• Poll closed .
how much time

Hi,
How much time they took to reply??

10/2002, CA, EB2, RIR

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
It said the following....

Dear Mr. XXX:

Your letter to Secretary of Labor Elaine. Chao, was referred to this office for reply. The ETA is responsible for adminstering the department's foreign labor certification program. You requESTED OUR ASSISTANCE REGARDING AN APPLICATION FOR ALINE EOMPLOYMENT CERTIFCIATION FILED FOR MR. XXX XXXX.

THE ETA PHILADELPHIA BACKLOG OTHERWISE KNOWN AS PBEC INFORMED US IT SENT A "45 DAY LETTER" TO THE EMPLOYER OR ITS REPRESENTAVIVE. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH THE CENTER RECEIVED AN AFFIRMATIVE RESPONSE AND THE CASE HAS BENN PLACE IN THE PROCESSING QUEUE FOR TRADITIONAL RECRUITMENT CASES.

ON SEPTMEBER 11, 2006, THE DEPARTMENT INTROUDCED THE BACKLOG PULBIC DISCLOSURE SYSTEM [PDS]. THE PURPOSE OF THE PDS IS TO PROVIDE A VEHICLE FOR EMPLOYERS, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS, AND ALIENS TO DETERMINE THE STATUS OF AN APPLICAON. ACCESS TO THE PDS IS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DEPARTMENT'S WEB SITE.... www.pbls.doleta.gov/pbls_pds.cfm.

WE ESTIMATE THE PERMANENT PROGRAM'S BACKLOG CASES WILL BE DETERMINED BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2007. THIS NEW TIMEFRAME AND CONSOLIDATED APPROCACH TO PROCESSING FAVORABLE COMPARE TO OUT OLD METHOD, WHICH MAY HAVE REQUIRE A PERIOD OF FOUR OR MORE YEARS TO REACH AND PROCESS A CASES.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO CALL ME AT (202) 693- 2700.

SINCERLY,
WILLIAM L. CARLSON, PH.D.
ADMINISTRATOR
OFFICE OF FOREIGN LABOR CERTIFCATION...

gc_help04 said:
Honorable Elaine L Chao
Secretary of Labor
U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210

I'm not sure if sending letter will help. But if every applicant who is waiting for approval since 2001, sends letter to Elaine, it might make a difference. There is no harm in sending letter.

My point was, instead of sending individual letters, it may make a difference if send a letter with all our information.

not bad..

RaoDulla said:
My point was, instead of sending individual letters, it may make a difference if send a letter with all our information.

I LIKE YOUR IDEA...WE SHOULD DEFINETLY DO THAT, BUT WHO'LL BE RESPONSIBLE TO GET ALL THE INFORMATION TOGETHER AND SEND IT OUT?

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
I LIKE YOUR IDEA...WE SHOULD DEFINETLY DO THAT, BUT WHO'LL BE RESPONSIBLE TO GET ALL THE INFORMATION TOGETHER AND SEND IT OUT?

Should we mention the actual ETA Case numbers. I can collect the information and compile the letter. But we should get substantial number of people, it may not be effective if one or two of us send the letter

I can join you

I can give my exact case # and name, PD to you if we have enough people to do it.

I called the 202 number yesterday, and left a message to complain that they don't follow the FIFO as they promised.

For your info, from murthy forum.

EB3 Labor Finally Approved

Here are the details:

State: MD
LC Type: RIR
Category: EB3
PD: 8/24/2001
Case Transfered to Phillie on 2/18/2004
45 Day Received : March 2005.
Certified on 10/23/2006

Reason it took so Long for me: DOL had changed my Priority Date to 12/3/2003 instead of 8/24/2001 at some point during move. I had been waiting for the approval but no word from DOL. Finally I noticed the error on the 45 day letter that my attorney sent me. I notified my attorney and he sent an email to DOL on 10/20/06 asking them to correct the date and they replied back on 10/23/06 with approval and fixing of the priority date.

I would recommend to those people whose priority dates are too old to check into their papers and make sure that DOL has correct dates and other info. Also, my attorney did not catch the mistake for almost two years. It should have been caught at the time when 45 day letter was received. So don't trust your attorney to identify errors. They have some many applicants and they are not looking for errors unless there is some reason.

