San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

rahulrastogi

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I am starting this thread as a tracker to check San Jose N400 timeline. Please post your dates and status. My Status

PD: 5/04
FP: 6/04
Waiting for Interview Call

Regards, Rahul

Folks,

I am starting this thread as a tracker to check San Jose N400 timeline. Please post your dates and status. My Status

PD: 5/04
FP: 6/04
Waiting for Interview Call

Regards, Rahul
Hi, I am not from SJ but from san diego but we both fall under CSC.
my PD: Nov. 5 04
FP: waiting
My recepit no of application starts with "WSC*", is that same in your case ?
also my status has not appeared online yet, how about yours ?
Thanks

rahulrastogi said:
Same here - No Case status Online and starts with WSC*
Thanks for reply.
As per SJ process time, it takes about 8 months for N-400 so you are very very close to get interview notice letter.
pl. update, if you dont mind, when you get the interview notice & date.
Thanks!!

Thanks King. Is 8 months for interview or the entire process.
How long does it normally take AFTER the interview to get to Oath. Are there oath ceremonies every month ?

Regards

RR

rahulrastogi said:
Thanks King. Is 8 months for interview or the entire process.
How long does it normally take AFTER the interview to get to Oath. Are there oath ceremonies every month ?

Regards

RR
RR:
SJ is processing case for March 10 (as of published time on Nov. 10). The million dollar question is what does this mean ? Well, I haven't seen any concrete answers. For some DO, it means they are processing oath for these candidates (best case scenario). For some, they are processing interview for these candidates(average case). For some, they are sending out notices of interview for thses candidates(worst case). Having said that, I dont know which category SJ DO falls in to.
Assuming, average case scenario for SJ and if they are sending interview notice 45 days before than you arr very close to get the notice based on your PD and that's all I meant to say.
If you are curious enough about your case and have some spare time, than I recommend to take appt for your local DO and visit them in person (you may hear your interview date from them :) )
I dont know abt oath ceremonies in SJ area. Usually it takes abt 30 - 75 days if the case is clear at time of interview.

San Jose timeline
Filed n400 12/23/2003
fingerprinted feb 2004
interview 1/03/2005 passed exam but "name check pending"
according to INS name check can take up to a year

San Jose N400 Timeline

Well folks - I had my interview last week Thursday.
I am told that letter for oath appointment can take upto 3 months.

Here is the full timeline:
PD: 5/2004
FP: 6/2004
Inter: 2/2005
Oath: Waiting

Rastogi

Well Folks,

I started this thread hoping there will be people equally anxious and waiting - willing to share their own case status and time-lines. I find it hard to comprehend that there is only two of us here in San Jose Area with info worth sharing :( . So PLEASE - If your case is waiting at the San Jose office - please share your timelines ! PLEASE...

Regards

Rahul Rastogi

Here is my timeline (AGAIN) - no change since my last post...

PD: 5/2004
FP: 6/2004
Inter: 2/2005
Oath: Waiting Game is on...

teluguone said:
PD Nov 29, 2004
FP Jan 06, 2005
Scheduled Interview Date:Apr 29, 2005 in SFO

Wow, you are quick.
Why you get your interview at SFO? Your paper work is processed at San Jose Office?
I just send in my N400 and get a notice that this is now in process.
Also, hank you for the administrator to set this up. This is great.

Our timeline

I submitted the paper on March 10. Here is the timeline.

PD: March 17
FD: waiting

Seems like SJ office is slowing down

Hi Lively,

No, I am still waiting. Much longer than I originally expected. Lets keep each other informed.

cheers

It is hard to understand the working of department. I was a week ahead of
you in the petition.I can understand different wait times after the fingerprints but how come we did not get the FD yet.I will keep u upadated.

Happy for you.

jwsnake said:
Wow, you are quick.
Why you get your interview at SFO? Your paper work is processed at San Jose Office?
I just send in my N400 and get a notice that this is now in process.
Also, hank you for the administrator to set this up. This is great.

Somehow I have recived my interview letter from USINS, Lincoln, Nebraska.
Maybe that is why I am called for an interview at SFO.

My I-485 was approved from this center. Do you think that is the reason?

Does anyone know anybody who's FD was more than 2 months after petition. I have checked numrous threads and everbody is seems to be getting the FD around 1-1.5 months after PD and mine petition was on march 10 and I havent even recieved the notice for FD yet. I called the INS and got the standard reply,"Nothing to worry,FD can even be two days before the interview". Any comments Please.

Also the internet does not show my case status and the INS representative said sanjose office may not have internet capabilty for case status update(I thought I am living in silicon valley..!!!).can you guys check your status online?