• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Here are my dates:

Interview: December 05
Paid fee: January 01
POE in Miami: January 22
SSC produced: January 27
USCIS ELIS case received date: February 06
USCIS status tracker message 'sent a notice' (lockbox): February 25
USCIS message that green card was mailed to the address: March 06 :) (case went from optimized to closed)

Last edited:
New update today.

Paid the fee : Jan.28
POE at New York : Feb.03
Elis changed 'accepted' to 'optimized' : Feb.24
USCIS status tracker message 'sent a notice' : Feb.24
USCIS message 'card producing' : Mar.03
USCIS message 'sent card' : Mar.06
Elis changed 'optimized' to 'closed' : Mar.06

Sunshine, you're same as me, but did you get the tracking number?

Hi Yun, the USCIS website got updated today (24 hrs later) with the tracking number, so I guess you should see your tracking number by now as well. Delivery is expected on Monday.

Got a notice today that the card was mailed to me. Very much looking forward to finally having it in hand. I still have not received the welcome notice though which they mailed on Feb 26th about 2 weeks ago. Did you guys get yours?

Hello everyone, seems like I am in the same boat as you guys are.

Paid the Elis Fee 165$ Feb 10 2015
POE Feb 12 2015
I am in the ELIS optimized bubble since Feb 10 2015 (right after I paid)
In pending review on the right lower window from Feb 10 2015 until today

Today the Status Details Window changed from "Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review" to "in process"

I can not track my IOE yet.

can anyone tell me how long it took from "in process" to card production?

my future employer will not take me until I have the actual card in hand.

many thanks and good luck to all of you out there

It is about a week, then it changes to card production and another 3-5 days later it is mailed. It could be faster. Did it say they mailed you a notice when you try to track it? Once you move to optimized you should be able to enter your number in the case tracker.

Thank you for your reply hopper. Well, I can still not track it and it said OPTIMIZED since I paid Feb 10 2015. All that changed now is the Status Details Window changed from "Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review" to "in process"

Hello everyvone. USCIS fee paid on January 9. Fifty days ago I went to America. However, I did not came my green card. uscis status still seems accepted. my english is not good. What should I do.

Hello everyvone. USCIS fee paid on January 9. Fifty days ago I went to America. However, I did not came my green card. uscis status still seems accepted. my english is not good. What should I do.

It seems like it's taking too long, call USCIS helpline and ask them.

Thank you for your reply hopper. Well, I can still not track it and it said OPTIMIZED since I paid Feb 10 2015. All that changed now is the Status Details Window changed from "Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review" to "in process"

If you are worried you can always call them to get a peace of mind :) Let us know how it went

Very happy to report that just got my green card delivered. Long journey and grateful I got to share it with you guys. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I never got the lockbox "welcome notice" mentioned when status moves to optimized but in the green card packet there is a little pamphlet saying "Welcome to US" and it says on a separate sheet application approved - nothing too formal. Is that the one everyone is referring to? Or did you guys got a separate package as noted in the uscis case check?

Swissmedic, fyi, the status updates are weird. For reference it has been almost 2 months since I entered. They updated case status at: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do that card was printing two days after actual printing began. Finally they never gave me a tracking number so I was rather surprised to just find it delivered. In general status gets updated with delay of 2-3 days. I think it will show up but I understand your concern since your employer requires it. BWT this is illegal but a subject of another discussion. If you google i-9 temp green card there is an official uscis page instructing employers that they cannot deny you using the stamped visa to prove work authorization. You can even travel to Canada on it so it is just as real as the plastic if not as comforting.

. BWT this is illegal but a subject of another discussion. If you google i-9 temp green card there is an official uscis page instructing employers that they cannot deny you using the stamped visa to prove work authorization. You can even travel to Canada on it so it is just as real as the plastic if not as comforting.

Yes this is a good point. It is fully functional as proof of permanent residence and to be accepted as such during its one-year validity.
However I can see someone not wanting to get into an argument with a future employer about it ...

Congratulations Hopper! That is great news! and yes SusieQQQ, you are completely right ... can`t argue with them ... unfortunately just have to wait ... at least something changed on my ELIS ("Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review" to "in process"). I am in the optimized bubble since day 1.

hopper, celebrate with a few beers!

Will do! Thanks a lot. I have been in the US for 6 years now first as a student then on na h1b and for people in that situation winning the lottary is a different kind of a miracle. I cannot explain the feeling when you are told at the embassy that your h1b is now canceled. I hope you get yours soon and good luck in your journey!

Hello, I paid my fee on january 4th, POA Chicago January 31st and I still have that message "your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review." So not Optimized yet :(. Also I haven't received my SSN.
Should I get a SSN or just wait?
Thanks
mar 16 Optimized :)

Hi
my POE is 28 February 2015.
Paid Immigration Fee 18 March 2015.
ELIS ("Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review")

Guys What date would i be expected to receive my plastic green card.

Guys please help me out . How can i change my address for delivering my plastic green card.

https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/addressChange.do as i m going to this web address the what should i put in the form number column .I have IOE number that was generated in the result of paying immigration fee $165. What should i write in form number Column. Please help me

Regards

Last edited:
I can not pay, but always fill The correct. error. how come

The A-Number or DOS Case ID you entered is incorrect. Please enter the A-Number and DOS Case ID listed on the USCIS Immigrant Fee handout you received from the U.S. Embassy or consulate.
ERROR: NOTE: If your visa was issued less than five (5) days ago, you may not be able to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee at this time. Based on the date you entered, we recommend that you log into your USCIS ELIS account on or after March, 25, 2015 to pay the fee.

The A-Number or DOS Case ID you entered is incorrect. Please enter the A-Number and DOS Case ID listed on the USCIS Immigrant Fee handout you received from the U.S. Embassy or consulate.
ERROR: NOTE: If your visa was issued less than five (5) days ago, you may not be able to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee at this time. Based on the date you entered, we recommend that you log into your USCIS ELIS account on or after March, 25, 2015 to pay the fee.

Have you tried adding a 0 in front of he number in Dos Case Id like they instruct? I recall if there were only 8 numbers like 12345678 you need to change it to 012345678.

That happened to my husband when trying to pay the Elis fee immigrant fee sometime you just have to give it a day or two for the system to recognize that you have been issued a visa

That happened to my husband when trying to pay the Elis fee immigrant fee sometime you just have to give it a day or two for the system to recognize that you have been issued a visa
Also make sure you are following the correct format for your a number on your visa its the registration nunber just add an A in front of it the number should be 9 numbers if its not add a zero in front to make it 9 numbers like woopsie said and your dos number is the iv case number on your visa ( dont include the 01 or 02 at the end of the iv case number )