San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

I was thinking about collecting complaints about the San Jose office (stripping them of the nicknames of course) and send a sample to my congressperson Zoe Lofgren who happens to be the Chair of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration and see if she can do something to make San Jose pick up some speed. What do you think? Do you think there could be a better person to send this?

How about forwarding the information to the congressional committee members who are meeting with Chertoff next Wednesday? Perhaps they can introduce the complaints as anecdotal evidence?

http://kennedy.senate.gov/newsroom/press_release.cfm?id=E6AC4FCB-C344-4B98-9B87-D79D648D8F7D

I was thinking about collecting complaints about the San Jose office (stripping them of the nicknames of course) and send a sample to my congressperson Zoe Lofgren who happens to be the Chair of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration and see if she can do something to make San Jose pick up some speed. What do you think? Do you think there could be a better person to send this?

Thanks for taking this up, Huracan, though I wish we had done it last summer. I don't know how much useful it'll be now, given that SJ DO will soon be moving past the July surge and processing times will normalize. I had written last June/July to Congressman Honda and got a standard and useless reply. At that time, the US Congress was more concerned about the plight of illegal immigrants and complaints of legal immigrants were considered 'rather rich'. Personally, I think the time to be angry and do something about it was last summer.

Hi Amicus,

I agree with you. I was thinking more about trying to tackle the chronic slowness of San Jose as compared with many other offices, e.g. San Francisco. Yes, it's late for dealing with the big surge, but hopefully it will push them into considering structural changes for the San Jose office going forward. Perhaps a new bigger building, with more interview rooms. I don't know, they can work the details. I find it hard to believe that with so much comercial space still available out there they couldn't get a good deal to expand their facilities in San Jose.

PS: In fact I had already sent a message to her office several months ago, at the beginning of the frontlog/backlog debacle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Amicus,

I agree with you. I was thinking more about trying to tackle the chronic slowness of San Jose as compared with many other offices, e.g. San Francisco. Yes, it's late for dealing with the big surge, but hopefully it will push them into considering structural changes for the San Jose office going forward. Perhaps a new bigger building, with more interview rooms. I don't know, they can work the details. I find it hard to believe that with so much comercial space still available out there they couldn't get a good deal to expand their facilities in San Jose.

PS: In fact I had already sent a message to her office several months ago, at the beginning of the frontlog/backlog debacle.

Hi Huracan,

I had written to Rep. Honda exactly about the differences in processing times at SF and SJ, but his staff sent me a 'standard' reply that had no bearing upon my concerns.

I think even simple processing changes would go a long way in improving processing times, without costing anything extra to the tax payers.

1. increase the no. of daily FP appointments at ASC; more often than not, ASC appears to have spare capacity or make walk-in appointments officially acceptable.
2. load balance interviews across DO's within a service center; give applicants a choice between local DO and non-local DO, within a service center.
3. At time of interview, check if applicant needs instructions in specific language. Group such special needs applicants together for a special oath. Use the time saved, to schedule an additional oath session on the same day (4 sessions instead of 3).

Just my 2c...

Hi Huracan,

If you want to write such a letter, you can include my messages.

You can tell from my signature how long for me to wait for this oath letter so far, and you can imagine how frustrated I am about the whole process. :(

My life is also depending on the oath letter too.

Petition

How about a petition. If we can generated enough signatures, we might get some attention. I am totally up to it.

Hi Amicus,

I had written to the congressman Lofgren about the delays at SJ DO and her office just sent me a standard template of a reply. It said something like "there is delay is processing applications due to the name check process...... please be patient..."

I had written too

I had written to the congressman Lofgren about the delays at SJ DO and her office just sent me a standard template of a reply. It said something like "there is delay is processing applications due to the name check process...... please be patient..."

I had written to Congressman Honda, but all I got was standard reply. May be we can set up some online petition and signatures and send that over to the congressmen and senators, I am not sure how to set it up, but I guess if we can show some volume that is always a good thing.

Still NO OATH ....:mad:

Later,
bkarth

-------
04/17/07: FedExed
04/19/07: Received
04/19/07: Priority Date
04/20/07: Notice Date
05/10/07: FP Notice
06/14/07: FP Appt and Done
01/17/08: Interview
??/??/??: Oath

April Oath letter is HERE!!!!!

Just a seconds after I posted my previous mail, I got a call from my room mate.

He checked the mail BOX .. and FOUND MY OATH letter for April 24th 2008.
Finally .. the wait is over for me ... Keep me posted .. Good luck to others.

Let me know how to do the online petitions.

-------
03/27/08: Got the Oath Letter
04/24/08: Oath Scheduled (Finally!)

Just a seconds after I posted my previous mail, I got a call from my room mate.

He checked the mail BOX .. and FOUND MY OATH letter for April 24th 2008.
Finally .. the wait is over for me ... Keep me posted .. Good luck to others.

Let me know how to do the online petitions.

-------
03/27/08: Got the Oath Letter
04/24/08: Oath Scheduled (Finally!)

Congrats bkarth. The journey is coming to an end for you.

What are the chances that siliconhybrid will drive back home early today?! :)

Received oath letter for my wife Apr 24 at 1:00pm. All the dates are same as mine except the interview date which is Feb 11 2008.

Notice date on the letter is 3/25.

Best luck to all.

No oath letter for me today

I saw our mail-woman went away today. Then I checked my mailbox twice, and used my hand to sweep inside the mailbox, just to make sure.

Still, no oath letter for me!!

When I went to San Jose office with infopass on March 11th, I was told by the front desk supervisor that they took out my case out of queue to process.

The next day, my case worker in Zoe Lofgren's office called and told me that USCIS presumed (from pending status) to process my case.

It is the fourth month after my fingerprint, and third month after I submit my I-215W...

Is it normal?

I recd my Oath letter today

waitforsolong, I considered my case to be similar to yours as I had received I-215W too and had submitted it on Feb 7 2008. Today i reced my oath letter for Apr 24 2008. I am sure yours will be there too soon. It has taken me exactly 2 years since I had my interview to reach this point.

Interview on April 24 2006
interview passed but was told FBI name check pending
Recd I-215W & 2nd FP notice dated Jan 22 2008
completed fingerpriting on Feb 6 2008
submitted I-215W on Feb 7 2008
Oath Letter : March 27 2008 (dtd 3/25)
Oath - April 24 2008 @Campbell 3pm

WHOOOO HOOOOO....

Got my Oath Letter today for 24 April at 1pm

See you guys there :)

oh btw, for the sake of other applicants who are still in process... can we all update Ahsieh's spreadsheet?
I just did.

I hope I don't miss anyone.

Congratulations to Amicus, bkarth, TableSpoon22, pursanj and SiliconHybrid for the oath letters. :)

I probably missed someone. waitforsolong, I hope you don't have to wait for much longer for the good news.

I hope I don't miss anyone.

Congratulations to Amicus, bkarth, TableSpoon22, pursanj and SiliconHybrid for the oath letters. :)

I probably missed someone. waitforsolong, I hope you don't have to wait for much longer for the good news.

Muchos gracias Huracan and congrats to my fellow oath-takers. At least now there is a concrete end in sight.

4 weeks to go ...

received my oath letter

I received my oath letter as well for 04/24 at 10 am. Thanks for all your support and good luck to all!