

Franko did your wife's card arrive? How about yours?

Franko did your wife's card arrive? How about yours?

Hi there,

My wife's card arrived last Saturday as planned. According to USPS tracking mine is being delivered at the moment.

Again everything went super smooth. Status changed to optimized/in process. Then the card was produced. Picked up by USPS and shipped. Tracking number worked fine both times.

We entered the US on 10th of January and received our GC pretty much a month later.

I was told on my old local forum to update my address on USCIS ELIS website even if it's the same as in the original docs. Some people claimed that they received their cards within 10 days.

I have not tried this but still got them within an month.

We never had any address in ELIS and still got them ;) They go to the address on your DS form unless you update at POE.

Hi, guys.
I'm admitted to the US on 3rd of Feb, but not with a lottery, I have a E category.
Anyway I think the procedure is same. I have also the I-551 form and stamp on my passport.
According to the post I read all above, GC will be delivered in a month generally after POE, correct?
However, what about the SSC? Will it be delivered automatically?
I went to a social office to ask my SSN, but they said they don't recognize my status, my information is not on their system.
They ask me comeback later, like a month later after POE. Is it correct?
When I had my interview in my country, I agreed my GC and SSC to be shipped to a address in the US.
Is my SSC will be delivering without any action or do I have to visit a social office after a month after POE?
Without SSC, I'm very uncomfortable to reside here presently, especially I can't make my driver's license.

How was your case? Please give me any info.
Thanks a lot.

hi , every body
i have moved to usa since 4 month ,me and all my family members have received our green cards one month after arrival except my wife she has not although hers is produced at the same time of us in uscis elis system , in this case can she apply for new one again and how much time will it take to get another one ? if she go home can she enter usa again without having green card ? thank you all guys

Call Uscis, something has gone wrong.
Yes she can re-enter with her stamped immigrant visa up to one year from her original entry, after that she needs the plastic card.

Hi guys,

I have a question for my GC status as well. My family entered the U.S. on Jan 23rd, and we are waiting for our GC to arrive now. Our case status is OPTIMIZED, and case summary is E-file, in progress, status date is Feb 13, 2015. And status detail says your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review.
The problem is when I use receipt ID starts with IOE and 10 numbers to check my status on check my case status link, it says my case status doesn't recognize the receipt number entered. So I don't what our GC status is, and I really want to know if they have moved to production or mailed out. Is there any way I can track it since the case check link doesn't recognize my receipt number. Please advise!

Hi guys,

I have a question for my GC status as well. My family entered the U.S. on Jan 23rd, and we are waiting for our GC to arrive now. Our case status is OPTIMIZED, and case summary is E-file, in progress, status date is Feb 13, 2015. And status detail says your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review.
The problem is when I use receipt ID starts with IOE and 10 numbers to check my status on check my case status link, it says my case status doesn't recognize the receipt number entered. So I don't what our GC status is, and I really want to know if they have moved to production or mailed out. Is there any way I can track it since the case check link doesn't recognize my receipt number. Please advise!

You simply need to wait for couple of days more. The IOE number will work only after the card is produced and was picked up by USPS. That's how it worked for my wife and me.

Ok great. When it goes to optimized, check your case status, it should say within a day or so that the card has been sent for production, and within a week it should say it has been mailed, if either of these timelines don't work, contact USCIS because then something has gone wrong ( and this seems to be happening a bit more frequently recently). They take a few days to answer, Texas service center (who produce all green cards) normally take about 2 weeks to answer emails, just FYI. But hopefully it all goes smoothly for you :)

Just to correct what Optimized technically means, if you read the FAQ page from Elis:

Q11. What does “Optimized” mean on the case status screen?
A11. When a case is “Optimized,” it means that it is ready to be reviewed by a USCIS officer

Just to correct what Optimized technically means, if you read the FAQ page from Elis:

Q11. What does “Optimized” mean on the case status screen?
A11. When a case is “Optimized,” it means that it is ready to be reviewed by a USCIS officer

Maybe that's what it technically means.
In practice, what it means is that your green card production has been ordered.

Maybe that's what it technically means.
In practice, what it means is that your green card production has been ordered.

Not to argue with you, but it does not mean that. It means the case is ready for officer to pick up and order the green card :) Just a minor difference, I am sure it means it will end up in GC being ordered. :)

Not to argue with you, but it does not mean that. It means the case is ready for officer to pick up and order the green card :) Just a minor difference, I am sure it means it will end up in GC being ordered. :)

First, do you understand the meaning of the term "in practice"?

Kindly explain under what circumstance a USCIS officer would not order production of a green card for someone who has entered on an immigrant visa and paid their USCIS fee?

There are also 96 pages of a thread on this topic over on visajourney where everyone who moves to optimized goes to card production very soon thereafter.

Good lord, and I thought I was pedantic...

First, do you understand the meaning of the term "in practice"?

Kindly explain under what circumstance a USCIS officer would not order production of a green card for someone who has entered on an immigrant visa and paid their USCIS fee?

There are also 96 pages of a thread on this topic over on visajourney where everyone who moves to optimized goes to card production very soon thereafter.

Good lord, and I thought I was pedantic...

I just thought to correct the statement that it means the card has been ordered. I do agree it will be ordered as soon as an officer picks it up I am sure - it is just what the FAQ states on USCIS/Elis website. I just thought it might be helpful to point out what Optimized means exactly on their side.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Ok. Apologies to all that I neglected to mention that the process of ordering card production means a human has to press a button somewhere. Apologies if people thought I implied that USCIS was entirely staffed by robots.
Can we get on with it now?