• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Here is a quick summary how the timetable went from paying immigrant fee to actual delivery of GC in my case:

Paid Immigrant Fee: 2/17/2015 -> Status went to Accepted in ELIS
POE 2/18/2015
Status Optimized 2/20/2015 and In process (Waiting for officer to pick up for further processing)
Status Optimized 3/23/2015 and In process (We are producing your new card for your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration)
Status Optimized 3/23/2015 and In process (We ordered your new card)
Status Closed 3/30/2015 and In process (We mailed your new card to the address you gave us.)
Status Closed 3/30/2015 and Closed (The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.)

So we went quite fast to Optimized but the actual card production did not start that instant. Received that card on 04/01/2015 (how appropriate).

Did the US postal service deliver your card in your hand personally or they just drop this Green card in your mail box.
Usually i don't available in the morning time as i go to work so let me know if is it necessary to stay at home during delivery time.
Regards

Did the US postal service deliver your card in your hand personally or they just drop this Green card in your mail box.
Usually i don't available in the morning time as i go to work so let me know if is it necessary to stay at home during delivery time.
Regards

It's dropped in the mail box.

My status

Jan 13 paid the fees.
POE via Detroit airport on March 30
My staus go to optmized " in processe" on April 2.. Still in processe
When i track this message pop- up

"My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

Also till now we didnt recieved the SSN.!!!!! Any idea?

My status

Jan 13 paid the fees.
My staus go to optmized " in processe" on April 2.. Still in processe

"My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

Also till now we didnt recieved the SSN.!!!!! Any idea?

Ours was in process and optimized for about a month before the status changed next time, then we got the cards really fast. Like mentioned there was some misinformation here earlier that optimized means your card has been already mailed.

SSN you can go ask for anytime you want, no need to wait for it to arrive. They might not even have ordered it for you so just visit the office and see if you can get it that way.

It's dropped in the mail box.

Yup, just a regular letter arrives. Once you got the tracking number you can put alerts on USPS page to see where it is going (do not trust that page too much though, they do not always seem to remember to scan the packages along the route..

Ours was in process and optimized for about a month before the status changed next time, then we got the cards really fast. Like mentioned there was some misinformation here earlier that optimized means your card has been already mailed.

SSN you can go ask for anytime you want, no need to wait for it to arrive. They might not even have ordered it for you so just visit the office and see if you can get it that way.

If you are referring to what I had said, it was that the card production process has been started when it switches to optimized. If not, feel free to find the post where it says that "optimized" means the card has been mailed and quote it for us.

If you are referring to what I had said, it was that the card production process has been started when it switches to optimized. If not, feel free to find the post where it says that "optimized" means the card has been mailed and quote it for us.

Yea, I just remember reading a message from someone that it should be in mail and you should get the tracking number quite soon. Which made us confused since we were optimized for so long. :)

What I wanted to say here is it took a month in Optimized status for us and then some USCIS officer picked it up and sent the card to production etc (or that is what the updates said). So nothing to worry yet if your POE was March 30.

Yea, I just remember reading a message from someone that it should be in mail and you should get the tracking number quite soon. Which made us confused since we were optimized for so long. :)

What I wanted to say here is it took a month in Optimized status for us and then some USCIS officer picked it up and sent the card to production etc (or that is what the updates said). So nothing to worry yet if your POE was March 30.

Perhaps you should learn to read better ;)
It does seem the time spent in optimized has varied from around a week to around a month - apparently systems occasionally go screwy at Texas and backlogs build up.

Laughed out loud when I see you added that smilie afterwards, thanks! :)

That was the thread in Visajourney and has nothing to do with you Susie. I don't know why are we continuing this discussion anyway as we seem to agree anyway since it is not relevant here. Peace, I'm out! :)

My status

Jan 13 paid the fees.
My status go to optimized " in process" on April 2.. Still in process

Also till now we didn't received the SSN.!!!!! Any idea?

finally, after 8 days from arrived the POE we received our SSNs. this afternoon

Hhhh, i didnt expects to receive it today that why am worried about.. Also am in hurry to get a work as soon as possiple , you know the new immigrants situation with family members..

So I just payed the GC fee now, in April. Interestingly that USCIS received my papers on Nov. 16th, which is 9 days after arriving at POE with the sealed envelope. My Case status is 'Optimized' and 'In process'. Also received a 'Case Update Notification 'e-mail from USCIS, that hit my inbox 1 min from the Pay.gov payment confirmation email.
I still can't check my status here, though: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do,

Request Type: USCIS Immigrant Fee
Case Received Date: Nov 16, 2014
Received as: E-file
Status Date: Apr 15, 2015
Payment: Submitted

Can you guys give an estimate of when it will arrive? I was thinking, maybe my GC had already been produced and will be shipped in a few days, now that they received confirmation of my payment? I read somewhere that's how they do it..:confused:

Last edited:
Guys,
I don't know if I am on the right place, but hope you will help me anyway.
Actually my husband and I have entered States two weeks ago and tried to pay the fee, but we couldn't do it. When we try to make an account it says like we put incorrect DOS case ID or Alien Reg. Number. Yesterday he sucessfully made his account but trying to put a family member (me) the same happened - incorrect numbers! Then, he tried to make my account separated and the same problem occured again. So, can somebody tell me what is going on here and how can we solve our problem? Also, is it perhabs possible to have two separated accounts if we are spouses?

And, just one more queston - do you know if I can leave States without a green card? The reason I ask that is that I have exams in month and an half which means that I have to go back to my country and then come back to States as soon as I finish it. So, my immigrant visa expires in June, and I am supposed to be back to States in July.

Thank you in advance!

Guys,
I don't know if I am on the right place, but hope you will help me anyway.
Actually my husband and I have entered States two weeks ago and tried to pay the fee, but we couldn't do it. When we try to make an account it says like we put incorrect DOS case ID or Alien Reg. Number. Yesterday he sucessfully made his account but trying to put a family member (me) the same happened - incorrect numbers! Then, he tried to make my account separated and the same problem occured again. So, can somebody tell me what is going on here and how can we solve our problem? Also, is it perhabs possible to have two separated accounts if we are spouses?

And, just one more queston - do you know if I can leave States without a green card? The reason I ask that is that I have exams in month and an half which means that I have to go back to my country and then come back to States as soon as I finish it. So, my immigrant visa expires in June, and I am supposed to be back to States in July.

Thank you in advance!

Not sure what your ELIS issues are, but suggest you call them.

You no longer have an immigrant visa - you now have a temporary green card valid for one year in your passport. If you read the bottom you will note it says on endorsement acts as an I551 (green card) evidencing permanent residence for a year. The 'endorsement' is the entry stamp you got. So yes, you can travel on that for up to a year after you entered.

Hi all

I have a quick enquiry regarding this fee and issue of Green Card
We paid our fees on the 21st March and we entered the US on the 26th March.
I am optimised since the time i paid for it on the 21st and my wife is accepted since the day we paid and hasn't changed at all

We entered over 3 weeks ago,
Looks like something was updated on the 1st of april but far from that I don't really know whats going on.
Should I be worried about anything or should I just continue to wait and see.

This is what is on the website for my self.

Request Type: USCIS Immigrant Fee
Case Received Date: Apr 1, 2015
Received as: E-file
Status Date: Apr 15, 2015
Payment: Submitted

Just wait a while...it's odd that your wife's hasn't changed but you wont get anyone doing anything till around a month after entry. If you get yours but your wife doesn't get hers within a couple of days of that, chase up - that often means something has gone wrong in production.