San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Experience in interview

Agree with Dilipjaju. My FD notice is from Laguna Niguel too.

Anyone who has successfully passed the interview does not mind to share some experiences?

jwsnake said:

Anyone who has successfully passed the interview does not mind to share some experiences?

jwsnake,

Did you write cover letter when you sent your application? If you did, then can you email me content of it? I am done with filling out application and ready to sent it on 18th May.

Regards,

rahulrastogi said:
Well folks - I had my interview last week Thursday.
I am told that letter for oath appointment can take upto 3 months.

Here is the full timeline:
PD: 5/2004
FP: 6/2004
Inter: 2/2005
Oath: Waiting

Rastogi

Hello Rahul,

Thanks for starting this thread. Are you done with your Oath? If yes, then can you post your date of Oath? If not, then do you know how much time it takes between Interview and Oath? Did they mention you about waiting time for Oath during your interview?

Regards,

Dilip Jaju

dilipjaju said:
Hello Rahul,

Thanks for starting this thread. Are you done with your Oath? If yes, then can you post your date of Oath? If not, then do you know how much time it takes between Interview and Oath? Did they mention you about waiting time for Oath during your interview?

Regards,

Dilip Jaju

Sorry, you did aswer my questions in your post. Please let us know when your oath is done.

jwsnake said:

I had my interview just 3 weeks back. Lady who interviewed me went through the application, just asked three basic civic questions, the she asked me write a sentence in english. That's it. She gave us a letter that we passed, and was told wait time for oath is between 1-4 months. Total interview time 10 minutes.

Filing N400

Dilipjaju,
No, I dont have cover letter. Not necessay, in my opinion. In fact, my suggestion is to keep things simple. INS needs to handle tons of applications and the simplier it is for them to review your case, the better. All necessary info INS required should already be addressed at the N400 form. Imagine you were the INS officer who review cases, how much material you will want/need to review a case.

jwsnake said:
Dilipjaju,
No, I dont have cover letter. Not necessay, in my opinion. In fact, my suggestion is to keep things simple. INS needs to handle tons of applications and the simplier it is for them to review your case, the better. All necessary info INS required should already be addressed at the N400 form. Imagine you were the INS officer who review cases, how much material you will want/need to review a case.

jwssnake,

Thanks for prompt reply. I will follow your advice.

sjc_citizen said:
I had my interview just 3 weeks back. Lady who interviewed me went through the application, just asked three basic civic questions, the she asked me write a sentence in english. That's it. She gave us a letter that we passed, and was told wait time for oath is between 1-4 months. Total interview time 10 minutes.

sjc_citizen,

Thanks for sharing information. Please update your date of Oath as soon as you get it.

Today I got my oath ceremony letter. Here is my n-400 timeline;
* Applied in Oct'04
* FP'd on Nov'04
* Interviewed on May 1st' 05 week.
* Oath ceremony letter received on May19th'05, scheduled on June 14th'05

Good luck to you all.

sjc_citizen said:
Today I got my oath ceremony letter. Here is my n-400 timeline;
* Applied in Oct'04
* FP'd on Nov'04
* Interviewed on May 1st' 05 week.
* Oath ceremony letter received on May19th'05, scheduled on June 14th'05

Good luck to you all.

Thanks for sharing information. I sent my application yesterday. Waiting for next step.

How do you know you belong to San Jose or San Francisco while you just apply to California Cervice Center? Is it the county u live in that determines this fact? Which office is faster these days?
Thanks,

Naaz

dilipjaju said:
Thanks for sharing information. I sent my application yesterday. Waiting for next step.

Best wishes for U!!!
I am sending mine in two weeks from now...
lets share our timelines and progress.

A question for u... did u send the fees all on one check or the finger printing fee as a separate check? what is best to do? thanks,

naaz

Naaz2004 said:
Best wishes for U!!!
I am sending mine in two weeks from now...
lets share our timelines and progress.

A question for u... did u send the fees all on one check or the finger printing fee as a separate check? what is best to do? thanks,

naaz

Naaz,

Thanks for your wishes and same to you. I send the fees all in one check ($390), after reading somewhere on this message board.

Also regarding your first question in earlier post (San Jose or San Francisco), I think it depends on where you live.

dilipjaju said:
Status of my case so far..

Hit Submit before completing message. Anyways here you go. Status of my case so far. Application Sent --> 05/18/2005, Application Received --> 05/20/2005 (As per USPS tracking record). Waiting for official receipt notice..

The date on USCIS website

The processing date on the USCIS website is OCT 15 and this thread has people with PD of even march and being called for the interview. Can anyone tell me what it all means.

Also please, anyone beside me;who havn't got his interview notice and applied before feb 2005 share your experience. I have gone to immigration office couple of times and I get the same reply, "Everything Ok, application is in process, Wait" . I have filed an enquiry.

lively said:
The processing date on the USCIS website is OCT 15 and this thread has people with PD of even march and being called for the interview. Can anyone tell me what it all means.

that means if someone has PD in Feb 05, they can't complain to USCIS about they are not getting the interview because the PD on the website says it is up to Oct 15. someone got the interview when filed in march which does not mean others would have the same treatement.

basically, USCIS online process time is for coverring themself if they are behind in processing.

Not even FP yet

I havn't even got the FP notice yet.

How do you find out the dates your FP reached BFI and came back to USCIS.

Last edited by a moderator:
lively said:
I havn't even got the FP notice yet.

How do you find out the dates your FP reached BFI and came back to USCIS.

what is your timeline so far? (sorry, i did not look back to previous post to figure it out your timeline)

abhatt said:
Looks like San Jose DO is moving fast. We too got Interview letters for July 01, '05 last Saturday 5/13.

PD : 03/24/05
ND : 03/29/05
FP : 04/26/05
Interview Scheduled : 01 July 25

your case is moving SOOOOO fast.

my PD 03/09/05 FP 4/27/05 and DO is in Santa Ana. my PD is earlier than yours and you even got the interview notice. wow... of course.. yours is SJ and mine is SNA :(