1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by creature, Aug 6, 2013.

1. leawe

leawe Member

its nice this post is exist
    up to now haven't received my GC
    my status like this:
    Card Mailed:7/3/2017
    its been 8 days
    there is a ref number but i dont know how to use it
    its giving me wrong number in UPS

2. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

They send via USPS, not UPS.

3. leawe

leawe Member

u r right @SusieQQQ ... but still im putting the ref number and giving me wrong value
    could the ref number belong to the uscis mail not the usps mail
    ref:_00DG0****._500t****Sa:ref

4. tsineeeee

tsineeeee New Member

Card is being produced.
    We have approved your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOE******************. On July 24, 2017, we ordered your card to be produced. We will mail your card to the address you gave us.

BUT when I checked it again the other day, the date has now been changed to August 26, 2017. (Instead of July 24, 2017, with the same card is being produced message)

I entered US July 11, 2017. I paid for my USCIS fee on June 30 before coming to US.

Has anyone gone through the same situation?
    Another question, am I allowed to work without the pr CARD yet? I have a Immigrant visa that says, "temporary I-551 valid for one year"

5. Flori_ALB_NY

Flori_ALB_NY Active Member

Want to track GC status more often and from the comfort of your couch? USCIS has a virtual assistant now named Emma - check it out:

https://www.uscis.gov/emma

6. Wingpin

Wingpin Member

Hi, I've been on this thread for a long time and still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I paid the $220 fee in April and entered the US earlier this month, nearly 2 weeks ago. Using this payment receipt number starting with IOE there has been absolutely NO updates since I made the payment. It just says "payment has been made".

I understand the actual green card can take up to 4 months but shouldn't there be some kind of status change?

Am I supposed to be using the receipt from when I paid the fee at the interview?

7. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

No to both questions. Just need some patience. Nothing at all happens on the GC till you enter irrespective of when you pay. Next update as far as I recall will be when the card goes into production. Last I've heard GCs pretty quick right now, taking around a month at the moment.

Wingpin likes this.