Refugee Travel Document - updates 2019 onwards

I have my RTD receipt received 10/11/23 with the first three letter being IOE.
I checked my USCIS account earlier today that says an estimate of 4 weeks until I get a decision.
Kinda shocked how it would process so quickly! Wanted to know if I can trust this information so I don't get my hopes up and plan my travel.
Anybody had this experience before?

I never applied for anything that showed an estimate decision time showing.
100% it's bs from USCIS lol we all been waiting for the RTD for more than 14 months so far! hopefully it happens a miracle with you but honestly i don't see it at all.

100% it's bs from USCIS lol we all been waiting for the RTD for more than 14 months so far! hopefully it happens a miracle with you but honestly i don't see it at all.
Thanks for the response, that's what I thought.
I will not get my hopes up. Lol.

My RTD online status is “case received” since May 2023, but I received the receipt letter . I’ve been checking the status everyday but no changes.

My RTD online status is “case received” since May 2023, but I received the receipt letter . I’ve been checking the status everyday but no changes
don't do that!!! you still have long time ahead at least until next JUNE OR JULY 2024 so checking the status everyday will just exhaust you for nothing.

Hi all,

I need some information regarding RTD application.
So I filed my I-485 last month (August) without the RTD application.
Is there anyway I can still apply for the RTD and have the fee waived?
If so, anybody knows how to correctly do so?
Hi , did you filed RTD while pending I-485? I have the same situation and I want to file the RTD and EAD while pending the I-485 but I don’t know where to send the application meaning I believe is a different address when you submit your I-485 package than when you submit the RTD by itself.

Hi , did you filed RTD while pending I-485? I have the same situation and I want to file the RTD and EAD while pending the I-485 but I don’t know where to send the application meaning I believe is a different address when you submit your I-485 package than when you submit the RTD by itself.

Yes I did.
Just go to the I-131 Form information at the USCIS website.
From there, you'll get access to the address.

my RTD got approved today finally after been waiting for 15 months!!!
applied October 10 ,2022 and got approved January 10,2023!!!
good luck to y'all

my RTD got approved today finally after been waiting for 15 months!!!
applied October 10 ,2022 and got approved January 10,2023!!!
good luck to y'all
Congrats, I saw in case trackers that are processing RTD for October. Your RTD is valid for one year ? and your RTD is based in asylum or green card ?

Congrats, I saw in case trackers that are processing RTD for October. Your RTD is valid for one year ? and your RTD is based in asylum or green card ?
i didn't get it yet i just got case approved today but it's based on GC so i don't know if it's really for one year or 2 as some people recently said they got 2 years validation of RTD.

i didn't get it yet i just got case approved today but it's based on GC so i don't know if it's really for one year or 2 as some people recently said they got 2 years validation of RTD.
would you mind share when you receive your RTD to have an idea. My RTD will be one year the end of this month so is coming .

Refugee Travel Document has only 1 year of validity, regardless of whether you have a Green Card or not. However, if you do have a GC, then you can apply for Re-entry Permit instead of RTD, and the Re-entry Permit has 2 years of validity (but doesn't offer visa free entry to some countries like RTD does).

Refugee Travel Document has only 1 year of validity, regardless of whether you have a Green Card or not. However, if you do have a GC, then you can apply for Re-entry Permit instead of RTD, and the Re-entry Permit has 2 years of validity (but doesn't offer visa free entry to some countries like RTD does).
Some people got 2 years validity and it was RTD and that started to happen recently