Best wishes to you all.

Letter from Elaine Chao Office

I received reply from William Carlson Jr office today for the letter faxed a month back to Elaine Chao (Secretary - DOL).

Letter said the same stuff as others(seems like a canned reply). Basically it said work thru the employer for status, reference to the website for checking status and that we will try and complete backlog by Sep 07...

Well anyway we tried...keep the hopes alive for 2001/2002 cases approval.

alex10dc said:
I can give my exact case # and name, PD to you if we have enough people to do it.

I called the 202 number yesterday, and left a message to complain that they don't follow the FIFO as they promised.

Any one who wants send a mass letter to the Secretary, please give me your details. Please send email to rao.dulla@gmail.com

Labor Disappeared

After almost 5 years(Jan 2002) lawyer came to know today that LC is disappered into thin air. May be they shredded in Atl before even sending to Philly BEC. This was after many queries to DOL/No Contact/No 45 day letter etc.,

Lawyer is in process of recreating the case/history. Anyone know if these go back to the queue(which is already slow)?

Good side I think is atleast some one came to know that case is missing. Better than before where there is no info on status or existance of the case.

wait and see...now how long will they take to clear.

I feel your pain

GCgala said:
After almost 5 years(Jan 2002) lawyer came to know today that LC is disappered into thin air. May be they shredded in Atl before even sending to Philly BEC. This was after many queries to DOL/No Contact/No 45 day letter etc.,

Lawyer is in process of recreating the case/history. Anyone know if these go back to the queue(which is already slow)?

Good side I think is atleast some one came to know that case is missing. Better than before where there is no info on status or existance of the case.

wait and see...now how long will they take to clear.

I really hope your case gets resolved soon. I completely understand the agony and the wait.
Hang in there!

GCgala said:
Thanks for the encouragement... hope so too.

It is very sad and hope that it gets resolved soon. Did you try to call your Senator and talk to the secretary. May be send a letter to the Senator. Do you have the receipt notice when your lawyer filed the case. IF so attach it and send it to the Senator

GCgala said:
Thanks for the encouragement... hope so too.

Sorry to hear about your case. That too after your case moved to regional DOL in early 2003, where the NOF was processed in mid 2004. I think, you were days from adjudication from Atlanta DOL when the case was shipped to BEC. Your lawyer should be able to re-instate the case by furnishing necessary docs and SWA / DOL responses. At least you got some status rather wandering in the dark.

Good luck.

Today the online status shows "CERTIFIED"

ETA Case Number: P-04307-*****
Priority Date: 07/30/2002
Processing Type: RIR
State: CA
Occupation Code: 15-1031
Case Received Date (Philadelphia): 11/02/2004

I am approaching the 5th Anniversary.

ETA Case Number: P-04281-*****
Priority Date: 12/06/2001
State: MD

Congratulations RaoDulla

RaoDulla said:
Today the online status shows "CERTIFIED"

ETA Case Number: P-04307-*****
Priority Date: 07/30/2002
State: CA
Occupation Code: 15-1031
Case Received Date (Philadelphia): 11/02/2004

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the encouragement

manwithnoname said:
Sorry to hear about your case. That too after your case moved to regional DOL in early 2003, where the NOF was processed in mid 2004. I think, you were days from adjudication from Atlanta DOL when the case was shipped to BEC. Your lawyer should be able to re-instate the case by furnishing necessary docs and SWA / DOL responses. At least you got some status rather wandering in the dark.

Good luck.

Actually the lawyers were able to reconstruct the case with approvals/responses etc., and sent to PBEC this week. Now the wait continues.

Congratulations RaoDulla... your approval shows there is hope for 2001/2002 cases.

GCgala said:
Actually the lawyers were able to reconstruct the case with approvals/responses etc., and sent to PBEC this week. Now the wait continues.

Congratulations RaoDulla... your approval shows there is hope for 2001/2002 cases.

Wish you all the best. I lost hope and did not check onlie for a while. Last week I checked online and it is showing "CERTIFIED". It was pleasent surprise.

Hope you too have a similar surprise -:)