• Poll closed .
fyi

RaoDulla said:
Waht are your case number and state. Is RIR or non - RIR

from the tracker

showmestate 22-Feb-02 10-Jun-04 Maryland EB2 RIR Philadelphia DOL 20-Feb-05
P-04279-XXXXX
Letter Received 18-May-06

Are there still a lot of ppl waiting from 2001/2002 ? I am franky getting really tired with no end in sight. Most of my friends with 2002 dates from PBEC have been certified.

whenn said:
from the tracker

showmestate 22-Feb-02 10-Jun-04 Maryland EB2 RIR Philadelphia DOL 20-Feb-05
P-04279-XXXXX
Letter Received 18-May-06

2002calabor said:
Are there still a lot of ppl waiting from 2001/2002 ? I am franky getting really tired with no end in sight. Most of my friends with 2002 dates from PBEC have been certified.
I am not still waiting
EB3 CA July 2002

The randomness of PBEC is unbelievable and really stressful. Here we are waiting for over 4 years and they are approving cases of 2004 already.

Have you guys tried calling PBEC? Is there anything we can do to get things moving?

no luck...........

2002calabor said:
The randomness of PBEC is unbelievable and really stressful. Here we are waiting for over 4 years and they are approving cases of 2004 already.

Have you guys tried calling PBEC? Is there anything we can do to get things moving?

I tried calling a number of times and no one is willing to give out any information or timeline. When I stressed that this case was as old as 2001 I got an answer saying that there were many such cases and older ones too. So it is just a wait and watch thing that we have to follow and hope better luck prevails.

damn ... this is so frustrating ... even more frustrating to see ppl who applied 3 years later sailing thru it.

NYC2001 said:
I tried calling a number of times and no one is willing to give out any information or timeline. When I stressed that this case was as old as 2001 I got an answer saying that there were many such cases and older ones too. So it is just a wait and watch thing that we have to follow and hope better luck prevails.

06132002 said:
I am here too....

PD 6/13/2002
NY EB3

I suggest that all of us who are stuck with this PBEC mess should write a collective letter to Eilene Chao. Can any one get me here address.

I can coordinate to collect the names and prepare a letter. I will draft the letter and send it out for approval/modifications by all of you. Once we finalize the letter, I will print it out and mail it to Mrs Chao.

If you are willing to join hands, please send me the following information

Full Name:
LastName:
Company:
Priority Date:
State:
RIR/Non-RIR:
EB2/EB3:
H1B status: (Example) In 8th year extension

Keeping hope alive

whenn said:
Did you check your case status online?
You can ask your HR to call #202-693-3010 to find out what is going on with your case.

10/2002, CA, Eb2, RIR..still waiting..

Had sent letters/Fax to senators/Elaine Chao and Barbara Shelly... no news yet or information on the case. My lawyers tell me they did a mass followup with PBEC since few others are in the same situation as mine, no news from them also.

Had tried 202 many times and left messages..still trying my luck.

Keep trying as always until stage is completed....I am sure many of us will have no patience left after this mega GC process, or will get used to excerise more patience in other areas of life aswell.

wait goes one... but seeing some approvals lately feel I see light at the end of the LC tunnel(hope it is not light of a fast moving train)

Honorable Elaine L Chao
Secretary of Labor
U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210

I'm not sure if sending letter will help. But if every applicant who is waiting for approval since 2001, sends letter to Elaine, it might make a difference. There is no harm in sending letter.

I did send a letter and got a response...

gc_help04 said:
Honorable Elaine L Chao
Secretary of Labor
U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210

I'm not sure if sending letter will help. But if every applicant who is waiting for approval since 2001, sends letter to Elaine, it might make a difference. There is no harm in sending letter.

It said the following....

Dear Mr. XXX:

Your letter to Secretary of Labor Elaine. Chao, was referred to this office for reply. The ETA is responsible for adminstering the department's foreign labor certification program. You requESTED OUR ASSISTANCE REGARDING AN APPLICATION FOR ALINE EOMPLOYMENT CERTIFCIATION FILED FOR MR. XXX XXXX.

THE ETA PHILADELPHIA BACKLOG OTHERWISE KNOWN AS PBEC INFORMED US IT SENT A "45 DAY LETTER" TO THE EMPLOYER OR ITS REPRESENTAVIVE. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH THE CENTER RECEIVED AN AFFIRMATIVE RESPONSE AND THE CASE HAS BENN PLACE IN THE PROCESSING QUEUE FOR TRADITIONAL RECRUITMENT CASES.

ON SEPTMEBER 11, 2006, THE DEPARTMENT INTROUDCED THE BACKLOG PULBIC DISCLOSURE SYSTEM [PDS]. THE PURPOSE OF THE PDS IS TO PROVIDE A VEHICLE FOR EMPLOYERS, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS, AND ALIENS TO DETERMINE THE STATUS OF AN APPLICAON. ACCESS TO THE PDS IS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DEPARTMENT'S WEB SITE.... www.pbls.doleta.gov/pbls_pds.cfm.

WE ESTIMATE THE PERMANENT PROGRAM'S BACKLOG CASES WILL BE DETERMINED BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2007. THIS NEW TIMEFRAME AND CONSOLIDATED APPROCACH TO PROCESSING FAVORABLE COMPARE TO OUT OLD METHOD, WHICH MAY HAVE REQUIRE A PERIOD OF FOUR OR MORE YEARS TO REACH AND PROCESS A CASES.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO CALL ME AT (202) 693- 2700.

SINCERLY,
WILLIAM L. CARLSON, PH.D.
ADMINISTRATOR
OFFICE OF FOREIGN LABOR CERTIFCATION...